The 7 Least-Faithful Comic Book Movies

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
No League of ExtraOrdinary Gentlemen? No Punisher? No Fantastric Four?

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
The Hulk invented the picture in picture technique? Um, excuse me a certain television show called 24 did it first...and better I might add.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
come on, you knew Batman & Robin would be #1. it will forever be known as the worst, most unfaithful comic book adaptation ever. X3 was bad for cannibalizing the Pheonix story, killing off several major characters, and pretty much negating the entire film in the last second of the final scene, but nothing ever comes near to a grunting monosyllabic Bane, an pun-spewing blue-skinned Scwarzenegger, a shitload of neon lighting, and of course the damn Bat-nipples.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
X3 is bad, made worse by how much I liked the first two, but Batman and Robin is far less faithful to the source material. Batman and Robin just wasn't as big of a dissappointment.

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
come on, you knew Batman & Robin would be #1. it will forever be known as the worst, most unfaithful comic book adaptation ever. X3 was bad for cannibalizing the Pheonix story, killing off several major characters, and pretty much negating the entire film in the last second of the final scene, but nothing ever comes near to a grunting monosyllabic Bane, an pun-spewing blue-skinned Scwarzenegger, a shitload of neon lighting, and of course the damn Bat-nipples.
I gotta agree. That had to be the worst. I still remember hearing that Patrick Stewart was originally picked for Mr. Freeze to portray the cold, unfeeling person he could play which he proved he could do with his character "Locutus" from Star Trek. He ended up getting bumped by Arnold and it got rewritten so Freeze had all these corny one-liners.
The worst had to be Bane, one of my favorite Batman villians next to the Joker. In the comics he was a criminal mastermind who used Venom to boost up his strength. Even the cartoon portayed him well. In this debacle they just had him around as dumb muscle.
If I was putting it together, I'd ditch Batgirl(who needs her!) and kept Stewart as Freeze and had Arnold as Bane. Freeze could stay the same, cold-hearted vilian that Stewart can play and Arnold could play the muscle mastermind that Bane was in the comics. And in doing so make Bane the main villian giving Arnold top billing. That's a no brainer!
But what do I know......

Thanks Joel for setting back comic book movies for a number of years....

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Alicia Silverstone (Fatgirl) was such a mess in that movie, getting the jump on Robin? It's fucking Robin. And that 20 minute race sequence that probably cost as much as 3 movies? Rubber lips to stop Poison Ivy? Alfred's three-letter password that held all the secrets to the Batman? The Bat Credit Card.

It only makes sense if you accept that Joel filmed a feature version of the 1960s Batman series. Uma was hot though.

Xyn

3 letters, 0 meaning
Mar 3, 2005
California
Thanks Joel for setting back comic book movies for a number of years....
Only a few years. I think the streak of good super hero movies started with X-men. He just set the Batman franchise back a few years.

Now Batman is the only franchise that hasn't shit the bed. I'd have never thought that's how it would end up back in 2004.

T

The LEGEND

Hi mi name is Hamad From Saudi Arabia praised from the age 20[snt] I is the loved cinema American a lot is accepts me friend punching of languages English not good ample make understand me

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Only a few years. I think the streak of good super hero movies started with X-men. He just set the Batman franchise back a few years.

Now Batman is the only franchise that hasn't shit the bed. I'd have never thought that's how it would end up back in 2004.
Actually it was "Blade" that brought the comic book heroes back. After the success of the first two Blade movies, X-men got the green light to shoot.

The last few years of comic book movies have been less than spectacular but with the upcoming Batman and Iron Man movies on the way it certainly is not on the downward spiral.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
X3 was bad, but no where near as bad as anything on that list.

I'm still pissed about what they did to The Mask. They forget to add that Big Head was always dodging bullets in the movie. In the comic he just let holes get blown through him and heal.