The Easy Food Thread

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I can't cook for shit. I'm just not good. So I am forced to be creative with my cooking. I spent a lot of time in front of a hot George Forman Grill or Sandwich Master and my microwave is my best friend.

So I get this idea, how about a thread on how to make easy, but tasty food?

Let me share my latest trick; go buy Ziplock Steamer Bags. They rule.

Put frozen or fresh veggies in the bag, seal, and you have crispy, steamed veggies in a couple minutes.

Get pre-cooked shrimp or shrimp scampy and seal them in the bag. A few minutes later you have shrimp goodness.

Eggs in the microwave? Yup. Just scramble the eggs in a bowl and pour it in.

I also get fancy and such with the eggs. In a separate dish mix two eggs, 1 1/2 tablespoon of a cheese chip dip, some grated cheese, chopped onion, sausage bits or any other veggie or meat you like in omelets. Season to taste. Mix well and pour into the steamer bag. About four minutes later you have fluffy omelet goodness.

So share. I'm hungry and only have about five minutes to make food. ;)

maz

TRueWDTer
Fuckin' Starvin

Biv we got any steamer bag omelets back there :icon_mrgr

maz

TRueWDTer
seriously though

i'm gonna pick up some of them bags
thanks for the heads up

BIV

They rule. The other day I had a sositch patty on the Foreman, eggs in the steamer and once the eggs were done a 15 second zap finished the precooked bacon. Some toast and OJ and I was golden.

maz

TRueWDTer
sositch and bacon ?

now you're just being cruel

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Stir Fry. Got vegetables that are just about to turn? Meat? Just heat up a skillet throw in some oil and mix things around. Add some sort of easy sauce (I don't know them off hand but if you look them up they're easy but not necessary, I rarely use them). Make some Chinese rice noodles or rice and there you go.

BIV

Stir Fry. Got vegetables that are just about to turn? Meat? Just heat up a skillet throw in some oil and mix things around. Add some sort of easy sauce (I don't know them off hand but if you look them up they're easy but not necessary, I rarely use them). Make some Chinese rice noodles or rice and there you go.
Okay...skillet. Hmmm....those are the things you put on a stove, right?:icon_lol:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Okay...skillet. Hmmm....those are the things you put on a stove, right?:icon_lol:
I learned that a skillet and frying pan are essentially the same thing like 6 months ago. Needless to say, I was quite dismayed.

BIV

Easy Mac. College guy's best friend.
Poor man's hamburger helper. Get a micro safe bowl. Put a ball of sositch in it. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each cooking. When sositch is done, cook the easy mac and drain the sositch. Stir together. Done.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Let me share my latest trick; go buy Ziplock Steamer Bags. They rule.
Stay away from the ones made in Cleveland.:icon_eek:

But seriously folks...:rolleyes:

I like keeping Pasta Roni on hand, especially the Alfredo flavor. In less than 10 minutes and one pot you can have Shrimp Alfredo by throwing a few of them in there.

The Olive Oil & Italian Herb flavor is great when you have leftover chicken the same way.

I also shared this recipe in the "Dip" thread a while back:
Take a peckidge of cream cheese (lite or regular) and mix with Herdez canned salsas. Go red or green depending on your taste. It's best if you use an electric mixer so you can get it really whippy.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
scramble those eggs, and add 2 tablespoons of salsa, throw in a pan or nuke....awesome!

Crock pots are good to. Throw in some meat, veggies and taters before you go to work, and its ready when you get home.

BIV

scramble those eggs, and add 2 tablespoons of salsa, throw in a pan or nuke....awesome!
Throw in some sositch and add to a flour tor-till-ya for breakfast burrito goodness.

Crock pots are good to. Throw in some meat, veggies and taters before you go to work, and its ready when you get home.
I really need to get a crock pot. See the cajun cooking thread. Mmmmm....gumbo.....

Find yourself a woman who can cook.... and enjoys cooking. Otherwise you'll clog your arteries or malnourish yourself.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Poor man's hamburger helper. Get a micro safe bowl. Put a ball of sositch in it. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring between each cooking. When sositch is done, cook the easy mac and drain the sositch. Stir together. Done.
Nuke some spimmach & mix it in ... now you've got all your food groups. Yummy too

Poor man's hamburger helper.
Hamburger Helper is poor man's food to begin with. If you're eating poor man's Hamburger Helper, that's just sad. Tippy Tom eats better than that. :action-sm

Toast yourself two slices of honey wheat bread, buy a couple little asian sauce bowls similar to these
and then break open an egg in each bowl.

Take a toothpick and pop the yolk so it doesn't explode, sprinkle with a little pepper and salt, place in a microwave for about 40 seconds per egg on high, slap some jelly on your toast and scoop your eggs out of their saucers and onto the toast.

You now have a quick fried egg sandwich without having to mess up a skillet and load up with butter.

I experimented with this combo so I could wake up and make a quick breakfast before my classes in college.

Toast yourself two slices of honey wheat bread, buy a couple little asian sauce bowls similar to these
and then break open an egg in each bowl.

Take a toothpick and pop the yolk so it doesn't explode, sprinkle with a little pepper and salt, place in a microwave for about 40 seconds per egg on high, slap some jelly on your toast and scoop your eggs out of their saucers and onto the toast.

You now have a quick fried egg sandwich without having to mess up a skillet and load up with butter.

I experimented with this combo so I could wake up and make a quick breakfast before my classes in college.
Sounds delicious except for the jelly. Toast with eggs is good, toast with jelly is good, but toast with eggs and jelly doesn't sound appealing to me.

BIV

Hamburger Helper is poor man's food to begin with. If you're eating poor man's Hamburger Helper, that's just sad. Tippy Tom eats better than that. :action-sm
But Hamburger helper requires a pan. If you have to use a pan in this thread, you lose.

Sounds delicious except for the jelly. Toast with eggs is good, toast with jelly is good, but toast with eggs and jelly doesn't sound appealing to me.
x2

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I got a kickass waffle-iron, so I can make a waffle pretty damn quick if I am hungry and don't want to expend alot of time/effort.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
a can of chocolate frosting, a bag of chocolate chips. combine in microwave safe bowl. heat in 30 second intervals & stir well in between. Continue until melted & well blended. Allow to cool.

Easiest fudge I've ever made. And feel free to experiment with different chips. :)

N

Nurse Trixie

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm........... soooooooooo gooooood!