OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The best reason to stop smoking

Discussion in 'Cool Internet Videos' started by mr. sin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mr. sin

mr. sin Registered User

2. phillyfranko

phillyfranko Registered User

nasty...raise cigs to $25 a pack...still cheaper than weed...keep smoking cigs a holes...

3. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

I've got no problem with the smokers. As long as they obey the law and keep it out of my face, I could give a shit. Morality taxes on cigarettes are bullshit... just more government money gouging and naughty behavior control policy.

If somebody wants to smoke themselves to death, what do you care? It's a myth that they cost you more healthcare dollars... because they tend to die quick and early and save society the expense of elder care(which is fuuuuuuucking expensive).

As far as concern for the health of smokers... yeah, you "I am my brother's keeper!" have fun with that. Me no care.

I've got plenty of Big Tobacco stock in my portfolio, so I say... Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

4. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

I say keep smoking, assholes.

Darwin racks up the wins.

5. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

Hey, they're both DEAD!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

6. jrsaint

jrsaint Registered User

gotta die of something, BTW I quit over 10 years ago and smokers don't bother me

7. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

me neither

8. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

The leading cause of death is life, maaaaaaaaaaaan.

I smoke. Don't care about the consequences. Later in life I probably will. So I'll quite.

9. BeerBelly

BeerBelly Banned

quite right quite right

10. Creasy Bear

Donator

I'm taking classes at a community college. I'm working on a degree on the technical end of healthcare, and unfortunately this puts me in contact with people who are going for degrees on the organic(human) end of healthcare... nurses. And nursing students, at least in this area, tend to big, fat sheboons or white trash broads who smoke.

The fucking smell is ungodly. Once a week I'm trapped for 3 hours in room that just reeks of cigarettes, white trash, and negro. The class is easy... a gimme, but I dread going to that class more than I dread my Finite Math class.

What the fuck levels of apathy do you have to sink to that you just don't care that you're walking around stinking like that? I mean... I know that you're immune to it, and you don't smell it, but you have to realize that you just reek... fucking repulsively stink.

I wake up after a night in a smokey bar and I want to kill myself for the stink. How the fuck do you live your whole life with that Pigpen cloud of stench on you? I just don't get it.

11. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Yep if you smoke, you stink.

Btw no smoking in the bars here. I can go out bar hopping all night and no stink (from cigarettes).

12. Creasy Bear

Donator

Same here. But I was in Vegas last month, and when I woke up after a night at the bar I took a 45 minute after-rape style shower and I sealed my reeking clothing in a plastic bag to await decontamination. I was tempted to just toss them out the window of my hotel room. Even my shoes stunk like cigarette ass.

13. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Yep was in hick Tennessee last winter. Went to see a football game and have beer and wings. Holy mother of fuck how does anyone enjoy sitting in that choking shit smoke?!?
    ...let alone how does one eat when all one can taste is fucking tabaccy smoke?

When I got back where I was staying I had to shower and worsh (local vernacular) my clothes immediately.

Good riddance, smokey bars and resturants.

14. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Last time I was in Indiana they were still smoking in restaurants

15. Creasy Bear

Donator

Since been corrrrrected.

The smokers are forced to stand out in the gutter like stray dogs now. As they should.

16. Off-White-Power

Off-White-Power High maintenance, low tolerance

Have smoked since I was 10. Just started a job that has no smoking anywhere on the premises. Too far to walk outside of the premises so I am forced to go 4 hrs until lunch to smoke then another 4 hrs until work ends. It's like torture even with the high nicotine gum. The pay is unbelievable but it's pure torture nonetheless. I've actually turned down other high paying jobs in the past that stated up front their policy (this one didn't), that's how strong the addiction is. And I laugh at alcoholics and can't understand why they just don't drink ...

17. mr. sin

mr. sin Registered User

can you chew tobacco?

18. Creasy Bear

Donator

A. Because drinking doesn't make me smell like hickory-smoked monkey ass.

B. Because there are no laws which force me to drink outside on the curb like a stray dog.

C. Because I can easily go four hours, four days even, without a drink.

It's not like I'd turn down a job solely because they wouldn't let me throw back a shot of whiskey every hour on the hour to keep me from getting all tweaky and cravey.

19. Sunsetspawn

Sunsetspawn Registered User

You could? But do you? That's the question.

20. Creasy Bear

Donator

I doubt an employer that has a "no smoking on the premises" policy would be the kind of employer who would have no problem with their employees chawin' tabacky in the workplace.

21. MojoRisen

MojoRisen Registered User

I see two sets of lungs that belong to two dead people. I wonder what the age is of those two pairs of lungs?