The answer to the O&A show question you've been wondering is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
...that we the staff of Wackbag.com have decided a long time ago that the personal lives of the staff of the Opie and Anthony show are none of our business, and remain none of our business today.

If you are looking for speculation, comments, jokes, theories, etc; please seek them elsewhere.

You may call that censorship, over-moderation, excessive, unfair, etc., but the fact of the matter is that we, the owners and staff of this board do not want that discussion to take place here. This is what you agreed to when you signed up - to 'play by our rules'

This is an Opie and Anthony Show fan-site, not an "Opie and Anthony as individuals" discussion site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please keep step 6 in mind:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="400" height="345" align="middle"><param name="movie" value="http://www.videojug.com/film/player?id=69ab804d-9b3c-714c-30d7-ff0008ca4067" /><embed src="http://www.videojug.com/film/player?id=69ab804d-9b3c-714c-30d7-ff0008ca4067" quality="high" width="400" height="345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum">How To Behave On An Internet Forum</a>

Plunkies

Does this mean we can't talk about Jimmy and Anthony's budding relationship? I think as fans it's best to support them in their new alternative life style rather than sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
:clap:

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Does this mean we can't talk about Jimmy and Anthony's budding relationship? I think as fans it's best to support them in their new alternative life style rather than sweeping it under the rug and pretending it doesn't exist.
QFT

i'm willing to leave most things alone but something as hot as this MUST be discussed!!!!

silentbob8201

Why do i want to watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy all of the sudden?

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Why do i want to watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy all of the sudden?
Because it says "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters right there on the cover.

Standby

Better Than [you]
Wackbag Staff
Oh the irony of the video addressing derailing a thread, when it's happened not 3 posts later...

Take it away, wavy guy...

:action-sm

Now back to my Murder Simulator II game...

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
I think this is a hard thing to define.

What are we supposed to do when Ant spends an hour talking about his ex-wife or Erock talks about his health? Shut down the listening thread?

TheSqueakyWheel

So we can not discuss some things that are discussed on a national radio show?

Uh, ok. I get it

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
...that we the staff of Wackbag.com have decided a long time ago that the personal lives of the staff of the Opie and Anthony show are none of our business, and remain none of our business today.

If you are looking for speculation, comments, jokes, theories, etc; please seek them elsewhere.

You may call that censorship, over-moderation, excessive, unfair, etc., but the fact of the matter is that we, the owners and staff of this board do not want that discussion to take place here. This is what you agreed to when you signed up - to 'play by our rules'

This is an Opie and Anthony Show fan-site, not an "Opie and Anthony as individuals" discussion site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please keep step 6 in mind:
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="400" height="345" align="middle"><param name="movie" value="http://www.videojug.com/film/player?id=69ab804d-9b3c-714c-30d7-ff0008ca4067" /><embed src="http://www.videojug.com/film/player?id=69ab804d-9b3c-714c-30d7-ff0008ca4067" quality="high" width="400" height="345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-behave-on-an-internet-forum">How To Behave On An Internet Forum</a>
I couldn't agree more.. Which is why I love posting here.. If someone wants to bring something up on air, that's one thing. But, any personal information a fan might know about a show member, should be kept quiet, out of respect.

zagman76

Wackbag Staff

What are we supposed to do when Ant spends an hour talking about his ex-wife or Erock talks about his health? Shut down the listening thread?
So we can not discuss some things that are discussed on a national radio show?

Uh, ok. I get it
You have your answer right there. A throw-away innuendo here and there, and a few uncomfortable moments is not "being talked about on the air'

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek

I think what was meant by the original post was: Any personal info about a show member that is PRIVATE, is meant to be kept PRIVATE. If something is mentioned on air, then I believe you can discuss what was discussed on the show, make jokes, and so forth. Am I correct??

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Case in point - as I type this Ant is talking on the replay about his relationship ending.

It should follow the same rules as the First Amendment protections for satire - when you're a public figure, you're open to people talking.

mattiew23m

Nice Head Deek
Ehh I believe you can discussed what was on the show. But, I am not a mod, so I have no idea. But, I think whatever a show member makes public ON THE SHOW, is allowed to be discussed..

TheSqueakyWheel

So is this topic out of bounds because it is too personal (Even though Ant is talking about it in detail for awhile on a NATIONAL show)

Or, lets be honest, it is out of bounds because the mods do not want to risk upsetting Ant? Or maybe someon efrom the show asked offline to keep it off the table... If that is the case, that is cool, but at least be honest about it, that's all.

zagman76

Wackbag Staff
Yeah - I hadn't heard the 1st 1/2 hour of the show when I posted this.

However, generally speaking, what I said in the 1st post goes. It doesn't matter if it's Ant, Op, jimmy, Erock, Steve, etc.

Don't claim any 1st amendment rights, since that only protects the individual from the Government making laws to stifle speech. Also, until you pay the server bills, you have no say in what decisions are made here ;p :D

-edit- In addition, it is still my opinion that it is none of our business, even though it was brought up on the show.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
So is this topic out of bounds because it is too personal (Even though Ant is talking about it in detail for awhile on a NATIONAL show)

Or, lets be honest, it is out of bounds because the mods do not want to risk upsetting Ant? Or maybe someon efrom the show asked offline to keep it off the table... If that is the case, that is cool, but at least be honest about it, that's all.
We have NEVER discussed any of the show members personal lives in detail. If you don't like this rule, then you can take your snide little comments and leave. This has ALWAYS been the rule and it will ALWAYS be.

TheSqueakyWheel

You have your answer right there. A throw-away innuendo here and there, and a few uncomfortable moments is not "being talked about on the air'
See, I disagree. It was hardly innuendo for a whole break, and talking about moving out, the "Prisoner" exchange and going into great detail about how long they dated, the circumstance, etc.

I am no mod, so in the end, not my choice, I get that, but just my two (worthless) cents :)

Natas

Aids free
the show still rocks, that's all I care about

TheSqueakyWheel

We have NEVER discussed any of the show members personal lives in detail. If you don't like this rule, then you can take your snide little comments and leave. This has ALWAYS been the rule and it will ALWAYS be.
I am sorry if it comes off snide... Not my intent at all (Sometimes tone is misinterpreted online). I am not one of those guys who bitches about Wackbag... Love the 'bag.

But since this thread was allowing us to discuss the rule, I was just expressing my opinion... which I understand is about worthless and that I am NOT a mod. I understand.

Not trying to be a smart-ass. Sorry if it came off that way. I just disagree with the decision, but in the end, it is not up to me and I undersatnd that.

Hey, I appreciate the thread explaining the Mods' position though. Cooler than other boards who would hide.

zagman76

Wackbag Staff
See, I disagree. It was hardly innuendo for a whole break, and talking about moving out, the "Prisoner" exchange and going into great detail about how long they dated, the circumstance, etc.

I am no mod, so in the end, not my choice, I get that, but just my two (worthless) cents :)
Before attacking my post (the 2nd one) - please re-read it sir :p (edit: err - 3rd post)

Before this morning, it was only innuendo/throw away uncomfortable moments.

TheSqueakyWheel

Before attacking my post (the 2nd one) - please re-read it sir :p

Before this morning, it was only innuendo/throw away uncomfortable moments.
Completely agree, and you will see I never posted one thing about this issue before this morning's show... I was refering to this morning, not before.... Absolutely, your point about the hints before this morning is spot on. Sorry, I misunderstood.

zagman76

Wackbag Staff
Completely agree, and you will see I never posted one thing about this issue before this morning's show... I was refering to this morning, not before.... Absolutely, your point about the hints before this morning is spot on. Sorry, I misunderstood.
It's all good :)

I'm still trying to get the shoe-laces down after sticking my foot in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom