The Division 2

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
The Beta test starts today and I got an invite without having to buy it so I will check it out

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
The Beta test starts today and I got an invite without having to buy it so I will check it out
WANT. Grrrr.

Definitely report back. Love me some Division. Really looking forward to this.

Crafting should be an interesting addition. Also looking forward to it not being dull, washed out colors all the time.

Haven't heard anything about shitty loot boxes so far, either.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I've just scratched the surface so far but it looks great. it plays well. I like it but I need to get further

BIV

I signed up and got into the Xbox beta.

I know what I'm doing tonight.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Last night was frustrating. I've was trying to complete one mission for two hours and it keeps crashing at different places while I'm in it. The whole server crashes. I was in the final boss battle and it happened again! Then it went down for service or an update.

I'm playing on PC

BIV

Last night was frustrating. I've was trying to complete one mission for two hours and it keeps crashing at different places while I'm in it. The whole server crashes. I was in the final boss battle and it happened again! Then it went down for service or an update.

I'm playing on PC
Yeah, that sucks. But, you know, that's what this is for.

They did release a statement that they were aware of the crashes and were working on it.

BIV

@chumpy

Had an overnight patch, so it may be more stable. Sounds like PC has the majority of the issues.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
@chumpy

Had an overnight patch, so it may be more stable. Sounds like PC has the majority of the issues.
Yea, it was much better. Up to lv 4 now and liking it. Playing story and random encounters feels good just like the first one. Still getting used to controls though.

BIV

Yea, it was much better. Up to lv 4 now and liking it. Playing story and random encounters feels good just like the first one. Still getting used to controls though.
Yeah, really has that "coming home" feel. It's The Division right where the last game left off.

I have two big concerns right now.

The first is that the enemies are still grenade happy, which just isn't fun.

The second is that I'm afraid maintaining control points will be tedious.

They also added a lot more resource types, which could get annoying.

It still feels sweet. But god do I miss pulse.

I wonder if you can no longer find apparel in the world. I haven't come across any so far.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I found a shirt out there so it can be found. I look everywhere for things though

BIV

I found a shirt out there so it can be found. I look everywhere for things though
Me too, thus my annoyance.

I really want shades that are not hot pink.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Me too, thus my annoyance.

I really want shades that are not hot pink.
Hot Pink?! Either you want the Miami Vice look or you're some kinda fag. :action-sm

BIV

Hot Pink?! Either you want the Miami Vice look or you're some kinda fag. :action-sm
Actually turned out to be bright yellow. Still not good.

You encountering a glitch where all the sound drops out?

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
So, how far did you get? I've had a few situations where there is no sound of enemy weapons firing at me.

I looked all around the regular play area and just began to look at the online area

BIV

So, how far did you get? I've had a few situations where there is no sound of enemy weapons firing at me.

I looked all around the regular play area and just began to look at the online area
I maxed out my level (7), cleared out all the missions and control points except for the Jefferson side mission which was glitched. I had nearly all blue gear.

Didn't play any endgame, the Dark Zone can fuck itself.

Overall, not bad. But I have some major complaints.

First and foremost, the new mod system. It's liquid shit. No more random mod drops, many mods are unlocked with skill points and every one has devastating debuffs. They need to get rid of the debuffs at the very least. Except for sniper scopes, I didn't use a single weapon mod the entire beta.

Next are the grenediers. They thow grenades twice as often as they should, they are twice as accurate as they should be and twice as powerful as they should be. And the fucks can lob one at you with pinpoint accuracy from anywhere in the map. That doesn't even account for grenade launchers and the fucking RC trucks.

Enemies are still way too spongy and "aim for the weak spot" doesn't work when you are playing solo. I felt under-geared the entire demo.

The sound bugs were horrific.

In total, I thought it was pretty good, though. I'm not going to Day 1 this one, I think. I'll wait to see how they address some of these issues. From the beta message board, I'm not the only one who has these opinions.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I only had a sound issue that one time. So that's probably just Xbox. I agree on the mods. having to spend points to get them is kinda bullshit. The same thing I hated about the controls last time is still an issue to me. You take cover on a wall or something and try to get away and it won't let you go where you tell it to.

BIV

@chumpy
There is an open beta March 1-4, se we get a chance to see if they fixed anything.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I am going to be In a new test of the updates this weekend. Only for PC though. It will let them test the things they updated before the open beta