the Drive -By Truckers....

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
....the new record fucking kicks ass...Daddy needs a drink...Hood and Cooley are todays Lennon and McCarthy...See them before you die...i'm seeimg them on Wednesday i'll be the 40 year old with the bad beard ,drinking beer...DBT fans look alot like O and A fans....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Capt.Quint

ANDREW DICE GAY
Jul 26, 2005
Fort Pierce,FL
Got two tickets for me and my chick to see the Truckers in St. Petersberg May 16th. She is not into them as much as I am but I bought her a copy of Brighter than creation's dark and now she is excited for the show. Can't fucking wait.

livebackwards

Proud Patron of Ted's Conglomerated Gasmaskery
Jan 29, 2006
Houston, TX
I like Brighter Than Creation's Dark, but not as much as their last few. Too much split of the writing duties, too many slow songs. Maybe it'll grow on me.

FMDoug

Nov 29, 2005
I got Brighter than creations. I'm not a huge fan of it. Too countryish. But that isn't why i'm posting. The guy singer sounds a whole lot like Jesse Malin (or jesse malin sounds like these guys).

Check out "the fine art of self destruction" by jesse malin, you'll see.

Vic Mackey

Jay Marriotti is a heiney-bird
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Finally got a chance to see the Trucker's live at Taste of Randolph in Chicago tonight. Holy shit, love their album sound, but they are a hundred times better live, lot heavier too!! Played a few off the new album (every song is awesome btw) plus a great mix of their older stuff. All their rocking songs they played, no slow tunes which was great, even though I do like their slow songs. Finished off with Lookout Mountain, one of my favorite tunes. Cannot wait to see them again when they come back in the fall.

Side note, I do miss that Jason Isbell is no longer with them, honestly on the albums he was on he wrote my favorite songs. Decoration Day, Never Gonna Change, Outfit, and Danko Manuel are some of my favorite DBT songs. Heard some of his solo stuff, and it is really good, he will be a star someday.

Cum_Son

Nov 3, 2004
These guys are incredible. I was just recently turned on to them not too long ago and I'm listening to their live set on XM and it's that type of music that just speaks to the soul. It's much needed right now cause I'm going through some shit and it really helps to cope.

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
i heard Opie today prasing DBT...
[On Feb 7th, PBS will be airing the episode of Austin City Limits starring DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS and Ryan Bingham. We filmed our part back in September and are very pleased with it so by all means check it out. Please check local listings for exact time and date of airing.

/QUOTE]

Earth2murf

HATES EVERYONE!!!
Apr 2, 2005
Rotten County NY
i sent DBT's managment an e-mail telling them that Opie was a fan and that they should go on the show...I got a responce saying that they talked to an O&A producer who would talk to Opie...........About 4 years ago i called into the show and mentioned DBT and Opie asked me what song to play he played about 2 minites of "never gonna Change"after the song Opie and Ant loved it and when they asked Jimmy if he hated the song Lil'Jimmy said no he liked it to...

Nov 8, 2005
Below Canada