The Expendables II - August 17, 2012- now Rated R

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I didn't care for The Expendables. I didn't believe it captured the feel of the 1980s action genre. But it did money so they're making TE2 with the original cast plus Van Damme, Liam Hemsworth, and Chuck Norris.

Recently, Norris got himself some controversy because apparently he was the guy who successfully pushed for the sequel to earn a PG-13, which Stallone later confirmed. Read more about it here: http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/...2-is-a-pg-13-film-as-per-chuck-norris-request and http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52774

Norris:

"In Expendables 2, there was a lot of vulgar dialogue in the screenplay. Fot this reason, many young people wouldn't be able to watch this. But i don't play in movies like this. Due to that i said i won't be a part of that if the hardcore language is not ereased. Producers accepted my conditions and the movie will be classified in the category of PG-13."
Stallone:
Harry, the film is fantastic with Van Damme turning in an inspired performance... Our final battle is one for the ages. The PG13 rumor is true, but before your readers pass judgement, trust me when I say this film is LARGE in every way and delivers on every level. This movie touches on many emotions which we want to share with the broadest audience possible, BUT, fear not, this Barbeque of Grand scale Ass Bashing will not leave anyone hungry...Sly

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
PG 13 = Why Bother.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
PG 13 = Why Bother.
Exactly. If the whole purpose of these movies is to do a throwback to the 80s over the top action movies it HAS to be rated R. You need ridiculous violence, unnecessary tit shots and graphic language. Otherwise you're just making a GI Joe knock off.

Sure they'll come out with the "unrated" DVD but it's annoying nonetheless.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Sep 27, 2007
Mawl-din, MA
Exactly. If the whole purpose of these movies is to do a throwback to the 80s over the top action movies it HAS to be rated R. You need ridiculous violence, unnecessary tit shots and graphic language. Otherwise you're just making a GI Joe knock off.

Sure they'll come out with the "unrated" DVD but it's annoying nonetheless.
So long as Chuck Norris is attached to the pic, there won't be any semblance of naughtyness.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
So long as Chuck Norris is attached to the pic, there won't be any semblance of naughtyness.
I don't understand two things. First of all, Chuck Norris has done plenty of R rated movies. Second of all, Chuck Norris had done plenty of shitty R rated movies. He's probably the worst of all the 80's action stars that are in these movies. So why did they care if he left the project?

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
I don't understand two things. First of all, Chuck Norris has done plenty of R rated movies. Second of all, Chuck Norris had done plenty of shitty R rated movies. He's probably the worst of all the 80's action stars that are in these movies. So why did they care if he left the project?
I dont get it either, mainly cause there has never been a Chuck Norris movie that i've liked.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
The first one was unwatchable so I didn't see anything that was gonna convince me to see this one so rating doesn't matter to me.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I have no way of proving this, but does anyone else think the idiot, out-of-touch producers were like "That Chuck Norris is popular with those Internet people and we need that Internet crowd."

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
That's not why they hired him, but I agree it's almost definitely why they kept him, although the move to PG 13 may cause more bad internet buzz than firing Chuck Norris.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
That's not why they hired him, but I agree it's almost definitely why they kept him, although the move to PG 13 may cause more bad internet buzz than firing Chuck Norris.
I meant with the PG-13 thing and caving into Norris' "demands." I know they hired him to get the 80s action stars together, that much makes sense to me andI don't fault them for that. Also, part of the reason I don't care for the series is the inclusion of "newer" action "stars" like the MMA guys. I can somewhat accept Statham and Li, but not Couture for whatever reason.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
but not Couture for whatever reason.
Randy is truly a living bad ass. The guy is close to 50 and stayed king of the ring for a long fucking time.

Sure his acting skills are weak, but the guy defines bad ass, IMO.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I also felt like Couture hadn't "earned" his spot, but he was really the only one.

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Randy is truly a living bad ass. The guy is close to 50 and stayed king of the ring for a long fucking time.

Is his ear really fucked up like that?

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Chuck Norris is so tough, he can ask people politely to stop swearing.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Being I did not see the first one, I don't see me seeing this one.
Don't worry you didn't miss anything.

I have no way of proving this, but does anyone else think the idiot, out-of-touch producers were like "That Chuck Norris is popular with those Internet people and we need that Internet crowd."
Behind Chuck Norris' beard is a vagina.

noregrets418

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse
Aug 31, 2008
All of these guys are has-beens now. This movie should have been made in 1987-1991. Unfortunately it still would have been terrible because all the budget would have gone to the cast.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006

In that case, they should have gotten Hulk Hogan, Mohammed Ali, and Lawrence Taylor too....

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Breaking news! Chuck Norris endorses Newt Gingrich.

One day before the South Carolina primary, actor and martial arts extraordinaire Chuck Norris endorsed Newt Gingrich for president, saying he believes that Gingrich can both "return America to her glory days" and "outwit" President Obama.

Norris made the endorsement in his latest column on WorldNetDaily.com:

We believe Newt's experience, leadership, knowledge, wisdom, faith and even humility to learn from his failures (personal and public) can return America to her glory days. And he is the best man left on the battlefield who is able to outwit, outplay and outlast Obama and his campaign machine.
If you're ready to keep fighting the good fight and once and for all restore our republic, then I invite you to join my wife, Gena, and I by endorsing, rallying behind and voting for Newt Gingrich as GOP nominee and then president of the United States.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004