The Full Blown Bag Bit Challenge

UsedLadBag

Your moms box.
Feb 4, 2005
Boston
I’m posting this idea on both fullblownaids and wackbag. I have no idea whether O&A make it “official”, or even like it. It doesn’t have to be official, this could be just a little rivalry between boards. Whether people want to play along remains to be seen too. Anyway, I think it’s a good idea so that’s why I posting.

The “Full Blown Bag Bit Challenge”

Challenge:

Think your board has the best ideas for bits that the FM show could use? Now you have a chance to prove it. Post a bit on either wackbag or fullblownaids and if O&A use it on air, your board gets credit. Each board will have one stickied thread where you can post your idea for a bit. You don’t have to do anything more then post the idea on your board, the crack O&A show staff will periodically mine the threads for ideas to take to the O&A lab for development. If it makes the air your board gets a point (yea points). I’d suggest that score be kept by the people who do the daily show rundown (Struff on FBA and StevefromBayshore on oandaradio.com).

Concept:

This is a friendly challenge between the message boards to improve the FM side of the show. Competition drives invention and bragging rights go to the board with the highest score. Ultimately it’s about the show, not the score –so don’t take the challenge aspect too seriously.

Rules:

One point per bit. It doesn’t matter if it fails utterly or if it becomes a regular part of the show, the board only gets one point regardless of how often it gets used.
Include the date and time in your post. No plagiarism between boards. First one to post the idea is the one who gets credit if it’s used on the show. It would certainly be alright to take an idea and “make it your own” by twisting it in a new direction, but let’s make sure credit is received where credit is due. Cheating will only make people quit and then good ideas will go unheard, which hurts the show.

Suggestions:

O&A staff members, interns etc are the people who look through the threads. Anyone who works for the show can take an idea, if necessary make a production piece and bring it to O&A. The board from which the idea originated isn’t revealed to O&A until after the bit airs. I was thinking that interns and staff have to prove themselves and bring really good or really awful stuff to the show. Plus with multiple people mining the threads for good concepts, it’s less likely that a good bit gets past over. In other words -all the staff and interns have a vested interest in presenting the most entertaining ideas (good or bad), which will minimize bias against either board.
The staff looking for ideas need to be fair and mine the thread on both boards, keep personal feelings towards either board out of it and let ideas be chosen on merit (or total lack thereof). No one will keep trying if they realize the game is fixed or biased. So, let’s have some fun and help the show out.

Example of a bit idea:

The beep game is great. My idea is to take audio from several different children’s cartoon’s and make an innocent comment sound very racist or sexual. Having a 2 year old, I’d suggest starting with three shows that air daily on PBS and are available On Demand: SuperWhy, Curious George, and Clifford the Big Red Dog. I can provide additional details of more specific shows I’ve watched (many times “On Demand” with my kid) and mentally played the beep game while watching.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
Wait...what the hell are the points worth?

These sound like Schrute-bucks to me.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So if I say "Roland singing" will I get like 1500 points by the end of the week?

Example of a bit idea:

The beep game is great. My idea is to take audio from several different children’s cartoon’s and make an innocent comment sound very racist or sexual. Having a 2 year old, I’d suggest starting with three shows that air daily on PBS and are available On Demand: SuperWhy, Curious George, and Clifford the Big Red Dog. I can provide additional details of more specific shows I’ve watched (many times “On Demand” with my kid) and mentally played the beep game while watching.
So you want to take the Kimmel bit, that's not funny on Kimmel, and do it on O+A after Sam did something similar that wasn't particularly funny either?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I don't see the point. Wackbag is utterly decimating FBA with our intelligent, artistic, loyal and creative members.

&

I don't like retards.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
According to some people - the only reason people post on wackbag is to be seen by Anthony and the show. :icon_roll

M

mouthpoop

How about eat a meal off the sidewalk Fridays.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
omg so you want OnA sponored board war call it a challenge call it what you want too. I get it because xyz board does so much more for the show then abc board does. oh yea this will fly. Call in with this idea please I beg of you to call in.

Im hosting a twinkie eating contest for the pests in the future
Does this make the un-official but official contest for best board?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
WHAT? That shit rules!

[media]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1666742[/media]
Maybe once or twice. When you do it every week it becomes as bad as, if not worse than, Headlines.

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Feb 10, 2006
Oceanside, NY
I'll join the twinkie eating contest just for the free twinkies.