The Anthony Cumia Show

Floyd1977

Norton says he was thinking of quitting 6 months into the XM show due to The Opster basically giving him the silent treatment.
This rings true to me. I recall early into the XM gig, Opie seeed to be often frustrated with Jimmy. I recall at the time he was sometimes throwing snarky comments his way (I kind of remember one where he accused Jimmy of not contributing). Then there was the huge fight they got into because Jimmy accused Opie of being rude to that comic guest they had on once.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
And yet I, who doesn't even believe in intellectual property, had to explain what a royalty was to you.
That's because you're an idiot. He fucking said 2u paid royalties to u2 to be able to play their music for money. How you didnt grasp that at glance is beyond me

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Intellectual property laws don't "protect" inventors or creators; they protect the IP owner, who is, quite often:
1. The first of several people with the same idea to make it to a patent office, giving them the exclusive right profit off that idea while locking the other inventors out of the profitable production of their own inventions. (E.g., all of the people who invented the telephone besides Alexander Graham Bell.)​
2. A bulk purchaser of IP, like Disney, or a publisher for whom a creator works, like Disney.​

In the realm of creators, let's use Batman as an example. Who created Batman? On the title page of every comic or movie featuring him, there appears in the opening credits the line, "Batman created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger."* But that's not really true. Bob Kane and Bill Finger were initial creators, obviously, but the Batman we see today was created just as much by later writers and artists, such as Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Paul Dini, Alan Moore, David Mazzucchelli, Brian Bolland, Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale, Bruce Timm, Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, just to name few. (And it is just a few; those are just the writers and pencillers, not even the inkers and colorists. And that's not even touching on the people who create the actual physical or digitized final product, who I would argue deserve as much compensation as the writers and artists.) Batman is essentially new American folklore, being in a constant state of creation by the hands of many people.

*Bob Kane created the name "Bat-Man" and Bill Finger create the look and name "Bruce Wayne". They created the rest together. For years, though, it was just, "Batman created by Bob Kane," and Bill Finger's estate had to fight for credit.

These people get compensated handsomely, of course (unlike the aforementioned printers and uploaders), but they just make a fraction of what DC itself (and above it, Warner Bros., WarnerMedia above that, and above that, as of June of this year, AT&T) makes, despite the fact that the legal entities known as "DC Comics" and the rest didn't do anything to create Batman then or now. They're entitled to nothing beyond what they invested, plus a risk premium. But because DC "owns" Batman, they (read: whoever is on the board of directors at the time) get to perpetually skim the profits generated by the labor of others: the writers, pencillers, inkers, colorists, print shop workers, digital distribution personnel, etc. If the entire production staff of all of the Batman titles from writer to printing press tech left to go make Batman comics independently, these creators and producers would be sued into oblivion, because DC "owns" Batman and therefore "owns" those comics that others produced with their own equipment and stock material. And if those comics featured appearances by other new folklore characters like Superman or Wonder Woman, they'd be sued for three times as much.

That's one character in one medium. That's not even mentioning all of the small moving parts that go into making a Justice League movie, the bulk of the profits of which go to DC and Warner Bros., which made nothing.

Property rights developed and evolved to deal with issues of scarcity whereas intellectual property relies on the state creating artificial scarcity. (And scarcity doesn't get much more artificial than limiting the creation of a folk story to one company or licensed group.) "Intellectual property", really meaning ideas and knowledge, aren't property at all and "protecting" them requires not only infringing on rights of actual, physical property to enforce (e.g., the independent-produced Batman comic. For an even more blatant example of this in the tech sector, look no further than the fact that no one can open a store dedicated to fixing Apple products without buying a license from Apple even if the store is openly advertised as being completely independent and unaffiliated with them and even though "Apple", like "DC", didn't really invent jack shit), but claiming the product of others' work as your own.

I started responding to another of your posts on this topic in another thread, but I think it makes more sense to respond to it here.

She's an IP lawyer for a pharmaceutical company!?! That's one of the most corrupt industries on Earth, and intellectual property laws are what prop it up; a huge chunk of the R&D goes into inventing and patenting redundant drugs to stop or slow the creation of cheap generic alternatives to expense brand-name drugs. What IP laws protect Big Pharma from is improvement, innovation, and competition.

So your argument for JoeH getting paid mad royalties is that he pays U2 for a license?
He never said joe got paid royalties. he said joe paid a royalty to be able to play u2 songs. Do you even know how to read what you quote or do you just assume and go for the argument?

Intellectual property laws don't "protect" inventors or creators; they protect the IP owner, who is, quite often:

She's an IP lawyer for a pharmaceutical company!?! That's one of the most corrupt industries on Earth, and intellectual property laws are what prop it up; a huge chunk of the R&D goes into inventing and patenting redundant drugs to stop or slow the creation of cheap generic alternatives to expense brand-name drugs. What IP laws protect Big Pharma from is improvement, innovation, and competition.
So, IP laws particularly in pharmaceutical companies are tools of the Globalists to keep the common man down?

Lord Zero

He never said joe got paid royalties. he said joe paid a royalty to be able to play u2 songs. Do you even know how to read what you quote or do you just assume and go for the argument?
Looking back through debate, I missed the continuation of U2 as a sub-debate. My bad, I apologize. That said, it doesn't change the main debate because @THE FEZ MAN, in defending U2 by pointing out that JoeH has to pay them money, completely destroyed his argument that Joe is successful. No only that, he actually made the argument he started out trying to rebut stronger. JoeH is a man is his late-50s to early-60s that pays money to pretend to be The Edge in front of a crowd — if you can even call it that — that couldn't give two shits about it. His position is worse than when he started.

Lord Zero

So, IP laws particularly in pharmaceutical companies are tools of the Globalists to keep the common man down?
Not "globalists", which doesn't really mean anything. Just your garden variety transnational corporate scumbags. Same old, same old.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Looking back through debate, I missed the continuation of U2 as a sub-debate. My bad, I apologize. That said, it doesn't change the main debate because @THE FEZ MAN, in defending U2 by pointing out that JoeH has to pay them money, completely destroyed his argument that Joe is successful. No only that, he actually made the argument he started out trying to rebut stronger. JoeH is a man is his late-50s to early-60s that pays money to pretend to be The Edge in front of a crowd — if you can even call it that — that couldn't give two shits about it. His position is worse than when he started.
Paid not pays. Iirc it was a one time payment to be play x songs and be offically endorsed by u2. Not that you need to be joe satriani, steve vai, or engwie malmsteem to be able to play u2 songs. 90% of them are either 1 or 2 chords played repeatedly thru a shit load of pedal effects. But joe was selling out stadiums in japan for several years which made him a good amount of money. The band easily made 3 or 4 million touring Asia and the south Pacific. I think they paid u2 like 1 or 200k so i think they got a good return on their investment. None of them ever have to hold a real job if they are smart with their money

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
Donator
Joeh's too fat to be the Edge. I can't get past that.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
No, and what I find absolutely HILARIOUS is that he spent all that time typing all that shit out thinking that I am sooooo stupid that I didn’t already know all of it, I actually figured it out, he’s in such a blind rage that I don’t work, and, I’m a millionaire, JUST LIKE ANTHONY, and JOE! now granted I’m only worth a few million and not tens of millions but, never the less, I am a millionaire, and ooooooo it eats at his ass like he wishes a 12 year old boy would do.

THE FEZ MAN

Not "globalists", which doesn't really mean anything. Just your garden variety transnational corporate scumbags. Same old, same old.
And you can thank those “corporate scumbags” for your ablity to spew your nonsense online.

Foggy

all mayo is actually my cum
Donator
No, and what I find absolutely HILARIOUS is that he spent all that time typing all that shit out thinking that I am sooooo stupid that I didn’t already know all of it, I actually figured it out, he’s in such a blind rage that I don’t work, and, I’m a millionaire, JUST LIKE ANTHONY, and JOE! now granted I’m only worth a few million and not tens of millions but, never the less, I am a millionaire, and ooooooo it eats at his ass like he wishes a 12 year old boy would do.
What's hilarious is that somewhere in the world, a millionaire who has grabbed life by the balls is actually defending Joe Cumia.

Not humiliating at all.

THE FEZ MAN

They invented the internet and provide free speech?
It’s all about the distribution, and if I were you I would use the words “free speech” a little more wisely, since there is no such thing in Australia and, a service provider can shut you right down if they feel like it

THE FEZ MAN

What's hilarious is that somewhere in the world, a millionaire who has grabbed life by the balls is actually defending Joe Cumia.

Not humiliating at all.
What’s humiliating is that you still live with your parents

Foggy

Donator
It’s all about the distribution, and if I were you I would use the words “free speech” a little more wisely, since there is no such thing in Australia and, a service provider can shut you right down if they feel like it
Yeah, keep defending the US as a haven of free speech in a thread about Antwan, the Islamic cleric who got fired from his radio job for expressing his freedom of speech. You fucking idiot. Also, how's free speech working out when it comes to Twitter and Facebook?

Hey maybe since your wife's such a genius, you should bring her in here and she can argue for you. You'd be better serving everybody with an apron on doing some baking.

What’s humiliating is that you still live with your parents
Now Joey, I told you I'm not -- oh it's still you.

THE FEZ MAN

Yeah, keep defending the US as a haven of free speech in a thread about Antwan, the Islamic cleric who got fired from his radio job for expressing his freedom of speech. You fucking idiot. Also, how's free speech working out when it comes to Twitter and Facebook?

Hey maybe since your wife's such a genius, you should bring her in here and she can argue for you. You'd be better serving everybody with an apron on doing some baking.

Now Joey, I told you I'm not -- oh it's still you.

Lol, did you just call me an idiot, then bring up Twitter and facebook? Bwaaaaahhhhhaaahhhahhhh

Just shut the fuck up

Foggy

Donator
Lol, did you just call me an idiot, then bring up Twitter and facebook? Bwaaaaahhhhhaaahhhahhhh

Just shut the fuck up
Doesn't sound like you're scrambling at all, retard.

THE FEZ MAN

Doesn't sound like you're scrambling at all, retard.
First, you have absolutely no idea what “freedom of speech is” subject of the crown.
Second, you and the other crybaby still haven’t explained what Joe and Anthony did that diserves the pointless vitriol you spew, other than “they suck” or “he fucks trannies”

Foggy

Donator
Second, you and the other crybaby still haven’t explained what Joe and Anthony did that diserves the pointless vitriol you spew, other than “they suck” or “he fucks trannies”
Speaking of free speech, wasn't Anthony the one who had anybody who mentioned the term "lobster girl" banned?

Hypocrisy's a good reason to dislike him. He runs a "free speech network" but has demonstrated that he would have it shut down when the tables are turned on him. He's a coward who couldn't confront Opie. He bites people. He abused a retard. He'd have sex with a 13 year old if he could get away with it. His skin looks like drying mortar. He's not funny or intelligent. His only friends in life are Big A and Bobo. He lets his useless brother leach off him like a parasite.

And so on and so forth. Oh and he's a total pussy, he handled the Bennington/Flahery situation like a cunt.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I genuinely hate to say this, but Foggy has a good point there. I recall very well AntH shitting all over anyone who mentioned lobster. The word itself was banned from the show for a while.

THE FEZ MAN

Speaking of free speech, wasn't Anthony the one who had anybody who mentioned the term "lobster girl" banned?

Hypocrisy's a good reason to dislike him. He runs a "free speech network" but has demonstrated that he would have it shut down when the tables are turned on him. He's a coward who couldn't confront Opie. He bites people. He abused a retard. He'd have sex with a 13 year old if he could get away with it. His skin looks like drying mortar. He's not funny or intelligent. His only friends in life are Big A and Bobo. He lets his useless brother leach off him like a parasite.

And so on and so forth. Oh and he's a total pussy, he handled the Bennington/Flahery situation like a cunt.
You bring a whole new meaning to the term crybaby cunt, you know that? And, once again, you don’t understand the concept of freedom of speech, you’re like a 9 year old that stands on the side walk and yells “it’s public property and freedom of speech ” right before the fat kid you’re tormenting punches you in the face. Then you go cry

Foggy

Donator
You bring a whole new meaning to the term crybaby cunt, you know that? And, once again, you don’t understand the concept of freedom of speech, you’re like a 9 year old that stands on the side walk and yells “it’s public property and freedom of speech ” right before the fat kid you’re tormenting punches you in the face. Then you go cry
Calm down and fetch me a tea, dear.