The 32 Greatest Unscripted Movie Scenes

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
Came across this on Imgur. Obviously can't post them all, but here's the link:
http://imgur.com/a/vDCPO?gallery

You're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

Jaws (1975) Director - Steven Spielberg While chumming the waters in an attempt to lure the deadly great white shark within range, Police Chief Brody (Roy Scheider) gets his first look at exactly how massive the killer shark truly is. Stunned, startled and filled with fear he stands up and utters the now famous line to Orca Captain Quint (Robert Shaw) completely off-script, "You're going to need a bigger boat.” Turns out, he was right.​
Here's Looking at You Kid

Casablanca (1942) Director - Michael Curtiz The scene of Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) putting Ilsa Lund (Ingrid Bergman) and Victor Laszlo (Paul Henreid) on a plane bound for America with the help of Captain Louis Renault (Claude Rains) is chock full of memorable lines but the line listed as 5th in AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes wasn't even part of the original script. According to reports, Bogart said the phrase "Here's looking at you kid" multiple times to Bergman while teaching her to play poker between takes.​
The Sneeze

Annie Hall (1977) Director - Woody Allen Neurotic Jewish comedian Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) is at a party when his friend passes him a small tin filled with cocaine. As Alvy takes the tin in his hands he has a violent sneeze - sending white powder everywhere. The surrounding actors’ uncontrollable laughter was spontaneous and genuine and Allen decided to leave it in the final cut of the film after it tested well with audiences. So one of the most famous sneezes in cinema history was never actually intended to be part of the final film - it actually occurred during a scene rehearsal.​
Here's Johnny!

The Shining (1980) Director - Stanley Kubrick Wendy Torrance (Shelley Duval) and her son Danny (Danny Lloyd) hide from the deranged novelist Jack Torrance (Jack Nicholson) in a hotel bathroom. As Jack begins chopping through the door with a fire axe and sticks his face into the splintered opening, he utters a phrase previously made popular by Ed McMahon on The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson - "Here's Johnny!" The line was not part of Kubrick's original screenplay and was improvised by Nicholson.​
Singing in the Rain

A Clockwork Orange (1971) Director - Stanley Kubrick Alex (Malcolm McDowell) breaks into a happy song as he and his "droogs" perform a bit of "ultra-violence" and ****. Reportedly Kubrick filmed this scene several times and wasn't happy with it each time - until he told McDowell to just "do anything he wanted". McDowell decided to belt out "Singing in the Rain" and Kubrick was so pleased with how much better the scene became that he acquired the rights to use the song immediately.​
Slow Clapping

The Dark Knight (2008) Director - Christopher Nolan As the Joker (Heath Ledger) waits quietly alone in jail after having been arrested by Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman), Mayor Garcia (Nestor Carbonell) shows up to look over Gotham's latest scourge. While there he also promotes Gordon to the position of Commissioner. As the officers in the room applaud the announcement Ledger begins, unscripted, to slowly clap - never changing his facial expression. It was just a simple improvisation but one that was unsettling and darkly brilliant.​
Hsssss!

The Silence of the Lambs (1991) Director - Jonathan Demme The famous "hssssss" sound made by Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) during his story about eating a liver with "fava beans and a nice Chianti" to FBI agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) wasn't in the original script. Apparently it was something Hopkins did during rehearsals to creep out Foster - and Demme decided leaving it in was the best way to creep out his audience too.​
Drill Sergeant

Full Metal Jacket (1987) Director - Stanley Kubrick Originally, R. Lee Ermey wasn't even cast in the role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman but after Ermey submitted a tape of himself spewing insults at group of Royal Marines for 15 minutes straight, Kubrick cast him immediately Ermey wrote 150 pages of insults and Kubrick estimated that 50% of the character’s dialog was improvised by the former drill instructor.​

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
There are a couple of scenes that I always thought were improvised just because of how natural the laughs sounded.

Start at :30

Start at 1:30

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
There are a couple of scenes that I always thought were improvised just because of how natural the laughs sounded.
That's why I love Curb Your Enthusiasm. I saw an interview with Cheryl Hines (played Larry's wife) and she said pretty much the whole episodes were improvised, there was no "script," only plot outlines and they winged it. You can tell when the characters laugh that they're laughing for reals.

And Bill Murray is notorious for adlibbing in his movies.

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
Michael Madsen ear scene rules, he should have played Vincent Vega in Pulp fiction

Dikbag

Dec 11, 2004
NW Ohio
He couldn't play his own brother, that would be silly.

had to do some googling to decode this, I was not aware Madsen's charecter in Resivor dogs was named Vega, How is it know he is Vincent's brother?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
had to do some googling to decode this, I was not aware Madsen's charecter in Resivor dogs was named Vega, How is it know he is Vincent's brother?
Quentin said so. He was going to do a Vega Brothers movie but the actors got too old.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Whatever, Travolta sucked a dick in that role, Madsen would have been perfect.
Yeah, thats why it led to the resurgence of his career. If you are going to make nonsensical comments at least throw a winky face in there.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle