The 2020 Presidential Election!

lajikal

Hmmmm, I could be crazy but there actually could be a few liberals in Trump strongholds that would turn out for Warren. Doesn’t look like that shot was a very wide angle either. Show me a democrat candidate rally that rivals a Trump rally and then we’ll talk.
Well Trump in 'Neutral' Country.. his Yuge Opening Announcement Rally! :haha7: :action-sm

Pocahontas in Trump Country.. :haha7: :action-sm

Trump backers applaud Warren in heart of MAGA country

The liberal firebrand draws nods and even a few cheers on a trip through rural West Virginia.

05/11/2019

KERMIT, W. Va. — It was a startling spectacle in the heart of Trump country: At least a dozen supporters of the president — some wearing MAGA stickers — nodding their heads, at times even clapping, for liberal firebrand Elizabeth Warren.

The sighting alone of a Democratic presidential candidate in this town of fewer than 400 people — in a county where more than four in five voters cast their ballot for Trump in 2016 — was unusual. Warren’s team was apprehensive about how she’d be received.

About 150 people gathered at the Kermit Fire & Rescue Headquarters Station to hear the Massachusetts senator and former Harvard professor talk about what she wants to do to fight the opioid epidemic. Trump-supporting college students in baggy t-shirts, housewives in pearls, and the fire chief dressed in uniform joined liberal retirees wearing rainbow “Persist” shirts and teachers with six-figure student loan debt.

Kermit is one of the epicenters of the opioid addiction epidemic. The toll is visible. The community center is shuttered. Fire trucks are decades old. When Warren asked people at the beginning of the event to raise their hands if they knew somebody who’s been “caught in the grips of addiction,” most hands went up.

“That’s why I’m here today,” she said.

Warren entered the room from behind a large American flag draped in the station. Roving around a circle of people seated in fold-out chairs, she tried to strike a tone equal parts empathy and fury, while avoiding pity. She went full prarie populist, telling people their pain and suffering was caused by predatory pharmaceutical barons.

The 63-year-old fire chief, Wilburn “Tommy” Preece, warned Warren and her team beforehand that the area was “Trump country” and to not necessarily expect a friendly reception. But he also told her that the town would welcome anyone, of any party, who wanted to address the opioid crisis. Preece was the first responder to a reported overdose two years ago only to discover that the victim was his younger brother Timmy, who died.
Drumph is going down with the loss of those six voters.

lajikal

As Trump says.. NY is losing people.. (and moving to Florida).. Puerto Rico is also losing people.. (and moving to Florida).. And they vote somewhere between Democrat and Progressive.. :haha7:

Population boom could remake 2020 map
Growth surge ripples across key presidential states.

MIAMI — A handful of presidential battleground states experienced a population explosion over the past year, altering the landscape in at least three key states that stand to play a pivotal role in the 2020 election.

Those population shifts are poised to have a tangible impact in 2020 — with demographic shifts cementing Florida’s premier swing-state status, vaulting Arizona onto the list of 2020 swing states and perhaps putting Nevada further out of reach for President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign.

Both the year-over-year changes and the longer-term trends this decade point to a transformed electoral map in 2020 — shaped both by population shifts and the Trump-enhanced realignment that has come to define modern politics. The population shifts could have even more material impacts after 2020, when the decennial reapportionment process will remake the House of Representatives in 2022 and the Electoral College for the 2024 presidential election.

New Census Bureau estimates released Wednesday of the fastest-growing states between 2017 and 2018 report Nevada is roughly tied for first for the greatest population growth by percentage over the past year (with Idaho, at 2.1 percent). But right behind were Arizona — where Democrats won a Senate election last month for the first time since 1988 — at 1.7 percent, and Florida, which is already the nation’s largest swing state and grew at a 1.5-percent clip over the past year.

While Florida was fifth in growth rate, more U.S. residents moved there than to any other state over the past year. It has the third-highest population of 21 million, the second-highest number of total new residents and 132,000 residents who came from elsewhere in the country.

Put it all together and Florida is a political powder keg heading into 2020, according to outgoing state GOP chairman Blaise Ingoglia.

“More people means more campaigning, more money, more advertising, more of everything,” Ingoglia, a state representative, said.

lajikal

Florida is currently the largest Electoral College prize seriously contested by the two parties, 29 electoral votes, trailing only California (55 electoral votes) and Texas (38 electoral votes). And while those Electoral College numbers are fixed through the 2020 election, Florida is poised to become even more influential in the next decade.

According to a POLITICO analysis, Florida would pick up an additional House district if the end-of-decade reapportionment were conducted today, the new Census Bureau data suggest. But, if the current trends hold for the next two years, Florida could end up adding two seats instead of one, bringing it to 29 House districts beginning in 2022 — and 31 electoral votes starting in 2024.

The states that would gain House seats if reapportionment were held today are all in the South and West: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, Oregon and Texas, which would gain two seats. (Texas could end up with three more seats if it keeps growing rapidly over the next two years.) And the states that would lose seats — Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and West Virginia — form an almost-contiguous band that stretches from the Northeast through the Midwest.

As Trump says.. NY is losing people.. (and moving to Florida).. Puerto Rico is also losing people.. (and moving to Florida).. And they vote somewhere between Democrat and Progressive.. :haha7:

Population boom could remake 2020 map
Growth surge ripples across key presidential states.

MIAMI — A handful of presidential battleground states experienced a population explosion over the past year, altering the landscape in at least three key states that stand to play a pivotal role in the 2020 election.

Those population shifts are poised to have a tangible impact in 2020 — with demographic shifts cementing Florida’s premier swing-state status, vaulting Arizona onto the list of 2020 swing states and perhaps putting Nevada further out of reach for President Donald Trump’s reelection campaign.

Both the year-over-year changes and the longer-term trends this decade point to a transformed electoral map in 2020 — shaped both by population shifts and the Trump-enhanced realignment that has come to define modern politics. The population shifts could have even more material impacts after 2020, when the decennial reapportionment process will remake the House of Representatives in 2022 and the Electoral College for the 2024 presidential election.

New Census Bureau estimates released Wednesday of the fastest-growing states between 2017 and 2018 report Nevada is roughly tied for first for the greatest population growth by percentage over the past year (with Idaho, at 2.1 percent). But right behind were Arizona — where Democrats won a Senate election last month for the first time since 1988 — at 1.7 percent, and Florida, which is already the nation’s largest swing state and grew at a 1.5-percent clip over the past year.

While Florida was fifth in growth rate, more U.S. residents moved there than to any other state over the past year. It has the third-highest population of 21 million, the second-highest number of total new residents and 132,000 residents who came from elsewhere in the country.

Put it all together and Florida is a political powder keg heading into 2020, according to outgoing state GOP chairman Blaise Ingoglia.

“More people means more campaigning, more money, more advertising, more of everything,” Ingoglia, a state representative, said.
Didn't Florida just elect a Republican governor?

lajikal

Wow! Reds had won Florida Gubnor elections from 1998-2014 with an average margin of 6.6%!

The last one was won by only 0.4%! That's yuge for Dems!

It's been getting progressively worse for Reds..

2002 margin.. 12.8%
2006 margin.. 7.1%
2010 margin.. 1.2%
2014 margin.. 1.0%
2018 margin.. 0.4%

Oof.. :haha7:

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Wow! Reds had won Florida Gubnor elections from 1998-2014 with an average margin of 6.6%!

2002 margin.. 12.8%
2006 margin.. 7.1%
2010 margin.. 1.2%
2014 margin.. 1.0%
2018 margin.. 0.4%

It’s a shame you live 1500 miles away from Florida in a different country

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
No shit Sherlock. He did read her plan on her website right? :rolleyes: :haha7: :action-sm

HERE’S HOW WE’LL DO IT
States will receive the largest federal investment in teacher pay in history—enough to increase pay for nearly every teacher in America and entirely close the teacher pay gap.

• Under our plan, the average teacher in America will receive a $13,500 raise, the equivalent of a 23 percent increase in base pay.
  • The Department of Education will work with state education agencies to set a base salary goal for beginning teachers in every state. The goal will account for the average salary earned by similarly educated professionals in the state starting out their careers. It will also increase based on years in the classroom and advanced qualifications to keep up with higher wages earned by similarly experienced professionals. Under our plan, states and school districts will increase every teacher’s salary until, at a minimum, they meet the goal.
  • States, districts, and schools will be required to use funds to increase base teacher pay, not replace existing education funding.
  • Funding will allow states to fully close the 11 percent total compensation gap that accounts for benefits and the larger gap that exists when just comparing wages.
So basically one more massive federal entitlement program representing yet another huge expansion of government.

Hooray for FREE SHIT and big government!

Does Canada even have teachers, or do the kids just learn to paddle a birch bark canoe and skin a beaver by watching YouTube videos?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator

2002 margin.. 12.8%
2006 margin.. 7.1%
2010 margin.. 1.2%
2014 margin.. 1.0%
2018 margin.. 0.4%

Prediction?

domelogic

NY is losing people.. (and moving to Florida).. Puerto Rico is also losing people.. (and moving to Florida).. And they vote somewhere between Democrat and Progressive.. :haha7:

Let’s all applaud Dems moving somewhere to fuck it up. From ny to Florida, why did they move? From pr to Florida, why are they moving? From Cali to Texas, why are they moving? Those awesome Dems of Illinois are going to raise the yearly registration fee of electric cars to 1000 dollars. Can’t get them at the pump(raising the tax there as well), we get them elsewhere. Hooray for Dems or any idiot that just keeps spending. Btw I would love to hear how those pr people, who moved here, feel about their earnings going to illegals.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
So basically one more massive federal entitlement program representing yet another huge expansion of government.

Hooray for FREE SHIT and big government!
And you know that a plan like that will never work. The money will get diverted and the teachers won't get those raises. If the Dems got power and passed it some minority will cry louder and the money will go there instead.

Creasy Bear

Donator
And you know that a plan like that will never work. The money will get diverted and the teachers won't get those raises. If the Dems got power and passed it some minority will cry louder and the money will go there instead.
That, and it will be a weapon the Feds will use to threaten and control school boards.

Don't meet the diversity requirements? No money love from Uncle Sugar.

Creasy Bear

Donator
During the winter, Florida swells with Canadadians. He probably gets daily updates from Mom & Dad during those long months of having to make his own Hot Pockets.
There was a kooky Canadian lady on the river cruise I was just on in Europe.

She said that Canadians were no longer going to go to Florida because of Trump. She said they were going to Mexico and Belize instead.

I, quite literally, laughed in her face.

Oh, and then a few minutes later she talked about how they had a winter home condo in Apollo Beach.

When I gave her the "Nigga please" look and rolled my eyes, she explained that she couldn't go to Mexico or Belize because, and I quote, "I have cats."

Why are Canadians so retarded?

@lajikal? Comment?

Prediction?

Creasy Bear

Donator
No shit Sherlock. He did read her plan on her website right? :rolleyes: :haha7: :action-sm

HERE’S HOW WE’LL DO IT
States will receive the largest federal investment in teacher pay in history—enough to increase pay for nearly every teacher in America and entirely close the teacher pay gap.

• Under our plan, the average teacher in America will receive a $13,500 raise, the equivalent of a 23 percent increase in base pay.
  • The Department of Education will work with state education agencies to set a base salary goal for beginning teachers in every state. The goal will account for the average salary earned by similarly educated professionals in the state starting out their careers. It will also increase based on years in the classroom and advanced qualifications to keep up with higher wages earned by similarly experienced professionals. Under our plan, states and school districts will increase every teacher’s salary until, at a minimum, they meet the goal.
  • States, districts, and schools will be required to use funds to increase base teacher pay, not replace existing education funding.
  • Funding will allow states to fully close the 11 percent total compensation gap that accounts for benefits and the larger gap that exists when just comparing wages.
Meanwhile, in the real world, The Orange God King continues to grace us with winnings.

Trump to pull feds out of K-12 education
President Trump signed an executive order Wednesday to start pulling the federal government out of K-12 education, following through on a campaign promise to return school control to state and local officials.

The order, dubbed the “Education Federalism Executive Order,” will launch a 300-day review of Obama-era regulations and guidance for school districts and directs Education Secretary Betsy DeVos to modify or repeal measures she deems an overreach by the federal government.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/26/donald-trump-pull-feds-out-k-12-education/
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/26/donald-trump-pull-feds-out-k-12-education/

Winding up for another brutal dick punch to Obama's legacy.

Has there been an education initiative by the Federal Government implemented that the Democrats haven't totally fucked up yet? Wiki-Kal can you check for me?

Southtown

Let’s all applaud Dems moving somewhere to fuck it up. From ny to Florida, why did they move? From pr to Florida, why are they moving? From Cali to Texas, why are they moving? Those awesome Dems of Illinois are going to raise the yearly registration fee of electric cars to 1000 dollars. Can’t get them at the pump(raising the tax there as well), we get them elsewhere. Hooray for Dems or any idiot that just keeps spending. Btw I would love to hear how those pr people, who moved here, feel about their earnings going to illegals.

I live in the Orlando area and after that hurricane when all the PRs were streaming in here, I read that the Dems were right there to get them food,shelter and all that jazz, which isnt a bad thing I guess, but the thing they were doing that just showed me what pieces of shit panderers they were, was they while they were helping them with food,clothing,shelter,etc, they also got them to register to vote. Now why in such a time of need for these people who are fleeing their devastated country would they even think, or want to do that. You would think the last thing on a Ricans mind after they and their families just lost everything they had back home, not knowing where their next meal might come from, would be "Gee, I just lost everything I had, I wonder where I go to register to vote". But there were the dems with their oh look at us caring about you, dont forget to vote for us bullshit. They pretend like they give a shit and have compassion for these people, but all they are is a vote to them

There was a kooky Canadian lady on the river cruise I was just on in Europe.

She said that Canadians were no longer going to go to Florida because of Trump. She said they were going to Mexico and Belize instead.

I, quite literally, laughed in her face.

Oh, and then a few minutes later she talked about how they had a winter home condo in Apollo Beach.

When I gave her the "Nigga please" look and rolled my eyes, she explained that she couldn't go to Mexico or Belize because, and I quote, "I have cats."

Why are Canadians so retarded?

@lajikal? Comment?

Prediction?
Why are Canadians so afraid of Trump? Are they scared to see what a real leader looks like? Are they concerned they might catch a glimpse of his plain socked feet? I am curious.

mascan42

Has there been an education initiative by the Federal Government implemented that the Democrats haven't totally fucked up yet? Wiki-Kal can you check for me?
To be fair, No Child Left Behind was as much a shitstorm as Common Core. The Dems don't have a monopoly on stupid ideas for the education system.