LT The Anthony Cumia Show: 6/15 - 6/18

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
I've kinda been waiting for Ant's input on this one...

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I've kinda been waiting for Ant's input on this one...
I'm not listening at the moment, but I assume you're talking about the Rachel Dozeal story, right? I completely agree, it's a perfect story for AntH to talk race and still keep it funny because of how batshit insane she is.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I'm not listening at the moment, but I assume you're talking about the Rachel Dozeal story, right? I completely agree, it's a perfect story for AntH to talk race and still keep it funny because of how batshit insane she is.

Bobobie

Deep discount. Since the start of the internet, every company that had shark in the name or used it for it's logo has been nothing but trouble.

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I've been reading Reddit (my first mistake) and they've really turned on Anthony. It's amazing how powerful groupthink is. Yes, Ant's show has taken a bit of a nosedive and has become a bit repetitive, but the level of hate is shocking, like they're trying to one up each other and prove to each other they have the same opinions. Dissenting opinions are downvoted into oblivion. What a weird place.

That being said, there are issues... That NYC studio is slowly turning into a MacGuffin. He needs it sooner rather than later before that no longer helps. Keith also seems really in over his head.

If Ant wants to build a network... He really needs to consider making the audio version of his show (and LOS and Gavin McGinnis) free to all... People who sub get the video feed and all the archives. If that happens, he opens up the subscriber/casual fan base and doesn't totally alienate the people who have paid to listen by giving them value. Front load the audio feed with spots. Maybe add a third live read. Make special broadcast paid sub only (Or VIP exclusive).

Otherwise, he's in a vacuum. He needs some kind of spark to really get back in people's good graces and make a name for himself. He needs true direction. That #StandWithAnt goodwill is dead.

I've been reading Reddit (my first mistake) and they've really turned on Anthony. It's amazing how powerful groupthink is. Yes, Ant's show has taken a bit of a nosedive and has become a bit repetitive, but the level of hate is shocking, like they're trying to one up each other and prove to each other they have the same opinions. Dissenting opinions are downvoted into oblivion. What a weird place.

That being said, there are issues... That NYC studio is slowly turning into a MacGuffin. He needs it sooner rather than later before that no longer helps. Keith also seems really in over his head.

If Ant wants to build a network... He really needs to consider making the audio version of his show (and LOS and Gavin McGinnis) free to all... People who sub get the video feed and all the archives. If that happens, he opens up the subscriber/casual fan base and doesn't totally alienate the people who have paid to listen by giving them value. Front load the audio feed with spots. Maybe add a third live read. Make special broadcast paid sub only (Or VIP exclusive).

Otherwise, he's in a vacuum. He needs some kind of spark to really get back in people's good graces and make a name for himself. He needs true direction. That #StandWithAnt goodwill is dead.
I'm still not sure if he can book enough "quality" guests 4 days a week. It's not like the O&A regular comics were coming in that often the last few years of the satellite show.

Hopefully their next move is to figure out the co-host(s) spot, the solo show is just tired.

lajikal

My only suggestion apart from the must co-host thing would be one-hour 5x a week. Quality over quantity.

louthree

Did he really do a 30 minute infomercial for dick cream, or was he doing a bit? I didn't hear it, but I read all the shit he's taking for doing it, whatever it was.

DiggerNick

Donator
Gavin's show was good. Although that chick was a bit of a dud. Not as bad as that one Ant had on who sang the songs, but a waste of time nonetheless.

And I loved how they ended with that video of Gavin ethering that dumb SJW cunt on his podcast. That's always good for a giggle.

louthree

Did he really do a 30 minute infomercial for dick cream, or was he doing a bit? I didn't hear it, but I read all the shit he's taking for doing it, whatever it was.
Never mind. Anthony himself answered the question this morning:
"The dick spray guy was not a paid spot. The story of his friend being murderer was supposed to be the bulk of the time. It went a tad sideways. Oh well. Sorry it came off like an infomercial. Won't happen again. But also, it hasn't in a year. My fault. Could have directed the conversation better. i am NOT starting a trend of infomercials. This is not part of a new direction. It was a mistake and bad show time management on my part. I do apologize."

louthree

Never mind. Anthony himself answered the question this morning:
OK. Is "somebody" lying? Keith the Cop sure sounds like it was a paid advertisement, or a free spot for a future sponsor..

After yesterday's show we received and reviewed all the feedback we received from social media and directly. Needless to say it was overwhelmingly negative regarding Promescent.
The discussions we had with the sales team regarding the product prior to the show we were hesitant going forward with it. While the product had been well received on other mediums its apparent it is not a fit for TACS. Anthony and I discussed it and have made the decision to end the advertising relationship w them prior to the campaign.
With so many positive things going on with the new NYC studio, adding shows to the network, the apps (yeah I know, "where is it") taking on a sponsor that brought us such negative feedback from the subscribers is not worth it at any price they were willing to pay.
Anthony will address it on today's show. But know that we do listen to the feedback and want to provide the best programming for each and every subscriber.
Thanks
KtC

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
OK. Is "somebody" lying? Keith the Cop sure sounds like it was a paid advertisement, or a free spot for a future sponsor..
I'm too lazy to type it out again, but this is what I think:

And here's AntH's first post about it:

Fred West

I'd imagine AntH's as nervous as he has been for some time.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Ok, that was a pretty fucking fantastic opening there.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
So The No-Backbone Kid let a sponsor take over the show yesterday? Good thing he's nipping it in the bud now before it turns into a bitter 20-year partnership.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Opie Cumia bitching about the haters tho

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Opie Cumia bitching about the haters tho
I have to say, they may have a point, but they're being a tad irrational about it.

Not defending Ant (He really needs to get out of a broadcasting rut), but God damn, groupthink is strong over at Reddit.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
So The No-Backbone Kid let a sponsor take over the show yesterday? Good thing he's nipping it in the bud now before it turns into a bitter 20-year partnership.
Yeah, that was ridiculous yesterday. A lot of the O&A hate is insane, but he earned it for that one.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
I have to say, they may have a point, but they're being a tad irrational about it.

Not defending Ant (He really needs to get out of a broadcasting rut), but God damn, groupthink is strong over at Reddit.
I don't know nor care what they're saying, but this first half-hour has just been a self-referential circle jerk. Zero actual content. Christ...

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
I don't know nor care what they're saying, but this first half-hour has just been a self-referential circle jerk. Zero actual content. Christ...
He's engaging his enraged audience who felt they were subjected to an infomercial. I guess it needed to be done.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
He's engaging his enraged audience who felt they were subjected to an infomercial. I guess it needed to be done.
I fell asleep in the middle of the show yesterday before whatever happened (not a slam on Anthony – I was up for about 30 hours straight). How bad was it?