OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The armed forces want you!!...in Australia

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Dec 27, 2011.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/def...as/story-e6frfkvr-1226230933982#ixzz1hkAuJ4Kd

2. BIV

Love this from the comments section:

Kirk?

3. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Any mention of Chem-trails... etc?

4. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

Where do I sign up.

5. laspino

laspino I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok

It's not that odd really. The Aussies, Canadians, Brits and New Zealand military often 'poach' service members from each others army/navy/af. I think there's some sort of agreement where you can tack up to x years of service on. For example if you spent 5 years as a para commo guy in the Brit Army you'd get 5 years applied to your Aussie service when you begin there and so on. What's odd is that they'd go after Americans, something I've not seen before.

6. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

The US military recruits illegals.

7. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

Isn't this how Desmond made it to The Island?

Let me also throw in Gallipoli, Breaker Morant, and

8. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Good. I hope we see more of this, it would be nice to see good soldiers have some choices, instead of being stuck with just one option for a military career. Wanna send skilled, valuable soldiers on patrols in some Middle Eastern hellhole, to get blown up protecting civilians who hate them? Get ready to lose them as soon as their term is up.

But I doubt the US government will allow it, on any significant scale.

9. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Yes, there are illegals defending your miserable existence as we speak. What's your point?

10. KRSOne

KRSOne Registered User

Illegals have no allegiance to the constitution.

11. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

United States Armed Forces oath of enlistment

12. BIV

Silliness, see above. I think military service should be pushed as a way to earn citizenship.

13. VMS

VMS Victim of high standards and low personal skills.

As someone who's never served, I'm all for the Heinlein "Starship Troopers" solution: you don't get to vote unless you serve. But only after you've already finished your term of enlistment. And you don't get your commission until after you've served at least a little while as enlisted.

It's insanely impractical and unrealistic, but I really like the idea.

14. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

I don't vote anyway so deal.

15. jimmyslostchin

jimmyslostchin Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?

The Aussies aren't looking for IED fodder. The Aussie Navy is looking for personnel. Not too many submariners all bitter about being blown up in their convoys in Fallujah.

16. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

I like it too, in the context of a major war, like in the novel. But in today's America, that would be a bit much. There should be some kind of criteria that limits who gets to vote, but soldiers should be just one of the categories that qualify automatically. There should also be others, like taxpayers who pay above a certain level, cops, reservists, maybe even land and home owners.

It just doesn't make sense to me to allow everyone to have a say on how the government is run and organized, just because they dropped out of a cunt within our borders. I never once heard a single logical argument for that. Every argument is against dictatorships, not for democracy. A limited republic where only those who earned it get to vote is not a dictatorship. In fact, as far as I can see, it has all the benefits of our current system without the big drawback of the retard vote affecting the outcome.

17. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

[​IMG]
    When they start recruiting MFP Troopers, I'm in.

18. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

True. But I bet they all have a friend or two who was blown up that way. Might be bitter about that, I know I would be.

19. jimmyslostchin

jimmyslostchin Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?

Could be, but I think that might be a long shot too given who they're after. I don't know how the Navy is with promotions, but I think they'd rather go about it like they're doing it with England, and take sailors already slated to be laid off or downsized.

20. MayrMeninoCrash

MayrMeninoCrash Liberal Psycopath

And considering that both parties consist of turds and shit sandwiches that are all too eager to send soldiers into needless wars, does who actually votes really matter?

21. BIV

Add high school graduate too that list and I might agree.

22. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

I don't like this. There is a reason that Australians are not joining their own military. Whatever that reason, it clearly shows that the people do not approve of their own defense forces. By recruiting foreigners, it allows the military to keep doing what the people disapprove of AND it forces them to pay for it. Imagine if the U.S. military recruiting dropped really low because no one wanted to join and go fight ANOTHER war. Now imagine the powers that be decide we just have to fight ANOTHER war, so they recruit foreigners to do it on our dime. Wouldn't that be swell?

23. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

24. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

That's not what's going on. The Australians aren't looking to take just ANYBODY into their military. They're specifically looking for skilled personnel... mainly engineers and pilots. Engineers because a boom in the mining business in Australia has attracted skilled engineers away from the military. And fighter pilots because training fighter pilots is a long and expensive process, and it just makes good economic sense to recruit already trained pilots who are sitting idle in places like Britain as a result of military manpower cuts.

This isn't the Aussie version of the French Foreign Legion... they aren't looking to skim the dregs of foreign societies for cannon fodder to fill gaps in their ranks. They are looking for skilled people to keep their standing forces battle efficient. It makes perfect economic and military readiness and efficiency sense.

No Alex Jones conspiracy theories required.

25. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Ok, you may be correct there. I am not saying it is a big conspiracy, just that it could be a possibility that is not really that absurd and wouldn't even have to be covered up.