The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Robert Ford joins Jesse James's gang, only to become resentful of the legendary outlaw and hatch a plan to kill the fastest gun in the West.
Brad Pitt, Casey Affleck, Sam Rockwell, Zooey Deschanel- pretty major cast but it is long and has had a "troubled" production. I want to see it though.

Furtherman

Nov 4, 2005
I'm psyched for this movie. I've seen some good early reviews.

It seems more of a character piece than a straight forward typical shoot 'em up western. The cinematography looks awesome.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
The cinematography is awesome. But that was part of the problem with it being so damn long. You have these beautiful shots, like mountains, and fish swimming under a frozen lake, but they just slow it down. But I also hope that they didn't cut out too much. It's a slow movie but it works.

It was great when I saw it a while ago, I'm looking forward to seeing it again in the next couple weeks. The acting is top notch, and it's a really interesting story.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I saw it this weekend. Amazing. I didn't think it was too long, it was a bit slow but it was purposely that way and because of that it didn't feel like a problem. It's easily in my top 10 of the year. Fantastic score too.

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
Damn. Saw the thread title and I thought Sandra Bullock was single again.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
I definitely want to see this one.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I just wanted to alert people that it is now out on DVD. This movie is easily one of the best movies of the year (possibly top 3 with Blood and No Country) has probably stuck with me more than either of the other two.

It's unfortunate more people didn't get to see it on the big screen because it really benefits from the giant scope only a movie theater can offer. But I know a lot of you have giant systems at home and I cannot recommend this movie highly enough.

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
The title ruins the ending. :action-sm

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
I just watched it tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. Casey Affleck had an fantastic performance. Even Brad Pitt did a pretty decent job although the narrator sounded like Alec Baldwin doing The Royal Tennenbaums at times.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Finally got a chance to see this film recently, and I freakin LOVED it! Casey Affleck's acting was just so above par to most acting jobs I've seen in recent film, aside from a few, (including Day-Lewis in PT Anderson's "There Will Be Blood, some may say that's not a fair comparison because Affleck was in a supporting role and Lewis in a lead, but oh well), and Pitt did an amazing job as well. I also am in love with the original score, (Cave did an amazing job), and the visuals and cinematography were just beautiful as well. Highly recommended on this side, and now it's on DVD, so more people can check it out. Although, I saw it in the theaters. I find that the theaters for this film would probably just be a better experience for viewing the amazing visuals of this movie. I guess some could argue on the side of HDTVs, but it's just my:

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I've been impressed by Casey Affleck in everything I've seen him in. Looking forward to renting this and Gone Baby Gone.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
He impressed me in Gone Baby Gone...movie was shit but he was solid in it

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I finally got to see it....it was so fucking good, I don't know how it couldn't be in the top 3 of everybody's list. I can't stop thinking about it, it was fucking amazing. This movie is an instant classic.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I also am in love with the original score, (Cave did an amazing job),
I generally never like a score so much that I go out and get it. A soundtrack rarely but a score almost never. I got this one the same day I saw the movie. Haunting and beautiful I don't know how it didn't get a nomination for best score.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I generally never like a score so much that I go out and get it. A soundtrack rarely but a score almost never. I got this one the same day I saw the movie. Haunting and beautiful I don't know how it didn't get a nomination for best score.
QFT, I enjoyed this the most out of any score this year. Other notable ones are the scores for Into the Wild and There Will Be Blood, both very well done. Just an all around amazing year for film.