The Blacks support the merger

Aero 1

They had to insert their two food stamps in.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/naacp-announces-support-for-satellite-radio-merger.html

NAACP announces support for Satellite Radio Merger
3 comments
Thursday, June 28, 2007 at 04:27 PM
Filed under: XM Sirius Satellite Radio Merger

NAACPAn extremely influential group has today announced its support for the Sirius/XM merger: the NAACP.

The the nation's largest and most widely-recognized grassroots civil rights organization, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) today has officially endorsed the pending merger.

"We are extremely pleased to enjoy the support of such a well-respected and influential organization in the African American community," said Gary Parsons, Chairman of XM Satellite Radio and Mel Karmazin, CEO of Sirius Satellite Radio, in a joint statement.

In a letter to the FCC, NAACP Director Hilary Shelton affirmed, "We are convinced that the pending Sirius-XM merger will be a positive development for consumers. More diverse, accessible and appealing options at lower prices in satellite radio will help further expand the reach of this medium."

The NAACP also applauded both companies for maintaining "a strong commitment to diversity" and utilizing "significant resources to recruit and retain minority talent and leadership at all levels." Both XM and Sirius offer several music and entertainment channels (like XM's The Power (ch 169) and The Foxxhole (ch 106) on Sirius) which cater to the diverse tastes of African-Americans.

"We have no doubt that a merged satellite radio company would continue, and in fact, strengthen its commitment to diversity in employee recruitment and retention, while expanding its pool of diverse contractors and vendors," added Shelton.

While there have been a wave of groups supporting the merger, none have the level of recognition that the NAACP and its membership of over 400,000 nationwide holds. This is a huge achievement for merger supporters.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
i was just gonna say i blame the blacks....

augiep38

fuck the naacp in their fuckhole

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
AHAAA! Now I see why XM "HAD" to suspend the boys.... fucking creeps.

I certainly hope we taught that JO Gary, we mean business ... " The NEGROE" has nothing on us.

In exchange for their support XM/Sirius executives offered to let the negros actually touch a satellite. "Let them touch those things!"

Glenn Dandy

One NEGROE was overheard saying can I get HBO on this? Ohh, SNAP! Fo Free Dawg?

SteveFromBayshore

Unofficial Supplier of Cats to Gauleiter Cumia
Why do they have to stick their big flappy lips into everybody's business?

HEIL CUMIA!

vegasbob

Sparkling Wiggles use Sattelite Radio? I know they use GPS tracking when in Parole.

mascan42

When the new combined radios come out, they'll only have to steal half as many to hear both services.

South Jersey

I told you so ... too
How much of the zombie's money did Melvin kick towards the knitters?"whaa"

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
doesnt this mean the merger will absolutely go through.....because if it doesnt it will mean there's racism afoot.

Aero 1

We have to somehow get the KKK to endorse the merger as well.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Did they also promise them 40 acres and a mule?

I bring nothing to the table - you guys have probably never seen or read Gone With The Wind so you're not gonna get what I just said :arrrh:

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?

vegasbob

More PR for support of the by the Sparkling Wiggles

RACE WAR!

SIRIUS/XM Welcome NAACP Support for Satellite Radio Merger
Thursday June 28, 3:04 pm ET
Nation's Largest Civil Rights Organization Calls Merger a Positive Development for African-American Consumers

WASHINGTON, June 28 /PRNewswire/ -- SIRIUS Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI - News) and XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News) today announced the endorsement of The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the nation's largest and most widely-recognized grassroots civil rights organization with over 400,000 members, for their pending merger.

ADVERTISEMENT
"We are extremely pleased to enjoy the support of such a well-respected and influential organization in the African American community," said Gary Parsons, Chairman of XM Satellite Radio and Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, in a joint statement.

In a letter to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), NAACP Director Hilary Shelton affirmed, "We are convinced that the pending Sirius-XM merger will be a positive development for consumers. More diverse, accessible and appealing options at lower prices in satellite radio will help further expand the reach of this medium."

Both XM and SIRIUS offer numerous music and entertainment channels of interest to the diverse taste of African-Americans. For instance, XM's "The Power" offers thought and opinion on social, political and economic issues from an African-American perspective on the nation's only 24/7 radio channel programmed by and for the African-American community, while SIRIUS' "Foxxhole", hosted by Jamie Foxx, offers exclusive 24/7 programming from Urban Comedy to radio theater.

In their letter to the FCC, the NAACP also applauded both companies for maintaining "a strong commitment to diversity" and utilizing "significant resources to recruit and retain minority talent and leadership at all levels."

"We have no doubt that a merged satellite radio company would continue, and in fact, strengthen its commitment to diversity in employee recruitment and retention, while expanding its pool of diverse contractors and vendors," added Shelton.

SIRIUS and XM look forward to continuing their strong working relationship with the NAACP to provide high-quality programming to an even wider audience of African-American listeners and other communities of color following the merger.

Additional information regarding the merger can be found at http://www.SIRIUSmerger.com and http://www.XMmerger.com.

About SIRIUS

On February 19, 2007 SIRIUS and XM Satellite Radio entered into a merger agreement to combine the companies' businesses. Boards of both companies have approved the merger. The completion of the merger is subject to various closing conditions, including obtaining the approval of stockholders and XM's stockholders and receiving certain regulatory and anti-trust approvals, including from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Department of Justice (DOJ) under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976. SIRIUS believes that its merger with XM will close by the end of 2007.

SIRIUS, "The Best Radio on Radio," delivers more than 130 channels of the best programming in all of radio. SIRIUS is the original and only home of 100% commercial free music channels in satellite radio, offering 69 music channels.

SIRIUS also delivers 65 channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic, weather and data. SIRIUS is the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, NASCAR, NBA and NHL, and broadcasts live play-by-play games of the NFL, NBA and NHL, as well as live NASCAR races. All SIRIUS programming is available for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95.

SIRIUS Internet Radio (SIR) is a CD-quality, Internet-only version of the SIRIUS radio service, without the use of a radio, for the monthly subscription fee of $12.95. SIR delivers more than 75 channels of talk, entertainment, sports, and 100% commercial free music.

SIRIUS products for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are available in more than 25,000 retail locations, including Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, Costco, Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, RadioShack and at http://shop.sirius.com.

SIRIUS radios are offered in vehicles from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep®, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mercury, Maybach, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Rolls Royce, Scion, Toyota, Volkswagen, and Volvo. Hertz also offers SIRIUS in its rental cars at major locations around the country.

Click on http://www.sirius.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to purchase a SIRIUS radio and subscription.

About XM

XM (Nasdaq: XMSR -- News) is America's number one satellite radio company with more than 7.6 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City, Chicago, the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, Toronto and Montreal, XM's 2007 lineup includes more than 170 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: commercial-free music, premier sports, news, talk radio, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and the most advanced traffic and weather information.

XM, the leader in satellite-delivered entertainment and data services for the automobile market through partnerships with General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki and Toyota is available in 140 different vehicle models for 2007. XM's industry-leading products are available at consumer electronics retailers nationwide. For more information about XM hardware, programming and partnerships, please visit http://www.xmradio.com.

Important Additional Information Will be Filed with the SEC

This communication is being made in respect of the proposed business combination involving SIRIUS and XM. In connection with the proposed transaction, SIRIUS plans to file with the SEC a Registration Statement on Form S-4 containing a Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus and each of SIRIUS and XM plan to file with the SEC other documents regarding the proposed transaction. The definitive Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus will be mailed to stockholders of SIRIUS and XM. INVESTORS AND SECURITY HOLDERS OF SIRIUS AND XM ARE URGED TO READ THE JOINT PROXY STATEMENT/PROSPECTUS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS FILED WITH THE SEC CAREFULLY IN THEIR ENTIRETY WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE BECAUSE THEY WILL CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROPOSED TRANSACTION.

Investors and security holders will be able to obtain free copies of the Registration Statement and the Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus (when available) and other documents filed with the SEC by SIRIUS and XM through the web site maintained by the SEC at http://www.sec.gov. Free copies of the Registration Statement and the Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus (when available) and other documents filed with the SEC can also be obtained by directing a request to SIRIUS Satellite Radio Inc., 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020, Attention: Investor Relations.

SIRIUS, XM and their respective directors and executive officers and other persons may be deemed to be participants in the solicitation of proxies in respect of the proposed transaction. Information regarding SIRIUS' directors and executive officers is available in its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2006, which was filed with the SEC on March 1, 2007, and its proxy statement for its 2006 annual meeting of stockholders, which was filed with the SEC on April 21, 2006, and information regarding XM's directors and executive officers is available in XM's Annual Report on Form 10-K, for the year ended December 31, 2006, which was filed with the SEC on March 1, 2007 and its proxy statement for its 2006 annual meeting of shareholders, which was filed with the SEC on April 25, 2006. Other information regarding the participants in the proxy solicitation and a description of their direct and indirect interests, by security holdings or otherwise, will be contained in the Joint Proxy Statement/Prospectus and other relevant materials to be filed with the SEC when they become available.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Urban comedy?

In otherwords, comedy that white people cant say and that cant be said on the radio by anyone except black people?

A

afizzel

"We have no doubt that a merged satellite radio company would continue, and in fact, strengthen its commitment to diversity in employee recruitment and retention"

Really isn't one Black Earl one too many?

Glenn Dandy

Uma start my own station, fly rhymes... Shit. Ohh, and white woman.

Thank god Satelite is doomed.... Lets make sure we keep the internet savior free....Join PAC if you havnt already. I think the biggest fight is just ahead.

Aero 1

"We have no doubt that a merged satellite radio company would continue, and in fact, strengthen its commitment to diversity in employee recruitment and retention"

Really isn't one Black Earl one too many?
they went over the quota by half a point when they hired Sam.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Why do they have to stick their big flappy lips into everybody's business?

HEIL CUMIA!
That shit is so wrong I could'nt stop laughing. I'm laying in bed on the laptop and my sleeping wife woke up and told me to shut up I was laughing so hard.

Top Bottom