The 2020 Presidential Election!

Southtown

My lib friends are the same way. They have their cute graphs showing how unemployment has been dropping since 2009. They want to claim that higher wages and more opportunities are the result of Obama and only the bad stuff with the economy is Trump's fault. Heck, even after the stock market started rising again when we had that big selloff a few months ago, that's STILL thanks to Obama. There's no cutting through their delusion
I know its crazy. My friends that were doing it the other day were saying how stupid and blind Trump supporters are for not seeing it that way. Fucking insane

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Someone from the left would tell you that moderate means right wing as well. How you judge a moderate is determined by your point of view more than theirs.

I consider myself centrist/moderate because I support many policies supported by each side. I also feel like the most damaging and dangerous people are those who express the attitude that you should never give an inch or negotiate on anything. In terms of that attitude you and Nancy Pelosi are equal in my eyes. No offense.
This is pretty laughable.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
But people who used to be left wing are now considered right wing. No one who is right wing is ever considered left wing. Doesn't that reveal something?
I may not know what you mean, but...John McCain?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I wouldn't say people consider him left wing. He was right wing on everything except the border.
Pretty much proves my point.
How so? I can tell you multiple things I agree more with the left than right on.

Edit: to name a few--climate change/environmentalism, abortion, the surveillance state, being anti-war, and even regarding big business. Now, I'm not in lockstep with the left on all of these things, but they're all places I think both parties need to work together on.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Aren't classical liberals now considered conservative? Therefore the center has shifted left. So I don't see how moderate could mean right wing at this time.

Pigdango

Donator
Aren't classical liberals now considered conservative? Therefore the center has shifted left. So I don't see how moderate could mean right wing at this time.
I honestly don’t know the answer to your question. I don’t know what a classical liberal is and I don’t know any former liberals who are considered conservatives, other than Trump. But you’ll find quite a few conservatives who were calling Trump a liberal back in 2016. Trump is probably the best example of what I’m talking about, besides my own personal experience of course. You know how many times I’ve been called a liberal on this very message board? And my liberal relatives think I’m pretty much the second coming of satan. They’re right, of course.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I honestly don’t know the answer to your question. I don’t know what a classical liberal is and I don’t know any former liberals who are considered conservatives, other than Trump. But you’ll find quite a few conservatives who were calling Trump a liberal back in 2016. Trump is probably the best example of what I’m talking about, besides my own personal experience of course. You know how many times I’ve been called a liberal on this very message board? And my liberal relatives think I’m pretty much the second coming of satan. They’re right, of course.
To put it more simply, anyone who believes in freedom of speech is now considered right wing.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
That's cute. Amy Kolocovitch or however you spell it thinks she's got a shot at it too. Yay, more super liberal women!

Pigdango

Donator
I wouldn't say people consider him left wing. He was right wing on everything except the border.

How so? I can tell you multiple things I agree more with the left than right on.

Edit: to name a few--climate change/environmentalism, abortion, the surveillance state, being anti-war, and even regarding big business. Now, I'm not in lockstep with the left on all of these things, but they're all places I think both parties need to work together on.
McCain was also labeled left wing for voting down the Obamacare repeal. Shit, aren’t there a whole group of people labeled “RINO’s”?!?!?!??!?? Maybe that’s JB’s point, but if so I don’t really get it.

And I think you misunderstood before - I didn’t say you were 100% in lockstep with Ann Coulter or whoever is the leader of conservatism at the moment, but I have seen you exhibit the “we can’t give an inch or negotiate or discuss anything ever” behavior - specifically regarding the bump stock ban.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
McCain was also labeled left wing for voting down the Obamacare repeal. Shit, aren’t there a whole group of people labeled “RINO’s”?!?!?!??!?? Maybe that’s JB’s point, but if so I don’t really get it.
Yeah, people are labeled RINOs (think of them more like Joe Manchin only on the right), but it's not because they're classically liberal. McCain was anything but.

And I think you misunderstood before - I didn’t say you were 100% in lockstep with Ann Coulter or whoever is the leader of conservatism at the moment, but I have seen you exhibit the “we can’t give an inch or negotiate or discuss anything ever” behavior - specifically regarding the bump stock ban.
Oh, okay. Yeah, I guess I did. I would note that it's not just for the 2nd Amendment that I'm like that though. I don't think we should give an inch to anyone wanting to put more restrictions on people. I generally want people to be able to live their lives how they see fit without government getting in the way of that.

Pigdango

Donator
To put it more simply, anyone who believes in freedom of speech is now considered right wing.
Oh I see. Yeah, that particular issue seems to have shifted a bit, as the churchy part of the conservative faction has lost a lot of its influence on censorship. But don’t forget it was Tipper Gore who speaheaded a lot of censorship long before that asshole got O&A fired and Janet Jackson popped her titty out. Speaking of, Clinton appointee Michael Powell was running the FCC during all of that. So I’m not sure free speech was ever something that was championed by liberals, at least not in the past several decades.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
So I’m not sure free speech was ever something that was championed by liberals, at least not in the past several decades.
It is by liberals in the classical definition, not liberals in the modern definition.

Bobobie

McCain was for McCain. More than likely, he wanted something out of the deal. His vote went to whoever offered more.

Floyd1977

And repeal and replace, but that was probably more due to fucking his constituents over being buttblasted by Trump.

Floyd1977

and I don’t know any former liberals who are considered conservatives, other than Trump.
I know there are people who like to try to stick it to conservatives (and not saying this is you) like Sandusky boy (whatever he calls himself now) by saying that trump was a lifelong liberal. I don’t think that’s true. He was a very vocal critic of democrat NYC mayor Ed Koch. He was a Reagan supported (Reagan, ironically the “Trump” of that era). He even once said when asked if he would ever run for president long ago and he said “no, because my ideas wouldn’t be popular” (something to that effect). Yeah he hob-nobbed with the liberal elite. He donated to the Clintons, but haven’t we established that when you do real estate and development on the scale he did in NY that donating to democrats is just cost of doing business. Did he make donations to D’Amato, Pataki, Guiliani as well?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
McCain was for McCain. More than likely, he wanted something out of the deal. His vote went to whoever offered more.
He was vindictive and just wanted to be the guy who helped sink Trump's Obamacare repeal.Its that simple. Fucking asshole. I won't miss him

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Can't wait.

Another dem senator. From Minnesota. Apparently, she don't take no guff.
The clown car's getting full. Better stuff her in the trunk.

Oh, and her Dorothy Hamill 'short and sassy' hairdo is terrible.