The Darjeeling Limited- Wes Anderson

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Today I saw the wonderfuel new Wes Anderson movie The Darjeeling Limited. I'm a fan of his and this one doesn't disappoint. It's different from his others, a bit more introspective, but quite fantastic.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
It isn't coming out in columbus until 2 weeks from now, but I am really excited about it

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i don't know that this will be out in Grand Rapids anytime soon, i don't really expect it to be :(

i will see it whenever it gets here.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Today I saw the wonderfuel new Wes Anderson movie The Darjeeling Limited. I'm a fan of his and this one doesn't disappoint. It's different from his others, a bit more introspective, but quite fantastic.

So by different does that mean this one actually is funny? Or has a plot? Because his other movies don't have anything resembling either.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I just saw it last night. I don't think that Wes Anderson can make a bad movie. I am a huge fan, and I love the fact that he is a director that I can go see his movies and not be dissappointed.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Finally saw it now that it made it to DVD. I really liked the interaction of the brother's and Anjelica Huston is brilliant as always. Can't wait for his next one.

anez_98

Oct 14, 2002
great movie. wes anderson never disappoints.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
So by different does that mean this one actually is funny? Or has a plot? Because his other movies don't have anything resembling either.
I find his movies hysterical and interesting. Still think Tenenbaums is my favorite.

I also loved the soundtrack (he always has awesome soundtracks). A lot of it came from The Kinks- Lola versus Powerman and the Moneygoround which is an album I really like.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I agree Liddy. Tenenbaums is by far his best, but I really love Life Aquatic too. I think I like Tenenbaums the most for Hackman/Huston

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I never got the lack of love for Aquatic.

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
Yeah, I rented this one when it released on DVD and enjoyed it. Not as funny as Tennenbaum's but it had its moments. Anderson movies aren't movies that you laugh at as you go through the movie, it is usually in retrospective that I do my laughing. I thought all three of the brothers were great in this one, Brody was probably my favorite of the three.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
I never got the lack of love for Aquatic.
4 people I know have rented it and turned it off. I wanted to walk out of Tennenbaums, and I didn't laugh once at Rushmore. I know everyone has different sense of humor, but I just don't get his movies. They have funny premises, but horrible execution. Yet I know you'll call me a naive or hater for not liking his movies.

Mar 28, 2007
Planet Houston
i just rented this recently, and i really enjoyed it....including the short movie with Natalie Portman in it....

i want some of the Painkillers they were taking :D

Melk

Listening from the Future
Nov 14, 2005
Japan
The Darjeeling Limited was released in Japan last week as Darjeeling Kyuukou (Basically means the same thing). I really, really enjoyed it. I cannot understand what had Fez filled with doubts regarding the movie.

I'll admit I was somewhat disapointed by Life Aquatic, but only because I found the ending unimpressive and goofy.