The 2020 Presidential Election!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
An illegal immigrant would need an ID to purchase alcohol or drive a car, so why shouldn’t they need one to vote?

A gun used by an irrational person can be used to kill, but a politician elected by irrational people can kill millions.
I said that, but apparently I’m “out of touch with reality”

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Why is the leftist reality always the exact, 180 degree opposite, of the leftist narrative?

They want you to believe they're supported by the "grass roots" donations of the "mom and pops" they represent, and they won't take filthy corporate "dark money" and they want "transparency" in campaign financing.

Meanwhile, they're swimming in shady corporate dark money and sketchy backdoor PAC donations, and they're own constituents don't want to give them a dime, and their finances are about as clear as mud.

All that while the Sally Housecoats and Joe Meatballs are throwing ten and twenties at Trump for all the world to see like it's a ticker tape parade.

It's incredible how bassackwards the leftist world truly is.

THE FEZ MAN

Why is the leftist reality always the exact, 180 degree opposite, of the leftist narrative?

They want you to believe they're supported by the "grass roots" donations of the "mom and pops" they represent, and they won't take filthy corporate "dark money" and they want "transparency" in campaign financing.

Meanwhile, they're swimming in shady corporate dark money and sketchy backdoor PAC donations, and they're own constituents don't want to give them a dime, and their finances are about as clear as mud.

All that while the Sally Housecoats and Joe Meatballs are throwing ten and twenties at Trump for all the world to see like it's a ticker tape parade.

My absolute favorite is when they say “trump supporters are so stupid they don’t know what’s good for them” because trump supporters understand that “free shit” has to come from somewhere

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator

What happened over the last 10-20 years to the left? I assume the left and and right were always equally corrupt, maybe the left slightly more. Recently, they have gone crazy. Why? Did they get greedy? Were they sick of winning only half the elections and wanted them all?

Or has the standard of living risen so high lately, they have no choice but to invent things so they can compete with the right? And once you go down that road, it all turns to lies?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Politics really is as simple as this...

Whichever political side is most sanctimonious, don't be on that side.

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
Politics really is as simple as this...

Whichever political side is most sanctimonious, don't be on that side.
The Republicans got dangerously close to being "that side" back during the Reagan, "moral majority", Tipper Gore's warning labels days, but then they did a pretty effective job of walking it back to the center.

Then the Democrats took the sanctimonious ball from them on the 50 yard line, and they've been sprinting full tilt towards the identity politics endzone ever since.

Opie&JimmyShow

Donator
The Republicans got dangerously close to being "that side" back during the Reagan, "moral majority", Tipper Gore's warning labels days, but then they did a pretty effective job of walking it back to the center.

Then the Democrats took the sanctimonious ball from them on the 50 yard line, and they've been sprinting full tilt towards the identity politics endzone ever since.
As a Republican I never cared for the indignation of the Moral Majority. They were another group that felt they knee better than everyone else. That being said, their hardline was driven in such a way that even if you didn't fully buy into their view point some things made you think twice.

Sent from your Mom's box.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
As a Republican I never cared for the indignation of the Moral Majority. They were another group that felt they knee better than everyone else. That being said, their hardline was driven in such a way that even if you didn't fully buy into their view point some things made you think twice.

Sent from your Mom's box.
And at least it came from a good place. They weren't trying to fundamentally change our culture.

THE FEZ MAN

And at least it came from a good place. They weren't trying to fundamentally change our culture.
I don’t know about that, I lived through a good bit of that and the religious right did a lot of damage in those 10 years

Fred West

What is the deal with Iowa, New Hampshire, South Cakilaki being first on the primary trail and New York, Cali and Texas being much later? Never understood, why not all on one day?

domelogic

What is the deal with Iowa, New Hampshire, South Cakilaki being first on the primary trail and New York, Cali and Texas being much later? Never understood, why not all on one day?

I think the primaries are all about the states. General elections all on the same day. They need their spotlight maaaannn. I have no idea

THE FEZ MAN

And why so early?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I think it's mostly just State quirks, but I know Iowa's early because the 1968 DNC convention protests resulted in Democrats wanting to spread out their schedule.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The reason they are so early is that each state keeps backing theirs up so they can be more "important" and get more national spotlight. The theory being that the more important you are to the election, the more your state's needs will be met.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
The reason they are so early is that each state keeps backing theirs up so they can be more "important" and get more national spotlight. The theory being that the more important you are to the election, the more your state's needs will be met.
Hence why all the Dems embarrassing themselves at the Iowa State Fair.