Amazon The Expanse Series

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
I didn't want to post in the Season 2 thread again since we are potentially going into season 4 now.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/amazon-the-expanse-season-4-1202818147/amp/

Amazon in Talks to Revive ‘The Expanse’ for Season 4
  • Joe Otterson
  • May 21, 2018 3:09PM PDT

The Expanse” could find new life on Amazon.
Variety has confirmed with sources that the streaming giant is in talks to pick up the sci-fi series for what would be its fourth season. The news comes after NBCUniversal-owned cable network Syfy announced they would not be picking up the show again once its third season concludes in June. The series is produced and fully financed by Alcon Television Group.
The story unfolds across a colonized galaxy 200 years in the future, when two strangers become unwittingly swept up in a vast conspiracy. Based on the New York Times bestselling book series collectively known as “The Expanse,” written by Daniel Abraham and Ty Franck (under the pen name James S. A. Corey), “The Expanse” stars Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Dominique Tipper, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham and Frankie Adams.
Amazon declined to comment.
“‘The Expanse’ transported us across the solar system for three brilliant seasons of television,” Chris McCumber, president of entertainment networks at NBCU Cable Entertainment, said at the time of the Syfy cancellation. “Everyone at Syfy is a massive fan of the series, and this was an incredibly difficult decision. We want to sincerely thank ‘The Expanse’s’ amazing cast, crew and all the dedicated creatives who helped bring James S.A. Corey’s story to life. And to the series’ loyal fans, we thank you most of all.”
Syfy recently ordered a series adaptation of the graphic novel “Deadly Class” by Rick Remender and Wes Craig as well as “Nightflyers,” based on the novella by George R.R. Martin. The network also recently launched the series “Krypton” and “Happy!,” the first of which is based on DC Comics characters while the latter is based on the graphic novel of the same name.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
I may give this series a try.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Amazon has picked up The Expanse.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Amazon has picked up The Expanse.
Fuck yes. I hate that it's on Amazon even though I have prime. I never watch anything on there except Man in the High Castle.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Why can't I edit? I just want to hear the ambassador curse finally.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
As I mentioned earlier, the books this season are based on came out several years ago. Given that, I guess I'm not the first to say it seems a pretty blatant lift from Arthur C. Clarke to have Miller back like that. It's pure 2010. In fact, I think 2061 and 3001 nail down that Dave Bowman was absorbed into the Monolith in a similar way.

Interestingly enough, when I went to refresh my memory about that I saw this...

On 3 November 2014 it was reported that the U.S. cable channel Syfy had ordered a miniseries adaptation of 3001: The Final Odyssey into production, planned for broadcast in 2015. The miniseries would be executive-produced by Ridley Scott, David W. Zucker and Stuart Beattie; the latter would also be the primary script-writer. The estates of both Clarke and 2001: A Space Odyssey director Stanley Kubrick were reported as having "offered their full support", but the extent of their involvement was not known at the time.[2] In February 2016, the series was mentioned as one of Syfy's "in development pipeline" projects during their press release for Prototype,[3] though no further announcements have been made since that time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3001:_The_Final_Odyssey

Hmm.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I just finished the season two episodes that I saved to my Media Server. I'm going to binge watch season three this weekend on demand. So far it's been pretty good. I accidentally watched part of a season 3 episode. Was Miller really alive or was that a flashback?

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
I have an awful infatuation with Drummer. She's bizarrely hot. Carry on
Since a week's gone by I don't think this needs a spoiler. When I thought they had killed her off, I was actually upset at a fucking tv series. I don't know what it is about her because she looks so..severe. Well...maybe it's the hard clipping accent and no-bullshit attitude.

ruckstande

Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Since a week's gone by I don't think this needs a spoiler. When I thought they had killed her off, I was actually upset at a fucking tv series. I don't know what it is about her because she looks so..severe. Well...maybe it's the hard clipping accent and no-bullshit attitude.
I don't know what it is. I even like that dumb accent. Sorry, I forgot the spoiler.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
This is what happens when you think your show is being cancelled. You shove 20 chapters of book into 2 episodes and turned Ashford from a reasonable man into a raving lunatic in the space of 30 minutes, and gave Clarissa Mao a redemption arc in 15.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
This is what happens when you think your show is being cancelled. You shove 20 chapters of book into 2 episodes and turned Ashford from a reasonable man into a raving lunatic in the space of 30 minutes, and gave Clarissa Mao a redemption arc in 15.
Other than the fact that the show had finished filming months ago, sure.

Saikotic

Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
Tv shows can't go at the same pace as the novels. Shit has to be trimmed for time typically, multiple characters condensed (Bull got mixed in with Drummer for example) and the plot lines will never be 100% faithful.

I actually felt they did a decent job with Clarissa. She always showed regret for the people she killed. And the pastor kept creeping up in her life, kinda setting her askew a bit each time, and through the season, her resolve broke.