The Environmental Nutjob Thread

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Too bad she wasn't around 66 million years ago to save the earth from the last mass extinction.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Ironically the one group that makes me welcome the Earth's destruction the most is Earth Firsters.

There might be a logical argument for environmental reform, but three minutes of listening to any of these obnoxious idiots talk about it and I start welcoming the idea that we might all be doomed.

If man made climate change is real or not it's pretty much a given that man is not going to be able to fix the problem.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
If man made climate change is real or not it's pretty much a given that man is not going to be able to fix the problem.

Assuming we're 100% the cause, and assuming it's as catastrophic as some say, then shouldn't we be enacting 1 child policies? Death sentences for individuals who have excessive carbon footprints? The military destruction of foreign cities that pollute the most? Wouldn't a world war right now be there best thing to save the planet?

That's where my major problem lies... some politician or celebrity will tell us the planet is on the brink of destruction, and then turn around and immediately do something that contributes to it, like flying on a private jet or living in a 30k square foot mansion... and justifying it with carbon credits... which are evil in their own right because they allow your family or company to maintain the status quo, while inhibiting some third world country from advancing the way we did.

BIV

Even if it wasn't all horse shit, nothing we do matters unless China and India are brought into line.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Even if it wasn't all horse shit, nothing we do matters unless China and India are brought into line.
Massive global war to kill people and save the planet for the survivors. And don't forget, we can't go nuclear because it's potentially harmful Mother Earth, so we're gonna have to do this whole thing Dresden style.

BIV

Massive global war to kill people and save the planet for the survivors. And don't forget, we can't go nuclear because it's potentially harmful Mother Earth, so we're gonna have to do this whole thing Dresden style.
Gunpowder releases sulfer. We'll have to use swords.

BIV

Swords require stop mining and deforestation, we'll have to use rocks.
Can't remove rocks without disturbing animal habitat. We'll have to use teeth.