The #Greggshells Thread

MTJonny

Well-Known, well-loved and respected member
Donator
The specific post I replied to above.

I'm not saying I totally buy what Jim said on Rogan. I assume the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Ahh, I got it. Couldn't see the post you were replying to.

(Hilarious banter from Colin, Ant, Jimmy and Bobby) Opie: wait, wait guys. We missed the obvious line. Truck driver in Kentucky, you're on to interrupt some of the funniest people on the planet...
This is the single most definition of Opie's career.
Btw yes I'm listening to old Patrice O'Neal binge episodes and crawled back here for greggshells.

DiggerNick

Donator
Opie and Stuttering John are exactly the same. They both became successful for a long time based solely on the comedic talents of other people. But they will never, ever be able to admit it.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Robin Givens is clearly the single luckiest human being in history. But as far as I know she has never claimed to be a comedian or that she ran the show. She keeps her black mouf SHUT!
Givens?

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Robin Givens is clearly the single luckiest human being in history. But as far as I know she has never claimed to be a comedian or that she ran the show. She keeps her black mouf SHUT!
I never had an issue with Robin. Always came across like a nice person and knew her role on Howies show

DiggerNick

Donator
I never had an issue with Robin. Always came across like a nice person and knew her role on Howies show
Exactly. She laughs at his jokes, agrees with 90% of what he says and cashes those massive cheques.

Florentine fucked up by not wifing her when he had the chance.

DiggerNick

Donator
But back to Opie It's clear that Carl is going to be ditching him any day now. He's just getting too fed up with Opie's shit and isn't shy about telling him anymore.

All of his paid-for friends are dwindling, They went from getting $700 a day at SiriusXM, to pocket change at Westwood One, to now doing it for the pleasure of Opie's company. Sherrod is late every episode (imagine that...) and often doesn't even show up. Even Vic Henley, of all people, has better things to do.

The WATP crew reviewed a recent episode and Opie is out on the street with Carl, and despite Carl practically begging him not to Opie starts harassing random passers-by with "Hey, you wanna be on my podcast?" And at one point he screams "WELL, FUCK YOU!!" at someone.

Probably not a great idea on a crowded street in New York City. He's a fucking mess.