Movie The Batman - Pattinson/Reeves

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
New Batman Director Shares His Take on the DC Hero

"He is a tortured soul who is grappling with his past."
By Alex Gilyadov

The Batman
director Matt Reeves has hinted at what viewers can expect from his take on the Dark Knight.

In an interview with Los Angeles Daily News, Reeves explained that Batman was one of the two franchises he was most connected to as a child because he was fascinated with Batman's mortality and dark past. "What I find so interesting about him as a character is that, as far a superhero goes, he's not superhuman, he is a person," he said.

Reeves also discussed the struggles Batman must face in trying to make the world a better place, adding that "he is a tortured soul who is grappling with his past and trying to find a way to be in a world that has a lot that's wrong with it and trying to find a way to reconcile all of that."

Dylan Clark, a producer who worked with Reeves on the upcoming War for the Planet of the Apes as well as on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, is expected to join Reeves on The Batman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/02/new-batman-director-shares-on-his-take-on-the-dc-hero

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot in the Galaxy
New Batman Director Shares His Take on the DC Hero

By Alex Gilyadov

The Batman
director Matt Reeves has hinted at what viewers can expect from his take on the Dark Knight.

In an interview with Los Angeles Daily News, Reeves explained that Batman was one of the two franchises he was most connected to as a child because he was fascinated with Batman's mortality and dark past. "What I find so interesting about him as a character is that, as far a superhero goes, he's not superhuman, he is a person," he said.

Reeves also discussed the struggles Batman must face in trying to make the world a better place, adding that "he is a tortured soul who is grappling with his past and trying to find a way to be in a world that has a lot that's wrong with it and trying to find a way to reconcile all of that."

Dylan Clark, a producer who worked with Reeves on the upcoming War for the Planet of the Apes as well as on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, is expected to join Reeves on The Batman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/02/new-batman-director-shares-on-his-take-on-the-dc-hero
Wow! What a fresh original take on the character.

"What I find so interesting about him as a character is that, as far a superhero goes, he's not superhuman, he is a person," he said.
You know, fuck this. I am so tired of the "BATMAN IS JUST A PERZZON NOT A SUPERHERO" explanation. More than any live action incarnation of Batman before, Affleck Batman is more of a superhero than any other superhero they've presented. In like less than two hours he went toe to toe with Superman, did the Arkham fight, and was involved in the Doomsday fight and he barely seemed to need to catch his breath. Batman was the most indestructible character in that damn movie. Christ, Vision is more of a human than Batfleck.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
I can't wait to see his parents die for the thousandth time.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
That would make a great parody. Have an hour of famous duos being shot in an alley with the same kid watching. Easy to start with Jay & Silent Bob.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Looks like we've got our Penguin. Good choice...

LiddyRules

Looks like we've got our Penguin. Good choice...

Seems a bit young, but I don't hate it. I wonder how his theatricality will mesh with the Snyderverse.

DrewDown

All are welcome
I really hope they fill this movie with lots of villains, because that always works out well.

LiddyRules

I really hope they fill this movie with lots of villains, because that always works out well.
The Penguin is one of the few villains who can just be hanging out in Gotham. He doesn't need to be stopped or even be directly intimidating Batman. He can be a source of information or to give flair to the universe. That's how I want to see him used.

DrewDown

All are welcome
The Penguin is one of the few villains who can just be hanging out in Gotham. He doesn't need to be stopped or even be directly intimidating Batman. He can be a source of information or to give flair to the universe. That's how I want to see him used.
As long as he has penguin shaped cars, planes, and submarines, I'm in.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Seems a bit young, but I don't hate it. I wonder how his theatricality will mesh with the Snyderverse.
I thought that too, but turns out he's only 8 years younger than Affleck. I would have guessed he was like 30.

I thought that too, but since the majority of villains in these movies turn out to be lame anyway, why not have a Batman story where he has to take on a bunch of them? Like an Arkham movie.

DrewDown

All are welcome
I thought that too, but turns out he's only 8 years younger than Affleck. I would have guessed he was like 30.

I thought that too, but since the majority of villains in these movies turn out to be lame anyway, why not have a Batman story where he has to take on a bunch of them? Like an Arkham movie.
Like in Lego Batman, for example?

LiddyRules

He's younger than Gotham Penguin dude. But I'm okay with the casting. I can see him as not being the guy who hires Deadshot, but Batman's first suspect. Then Bats corners him at the Iceberg Lounge and he's like "Why would I waste the money? But you should talk to so and so." Or maybe he is the guy who hires Deadshot.

LiddyRules

Death Blade, not Deadshot.

BIV

Is he going to have an umbrella gun? Because he should.

Is he going to point his umbrella in the sky and then fly away on little helicopter blades that pop out? Because he should.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
So is this going to be another action movie or will we finally be getting a Batman film that's a detective movie that happens to have action in it, which is the most appropriate way to do and the one approach that we haven't seen in live action yet? That's one of the biggest reasons why the beloved Batman: The Animated Series still stands as the best adaptation of the character, because the World's Greatest Detective actually got to be the World's Greatest Detective — that and the creators understood that one of Bruce Wayne's biggest strengths and defining character traits is his incredible depth of compassion. And yet, these two vital ingredients of Batman are the two that most directors seem ignorant of and most willing to ignore.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I'd like The Riddler arc to go that way where he's semi-reformed and another detective which you don't necessarily trust.

BIV

So is this going to be another action movie or will we finally be getting a Batman film that's a detective movie that happens to have action in it, which is the most appropriate way to do and the one approach that we haven't seen in live action yet? That's one of the biggest reasons why the beloved Batman: The Animated Series still stands as the best adaptation of the character, because the World's Greatest Detective actually got to be the World's Greatest Detective — that and the creators understood that one of Bruce Wayne's biggest strengths and defining character traits is his incredible depth of compassion. And yet, these two vital ingredients of Batman are the two that most directors seem ignorant of and most willing to ignore.
God I love B:TAS

Last edited:

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
The Joker better sing a fucking song or two in this