OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The Doomsday Code Documentary

Discussion in 'Cool Internet Videos' started by coolyellowbus, Nov 5, 2007.

1. coolyellowbus

coolyellowbus Registered User

May 4, 2005
    Here's a great british documentary about the alleged "end times" preached by the american evangelicals (born again Christians) and the affects and potential effects its having on our government, our planet and in hostile environments across the world.

The basic premise of the documentary is the American evangelicals believe the end times are near as prophesied in the book of revelations but before it can happen certain things need to happen here on earth. The evangelicals are doing everything in their power to see to it that these things do happen.

It's a bit long clocking in at an hour and forty minutes but if you have the time it's def. worth checking out.
  2. Budyzir

Budyzir There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.

Nov 12, 2004
    I don't know why, but I'm fascinated by doomsday and conspiracy theories. I could watch this stuff for hours.

Bookmarked for a future viewing. Thanks for the link.
  3. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    It's My Birthday! Donator

Mar 10, 2006
    Right out of the gate the one kookbar says...

Which is exactly what every generation has said for the last two thousand years. :icon_roll

Prophecy is bullshit.

Self-fulfilling prophecies, on the other hand... as preached by those deluded clowns who take it upon themselves to "Give things a little nudge in the right(read: apocalyptic) direction"... those types of "prophets" scare the fuck out of me.

***edited to add***

Did you know that, back in 1981, James Watt, the first Secretary of the Interior under the Reagan administration, said that he didn't think that the human race should concern themselves with the long term effects of global warming, because the Son of God would surely return before any significant environmental damage was done?

Be afraid, people... be very afraid of these zealots. Their delusions are anything but harmless.