The 100 Scariest Movie Scenes

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Too many on the list to comment on, but Un Chien Andalou doesn't belong on that list, let alone #6. That scene is gruesome, but not scary at all.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
Nice to see how half of the moments came from three movies. I actually like that. Too many times lists will only pick out one from a movie. I also liked the inclusion of Suspiria. Though some of the are too jokey.

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff
Wow, some of those are definitely in my top list
These were pretty scary:

#99 RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1985)
The Tar Man Wants to Eat Your Brains!

#63 THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939)
FLYING MONKEYS!

#52 THE RING (2002)
LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN MY CLOSET

#31 THE EXORCIST (1973)
REGAN PERFORMS UNSPEAKABLE ACTS WITH A CROSS

These were so scary that even just reading the highlights of the scene caused me to get chills all over again:

#76 THE SHINING (1980)
RED RUM! RED RUM! RED RUM!

#49 TRILOGY OF TERROR (1975)
ATTACK OF THE ZUNI FETISH DOLL

#46 SALEM'S LOT (1979)
VAMPIRE BOY FLOATS OUTSIDE WINDOW

#19 WILLIE WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (1971)
BOATRIDE TO HELL!

#3 THE SHINING (1980)
DANNY RIDES HIS BIG WHEEL DOWN THE HALL

#5 POLTERGEIST (1982)
TOY CLOWN ATTACKS BOY UNDER BED

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
I like how Quint's story from the Indianapolis is on there. It really is one of the more unsettling moments in film.

"Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

Buster H

Alt-F4
Wackbag Staff

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
The Tree R@pe scene in Evil Dead wasn't scary. That was hilarious.

ThatsNotFunny

Three...Girth Units.
Missing from the list:
The scene in The Thing where all the guys are tied down and Kurt is trying to figure out who's 'contaminated'.

cosmic cow

RaMoooooone!!!
I didn't look at the list but the original When a Stranger Calls scared the crap out of me when I was young "Have you checked the children?"

That list is very funny. I love that they're not afraid to throw a gag in there like the crying game reveal or that awful shit in Dumbo.

I love that Akira and Heavy Metal made the list, too!

And damn, #67 - good catch. A lot of people overlook Prince Of Darkness.

Edit to Add: I gotta say, when someone claims the shower scene in Psycho is the scariest ever, I call film snob bullshit. Well made? Sure. Revolutionary. Definitely. Scariest ever? Go screw.

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
that awful shit in Dumbo.
People talk about how great CGI is but some of those early Disney movies had scenes that CGI have not even begun to touch. There are moments in Fantasia that are almost sickening because of how beautiful it looks.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
someone on wackbag has this picture in their sig. it is easily the creepiest scene in a movie ive ever seen. loved it
[yt]OM57G4EDK_M[/yt]
I still remember seeing this scene for the first time and just about jumping out of my seat. . . FUCKORAMA!!!

Beeman99

This is one of the best lists ever because it's so all-encompassing — plenty of vintage clips going back to the silent era and several foreign films as well.

A couple years ago, I think it was Bravo or A&E that did a list of their funniest films of all time, but the oldest I think was "The Producers". Harold & Kumar can make the list but not the Marx Brothers? Riiiiiight.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Maybe I missed it, but in Ghost Story. After sex with her the hero rolls her over and it is a decayed corpse.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Session 9 had some creepy shit in it, like when the kid is in the basement hallway and the lights start turning off and he's running away. A few movies have ripped off that scene.

The pig eyes outside the window in the Amityville Horror scared the shit out of me, but I was 5 when I saw it so don't know if it holds up.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
ok missing Phantasm I think

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Missing from the list:
The scene in The Thing where all the guys are tied down and Kurt is trying to figure out who's 'contaminated'.

The defribrilator scene scared the shit out of me. I never expected the guy's chest to become a mouth.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
The defribrilator scene scared the shit out of me. I never expected the guy's chest to become a mouth.
No shit that was fucked up. Definitely a surprise there. I think most scenes in Hellraiser 1 and 2 were pretty scary also.