The Bridge on FX

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Was on vacation last week, got it DVR'd, looking forward to checking it out.

somnarium

deftones or somefuckin' body
Aug 24, 2012
Just watched the first episode last night. I get the feeling I'll be watching this for the rest of the summer.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Watched the pilot, but already saw the pilot for the original series so couldn't really get into it. The rest of the season will be new to me.

somnarium

Aug 24, 2012
I'd buffer this but it gives nothing away really. I hear Diane Kruger's character is supposed to have Asperger's. So I don't think she can get better as far as her awkwardness goes. But anyone who watched tonight's episode know which scene I'm referring to when I initially thought, "Is she doing what I think she's doing?".

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I've decided to wait to watch this series until it's like halfway, closer to the end of the season. The original is still fresh in my mind, so I don't want to be spending every episode "remembering" the first time I saw it. I'd prefer to wait until the show finds its own voice and then marathon it. Though I am glad to hear they kept the Aspbergers

somnarium

Aug 24, 2012
I've decided to wait to watch this series until it's like halfway, closer to the end of the season. The original is still fresh in my mind, so I don't want to be spending every episode "remembering" the first time I saw it. I'd prefer to wait until the show finds its own voice and then marathon it. Though I am glad to hear they kept the Aspbergers
They haven't mentioned it yet though. I got that information secondhand.

I wanted to like this show, so I'm finding things to like about it. If I hadn't known anything about it beforehand I'm not sure I'd be sticking with it at this point. Which isn't to say I'm disliking it at all, quite the opposite, it's just kinda slow moving at this point.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I like how Buffalo Bill is Sonya's boss. He still talks like Jame Gumb.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
As a watcher of the original series, which was great, I was skeptical of this show. I wanted to hate it, and for the first few episodes I did, but I've turned around on it completely.

somnarium

Aug 24, 2012
As a watcher of the original series, which was great, I was skeptical of this show. I wanted to hate it, and for the first few episodes I did, but I've turned around on it completely.
It's good. It's not the best show on TV or anything, but it's worth the weekly watch.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Seems like it's being shocking for the sake of being shocking - like last week where the old Mexican gangster woman required that the guy go down on her to seal a deal. I did like the melon exploding head shot that occured later in the episode though. Did not see that coming. I still think that
Captain Buffalo Bill is, if not the master villain, at least working with him

somnarium

Aug 24, 2012
This show keeps getting better. Though I saw a few of these twists and turns coming ahead of time.

Has Marco fucked every woman in Mexico? C'mon.

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
I like how Buffalo Bill is Sonya's boss. He still talks like Jame Gumb.
We loff and loff at this every week.

Good show. I would take FX over any other network at this point.

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuffer
Holy shit, the last episode was great. I was shocked when they killed off Gus, not many shows would. Post-bridge shenanigans were well acted, the tension had me cringing a little. I'm glad I didn't tap out.

somnarium

Aug 24, 2012
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuffer
Holy shit, the last episode was great. I was shocked when they killed off Gus, not many shows would. Post-bridge shenanigans were well acted, the tension had me cringing a little. I'm glad I didn't tap out.
Yeah, this show went from relaxing hour-killer to forgetting to blink territory pretty quickly. Surprised about the submerged ones outcome as well.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Yeah, this show went from relaxing hour-killer to forgetting to blink territory pretty quickly. Surprised about the submerged ones outcome as well.
The blond is getting hotter to me too. I'm not sure how intentional it is but I find myself laughing quite a bit during this show too. I'm still chuckling when they were going through Gus's cell phone messages and they found the MILF message.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
The blond is getting hotter to me too. I'm not sure how intentional it is but I find myself laughing quite a bit during this show too. I'm still chuckling when they were going through Gus's cell phone messages and they found the MILF message.
I agree but I also find her slightly annoying but that must be part of the whole slight aperger thing. I got a think for Annabeth Gish. Even when she was younger and a lil chunky I liked her.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
So are we ending season 1 with cliffhanger or the we got the wrong guy angle?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...hr/news+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Top+Stories)

FX Renews 'The Bridge' for Season 2

The freshman drama, starring Diane Kruger and Demian Bichir as detectives on opposite sides of the U.S.-Mexico border, has been greeted with strong ratings stateside and abroad.

FX is heading back to The Bridge. The cable network announced that it has ordered a second season of the detective drama after being greeted by strong ratings stateside and abroad.

The 13-episode renewal comes as little surprise given the show's solid performance -- it has been tracking just shy of The Americans -- and the creative team spoke optimistically of a second season throughout this summer's panel at the Television Critics Association.
All told, the July 10 series premiere has taken in 5.07 million viewers. That figure, Nielsen's Live+Seven Day returns, marks a 67 percent jump from the original haul of 3.04 million viewers. Both figures just trail The Americans as FX's biggest launch to date. The Bridge ranks as the No. 1 new scripted cable series launch of the summer among adults 18-49. Season one is averaging 3.65 million total viewers and 1.68 million among adults 18-49. When adding DVR numbers, the series jumps 89 percent in total viewers and 105 percent in the demo compared with Live+Same Day.
Abroad, it has fared even better, recently launching to 3 million consolidated viewers in 19 metered pay TV markets and on track to bring in a total 4.5 million viewers.

The Bridge, an adaptation of international hit Bron, came to FX from Shine America and FX Productions. It hails from Homeland writer/executive producer Meredith Stiehm and Hawaii Five-0 producer Elwood Reid and revolves around two detectives, one from the U.S. (Diane Kruger) and one from Mexico (Demian Bichir), who must work together to hunt down a serial killer operating on both sides of the border.
That serial killer storyline will conclude with the current 13-episode freshman season. Stiehm and Reid recently said that the upcoming finale will act as a launch pad for the sophomore run -- though they won't be taking on a serial killer per season model. Season two will return in summer 2014.
“We’ve been blown away by the compelling performances of Demian Bichir and Diane Kruger and the writing of Meredith Stiehm, Elwood Reid and their team, and are thrilled to be able to continue this journey for another season,” said FX president of original programming Eric Schrier. “We look forward to continuing our partnership with Rich Ross, Carolyn Bernstein and everyone at Shine America.”
Added Shine America CEO Rich Ross: "We’re thrilled that viewers and critics alike have embraced Sonya Cross and Marco Ruiz and that our partners at FX are enthusiastically joining us for a continuation of the wild ride in season two."

somnarium

Aug 24, 2012
The Bridge came back last night, which would have been great if I hadn't found out this morning. New DVR means no recording was set up, but apparently Wednesdays at 10 on FX is the timeslot.

Looking forward to Season 2, Season 1 had a ton of potential.