The Big Science Fiction Recommendation Thread

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Finished Planetside. It was okay, same narrator that does the Barney and Tincan series, so the narration is solid, but the story is pretty by the numbers military with only the bare minimum of sci-fi elements to fall into the category. Ending was pretty abrupt and rubbish.

Falldog

Donator
Started up with The Quantum Magician.

Initially in audio book form, but their choice of narrator wasn't a good one. He makes the character sound twice as old as he should be, and emphasis and pauses are way off from how I read the same content.

Moved onto to reading, but there's a fair amount of depth/intricacy in the science that makes it easy to skip things while reading in bed at night.

Not really sure what I'd compare it to from a sci-fi novel perspective, which is refreshing.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I'm reading a trilogy now, first book almost done, pretty interesting. Called The Origin Mystery trilogy, by A.G. Riddle. First novel is called The Atlantis Gene. About a super secret organization trying to cull the human population to force an evolutionary leap in human kind. Interesting read.
The second and third are called The Atlantis Plague and The Atlantis World.

Falldog

Donator
I'm reading a trilogy now, first book almost done, pretty interesting. Called The Origin Mystery trilogy, by A.G. Riddle. First novel is called The Atlantis Gene. About a super secret organization trying to cull the human population to force an evolutionary leap in human kind. Interesting read.
Started listening to this. Not my favorite author but it has my attention.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Started listening to this. Not my favorite author but it has my attention.
I'm about halfway through book 2, it's good for what it is. Pretty simplistic story, but I like. It's an easy read, nothing too complex to keep track of.

Started that a few years ago and the first book was just ok, never got around to continuing the second.

I'm about halfway through book 2, it's good for what it is. Pretty simplistic story, but I like. It's an easy read, nothing too complex to keep track of.
Listened to a nutty series last year that reminded me of Origin called Deathless, first book "No such thing as werewolves". The audiobook was fairly humorous and well performed. Good for a background fill audiobook while working or other tasks.

Plenty of subtle and not so subtle Clinesque type references too.

Falldog

Donator
Perfect audio book fodder really.

Falldog

Donator
Finished Quantum Magician last night.

It's very unique, has some great characters, and builds a really great universe around a very simplistic core. Probably going to end up in the top 20 of my list.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Yep. The spider one. Getting very good reviews.
Do you know where there's a good summary/rundown of the first novel? I remember much of it, but some details are fuzzy.