The genius of Opie's bits

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Let's see how long this one can stay on the rails :D

OMG THATZ FROM 1952! WHAT HAZ OPIE DONE LATELY!

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Miss Angry Opie.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
He used to keep a notebook of possible bits to develop in the O&A Lab.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
What do you mean? He's always angry. At people on Twitter. At management. At Sal. Cripes, he's in high-pitch voice mode for half the show these days.
AIIIIIIIIIDDDDSSSSS!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I've told this story before, but I was in the live studio audience for that. The look on his face before he did it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. On the next commercial break, Steve and Roland were yelling at him, and he nodded over towards us and whispered something about "owing the fans a good show."

I know it's cool to pick on Opie and he definitely deserves it, but I still have a lot of respect for the guy because of stuff like that. He really does care and everything he does is in an attempt to put on the best show he can.

May 30, 2013
Sorry if this fucks up the loading time on your shitty computer.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
I've seriously considered stealing that bit. I get emails from all kinds of agents pitching stupid guests that I could probably do that every day.
You don't even need guests to do that bit.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I've seriously considered stealing that bit. I get emails from all kinds of agents pitching stupid guests that I could probably do that every day.

The thing about the Kristen Bell one that was so funny (and you can't tell from this clip) is that it was in the middle of some off the cuff radio gold (can't remember what it was right now), but then they had to put the breaks on it because of the phoner. So then he just gives her the boot and they go right back to whatever it was they were doing before. It's classic.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
You don't even need guests to do that bit.

That would also require callers. The last host and 6 weeks of recorded Fox Sports Radio blew out most of the listener base. I'm just now getting to the point where I have callers that will actually discuss things. Besides, I'd rather hang up on crazy conspiracy crackpots. My listeners are actually nice people.

Hog's Big Ben

Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
The thing about the Kristen Bell one that was so funny (and you can't tell from this clip) is that it was in the middle of some off the cuff radio gold (can't remember what it was right now), but then they had to put the breaks on it because of the phoner. So then he just gives her the boot and they go right back to whatever it was they were doing before. It's classic.
He put a listener on hold, dismissed Robin Leach, then went right back to the listener.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
I don't have the video handy, but the time the caller was talking about how his teenage daughter died in an auto accident, and Opie just starts playing car crash and screaming sound effects during the call.

It's still probably the edgiest bit of radio I've ever heard.

Opie's greatest asset is that he is fearless. If he seems lackluster on the show nowadays it's probably because his hands are tied so much by the cocksuckers in management.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
I don't have the video handy, but the time the caller was talking about how his teenage daughter died in an auto accident, and Opie just starts playing car crash and screaming sound effects during the call.

Opie's greatest asset is that he is fearless. If he seems lackluster on the show nowadays it's probably because his hands are tied so much by the cocksuckers in management.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

It was Anthony, but thanks for playing.

Edit: Dammit, god damn sheep fucker.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
That was Anthony, if I remember correctly.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Opie's greatest strength as an entertainer has always been his viciousness when he finds an opportunity to let it out. He does the things most of us think about, but would never do in real life.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
I'll never forget the time he supposedly returned some guys wallet and....get this...didn't even wait for the guy to say thank you!!