NETFLIX The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Neon

ネオン
Anyone watching this? I am LOVING it. I really like horror novels because I think horror needs room to breathe and this does it so well. And it's well made. Episode 6 is done in a series of long takes (one of them 23-minutes long) and is one of the best episodes of TV I think I've ever seen.

MTJonny

Donator
Anyone watching this? I am LOVING it. I really like horror novels because I think horror needs room to breathe and this does it so well. And it's well made. Episode 6 is done in a series of long takes (one of them 23-minutes long) and is one of the best episodes of TV I think I've ever seen.
I have a hard time getting into episodic stuff but given how much you've raved about it I'll give it a try.

Badfinger

I shot the sheriff
Agreed. I saw episode 6 last night and can't wait to see where this is going. Timothy Hutton's really good in this.

Neon

ネオン
I have a hard time getting into episodic stuff but given how much you've raved about it I'll give it a try.
I haven't finished it yet but think of it as a miniseries. It's an adaptation of a book and there's no way it will have a second season.

LiddyRules

You Dig On Multiverses?
I always confuse this with Matheson's Hell House.

MurphCO

Enough of this palaver
Donator

This thing is a horrible actress and takes me out of the story every time she opens her yap

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
She looks like a Ms Down's syndrome that could only afford to get half her face fixed

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I watched this show! It was pretty good. I enjoyed the shifts in horror styles. Some jump scares, which despite hipsters saying are bad are actually a really important component of horror when used sparingly.

I thought the ending where it swerved from horror into This is Us level schmaltz was nice, if a little overdone.

I thought it was funny the RLM guys made the same reference. Like the RLM guys, I hope they avoid the temptation to try to force a second season. They could maybe keep the lead actor on as a spooky ghost hunter that helps other families deal with their shit.

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
Okay, got a few episodes in and I'm going to call something...

Nell is the bent neck lady. I assume ghosty/ghoulie post-mortem flesh disfiguration is the reason she hasn't been able to recognize herself.

3spooky5me!

HandPanzer

τι θελεις
I feel like I got conned into watching a network tv family drama, and I'm not sure how to process it yet.

Bobobie

I binge watched this a few weeks ago. It was okay, but I'm not a big fan horror. I was reading in here how great it was so decided to check it out.

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
I'm 2 episodes in and so far so good.