The Bucket List

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I'm really looking forward to seeing this... It came out today in limited release. It won't be "wide" until January 11th.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I honestly thought it looked terrible. Nicholson already made the definitive movie about growing older in About Schmidt (which WAS a dark comedy, not a drama that only rebels laughed at).

The only way I'll see this movie is in the chance that it achieves its goal and is nominated for a Oscar. I really hope it's not because it really seemed terrible to me. But it did get me to rewatch About Schmidt again, which is such an incredibly film.

EDIT: by Oscar nominated, I mean because I like to see as much of the Oscar nominated movies as I possibly can, usually through nefarious means, not that I think the Oscars are the arbiters of taste. Same with The Great Debaters. Seriously, how many movies can make us believe in the power of movies?

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004
opie and roland already spoiled the ending on the air....

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
um yea, i think ill wait for cable

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I honestly thought it looked terrible. Nicholson already made the definitive movie about growing older in About Schmidt (which WAS a dark comedy, not a drama that only rebels laughed at).*The only way I'll see this movie is in the chance that it achieves its goal and is nominated for a Oscar. I really hope it's not because it really seemed terrible to me. But it did get me to rewatch About Schmidt again, which is such an incredibly film.EDIT: by Oscar nominated, I mean because I like to see as much of the Oscar nominated movies as I possibly can, usually through nefarious means, not that I think the Oscars are the arbiters of taste. Same with The Great Debaters. Seriously, how many movies can make us believe in the power of movies?
Yeah i dont understand how some people dont get when a movie is a black comedy or a dramedy like say Fargo or something of its kind.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
Watched a great quality internet version today and I liked it. Jack really does overact and Freeman underacts. I will admit that I got really choked up at the end. It was not a bad movie, just some parts seemed to carry on a little too much and other parts went too quick. I give it one thumb up.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I tend to be somewhat forgiving, especially in the case of legendary actors who are particular favorites of mine. So, I am sure I'm gonna love it despite the alleged shortcomings.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
These guys... make a list... hijinks ensue...

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
apparently Rob Reiner is trying to make a comeback with this flick. That alone makes me want to skip it :)

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
In the middle of downloading a screener copy. I mean...I'm going to see it in limited release later, should I post some kind of followup?

Either way, I thought the preview made it look like it started pretty strong, but turns into generic buddy movie.

Dec 25, 2005
NJ
My mother wants to see it.

Meh.. if I have to or if I'm feelin sappy. It could be good though won't trash it.. yet.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
It will be sappy and filled with year-jerking life lessons (yuck) but it also doesn’t look like total crap. I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD.

Sinn Fein

Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I went and saw it today. It really was great. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

And I cried like a bitch at the end...

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
It was a fine film, nothing earth shattering - just a decent movie. I thought it was setting up to be VERY preachy, but fortunately it wasn't