OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

The Emmys

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by LilJimmyRbinson, Sep 24, 2012.

1. LilJimmyRbinson

LilJimmyRbinson Best muppet ever

Did anyone watch? Kimmel did an OK job. Not as funny as he could be, but what can you do.

I guess I need to watch Homeland since it won everything it was up for. I have a hard time believing Damien Lewis (who I have always liked) did a better job than both Cranston and Hamm. I just wish the show was streaming somewhere (legally).

Mad Men made history by going 0-17 this year. That's hard to do. Hell it was up for 3 of the 5 scripts for best writing in a drama and it didn't win.

Happy that Aaron Paul won a second statue but I would have rather seen Giancarlo Esposito win because Gus became an all-time great villain over the course of 20 episodes, plus Paul will have two more shots at winning.

Comedy picks were dull as usual. I like Modern Family, but this past season was by far the weakest and there's no way it's funnier than Curb was. I personally don't like Louie, but I know it's amazingly well regarded and I would have no problem with it winning best comedy either. Seems like they haven't warmed to cable comedies like they have to dramas (there were no nominees from the big 4 broadcast networks this year).

2. LilJimmyRbinson

Oh and I think we can all agree, Kat Dennings won the night.

[​IMG]

3. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

Based on who was nominated, I would have liked Louis to win Best Actor, Community to win for Best Writing (Remedial Chaos Theory), and Curb Your Enthusiasm to win for best show. This way the three best comedies could have all been represented. And also I think Louis' performance on the show is one of my favorites on television. There is a real honesty and humanity to it that I can't really apply to any other character on a sitcom.

I was glad that Childrens Hospital won and Jeremy Davies won as Dickie Bennett.

Homeland did well, though I wouldn't put that show above Mad Men or Breaking Bad. I probably wouldn't even put it above Boardwalk Empire. Lewis is good but not better than Hamm or Cranston.

I guess it makes sense the old lady beat Christina Hendricks.

Is Modern Family really that good?

4. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

Yes she did.

Yes.

5. LilJimmyRbinson

It's a really, really, really well done family comedy. Much better than the CBS laugh track horse shit, and better than zombie Office and everything else on NBC besides Community and Parks & Rec. However, it's starting to get redundant (after only 3 seasons) and last season was by far the weakest.

Still, nothing on regular TV can touch Curb. It's been nominated 7 times an never won. It's so overdue.

6. LiddyRules

Better than Curb, Parks, Community, Louie, IASIP, Wilfred, South Park, and Archer? Because that would make it a contender for the greatest show ever put on television.

7. Stormrider666

Its definitely better than Parks.

You know that I watch Curb, Community, Louie, IASIP, Archer, and Wiflred. If I was ranking all of those comedies, I would have no problems putting Modern Family in the 7-10 range.

While I would love to see some of the shows that you mentioned win an Emmy, it is worthy of the praise that its been getting.

8. LilJimmyRbinson

It's different. It's a "safe" network comedy, but a very well done one that isn't hacky or cliche or filled of double entendres like those shitty CBS comedies. Hard to compare it to a show like Sunny, Curb, Wilfred, SP, Veep, etc. Like I said, I just think that the Academy has finally realized that cable is where the quality is for drama. They'll get there eventually with comedy too. So since the networks will most always win best comedy...if they're not going to nominate low rating darlings P&R and Community, then Modern Family is the best and most worthy.

9. Stormrider666

The fucked up thing is when they do get to comedies, Girls is going to be the one to win.

10. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

Very well put. Modern Family is by far the best "traditional" sitcom going today, and one of the best of all time. I have no problem calling it the best network sitcom.

I agree that Girls will be the one that first breaks through, and that it will be fucked up when it happens. That show is complete and utter shite.

(I do enjoy the improved multiquote function on new Wackbag, so that's something. Still miss wavy guy and head scratcher guy though)

11. LiddyRules

Figured it out.

12. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

i flat out refuse to watch awards shows, they are all a bunch of self serving douche bags

13. Cunt Smasher

Cunt Smasher Caligula Jr.

Yepper, got it in one.

14. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Link to the pic:

http://www.whosay.com/sofiavergara/photos/228802

15. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

This was also an important Emmy moment:

[​IMG]