That time of year: Homeless shopping spree?

The fate of Homeless shopping spree

• Total voters

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
2869.02 miles from the Stienway Bldg
Well, it is upon us. Soon the leaves will turn and then fall, the air will become crisp and cold. But will some unlucky mall become filled with the sounds and stench of the wretched homeless?

Has the homeless Charlie incident sealed that fate of the homeless shopping spree?

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
Sadly, I think so. Because normally they "interview" the homeless in studio before hand. And I think they have learned their lesson on that fact.

It stinks, but that's how I see it

ImAlrightSpider

I paid $2 a month for O&A and I LIKED it!
Feb 20, 2006
Natick, MA
I would like to hope that they do it anyway. They have done plenty of homeless interviews in the past that did not end up in a suspension.

Keep hope alive!

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I think they wont abandon the homeless shopping spree. someone will just have to bring their trigger finger to the dump button.

Grace

I'm a firm breasted something
Nov 16, 2005
Philly
I hope they do it again... I would love to see them bring it to Philly one year. King of Prussia mall would be a perfect place to have it.

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Definitely a highlight of the holiday season. Would seriously suck if the PC police got it. :(

Woodfloorlicker

Host, "The Radio Freaks" & Meaty Breasted Zilch
Dec 2, 2005
Philthydelphia, PA
I hope they do it again... I would love to see them bring it to Philly one year. King of Prussia mall would be a perfect place to have it.
I was thinking about that last year as I was there, picking up some presents in Brookstone.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Charlie's comments were a fluke, and it should have been a non story to begin with. I think they should be able to do another HSS, as long as it is done carefully and assurances are made. Let's keep our fingers crossed, because that is always a fucking classic show...even more fun to attend.

JamesDamit

Spawn of satan
Nov 25, 2004
2869.02 miles from the Stienway Bldg
Let's keep our fingers crossed, because that is always a fucking classic show...even more fun to attend.
I am out here in Ca. and was making plans to come back east to coencide with HSS. If no HSS this year then fuck the tri-states its off to Florida for Kwanzaa.

Hoagie

I suggest you tread lightly
Wackbag Staff
Mar 24, 2004
Your Mom's box
It's that time of year? You know you are starting waaaaay to fucking early when you are talking about Christmas before even the stores are.

Woodfloorlicker

Host, "The Radio Freaks" & Meaty Breasted Zilch
Dec 2, 2005
Philthydelphia, PA
Charlie's comments were a fluke, and it should have been a non story to begin with. I think they should be able to do another HSS, as long as it is done carefully and assurances are made. Let's keep our fingers crossed, because that is always a fucking classic show...even more fun to attend.
Not to mention the fact that regardless of what people who don't truly know Opie and Anthony think of them, they really do a hell of a lot of good for these homeless guys every year with the HSS. If not for once a year, at least these guys get something they may truly need, and it's all thanks to the generosity of Opie and Anthony, and also us, their listeners, who also often donate hundreds of our own dollars (maybe more than that, WFL!) while we go watch these guys in whatever mall they decide to invade.

Sure, they're smelly, rude, obnoxious and make comments worthy of getting those that help them suspended, but what we, the listeners and O&A do for these guys really does make a difference in these people's lives if at least for a little while (or until they decide to trade what they bought for a blowjob in a bus station bathroom).

But my point here is, the HSS really is a benefit to society as much as it is radio gold, and I really think that CBS and/or XM need to take whatever precautions might be necessary as far as the "dump button" goes, but let O&A do the HSS!!!

::stepping down off the soapbox::

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
It's too early for me to think about Christmas ... ask this again at least after Halloween & I'll be able to give you an answer :action-sm

in the event that you can't wait - I think they should go for it