The Chili Awesome

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I and some coworkers worked this out while waiting for time to go home.

This is white trash goodness at it's finest.

Get a box of that Jiffy cornbread mix (or whatever you like). Mix it as usual. Add 3/4 (or more) of a jalapeno pepper, finely diced. Make sure you get rid of the seeds and that white crap on the inside. Also add a clove of garlic, smushed to paste. (optional, add two tablespoons of powdered sugar) Mix well, put in fridge while you wait.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (or what your cornbread mix asks for).

Get a small cake pan. The type you might make brownies in. What, seven inches on a side?
Anyway, get a can of chili. Now, I'm a big fan of Nally's. Any chili will work, including home made.

Spread the chili across the bottom of the pan.

Now, shredded cheese. I used pre-shredded Sargento 4 Cheese Mexican, part of their Off the Block brand. Use what you like. We need a layer of this over the chili.

Now, the cornbread mix. Add a bit more milk too loosen the mix. Spread the mix evenly, so the mix completely covers the chili and cheese.

Bake it as if you were following the cornbread directions.

Eat, enjoy and fart. Soooooooo fucking good.

Last edited:

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
# That "White crap" is the membrane, it contains all the subtle flavours of fruit/vegetation in a chili, you don't get rid of that. You can get rid of the seeds if you are afraid of the heat, that is where most of it is concentrated.

#2 Congrats, you just "Invented" chili pie. What next. gun powder? The wheel?

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
# That "White crap" is the membrane, it contains all the subtle flavours of fruit/vegetation in a chili, you don't get rid of that. You can get rid of the seeds if you are afraid of the heat, that is where most of it is concentrated.

#2 Congrats, you just "Invented" chili pie. What next. gun powder? The wheel?
Membrane. That's the word I was looking for. If you want jalapeno flavor without too much heat, you get rid of the seeds and membrane.

I've never heard of this "chili pie.":(

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
BIV thinks jalepenos have too much heat. What a homo. At least step up to serranos!

Is this over poster material?

:action-sm

Sounds good, actually.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
BIV thinks jalepenos have too much heat. What a homo. At least step up to serranos!

Is this over poster material?

:action-sm

Sounds good, actually.
No, No, No. Heat has it's place. I just wasn't going for that.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Sure you like the heat, you're just scared some of it might fall into your vagina, right?
My vagina is very sensi...I MEAN NO, DAMN IT!!!!

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Bhut Jolokia, meet BIV. Biv, scamper with your bitch tail between your legs from the Bhut Jolokia.

I got four of these fuckers growing in my backyard. Going to make one batch into a fresh hot sauce, ferment-age one for a year and one for three years and make them into pepper sauce and dry one and grind it into chili powder.

Food is not properly seasoned unless it is painful to eat.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Serious answer: If you want heat, add it to the chili, not the cornbread.