The History of Howard Stern

Has anyone else been listening to this the last few days? As much as it pains me to say this. Back in the early to mid 90's he was very entertaining. It's amazing to me how much he has changed and phoned it in over the past few years. I hope the boys don't get complacent and start phoning it in too.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Has anyone else been listening to this the last few days? As much as it pains me to say this. Back in the early to mid 90's he was very entertaining. It's amazing to me how much he has changed and phoned it in over the past few years. I hope the boys don't get complacent and start phoning it in too.
The years they are doing now 91-95 was his best
Going to LA, the first book, MTV awards, running for Gov., e-show, Larry Sanders, first Leno shot
Completely different guy now & no it wasnt all Jackie back then either, a lot was him actually caring and having energy
Billy West did a lot of commentary praising howie too and said the reason he left was K-rock wanted him to sign a contract that made him personaly responsible for any liability from his comments, that was fucked up

Pieper

I post on a forum filled with assholes.
I listened to Howard Stern in the mornings here in Detroit and I stopped finding the show entertaining when he was trying to get everyone to vote against George W. Bush in the 2004 election. It wasn't that he was trying to get people to vote against him that I didn't like; I could care less about that. I just didn't like how much of the show every day leading up to the elections and even the few weeks after he was bitching about it. It wasn't entertaining to listen to. Much like it sucks listening to Ant complain about Obama. Sure, I can hear it for a little bit but day after day the shit gets old. Then after that he started to complain about his own censorship. It sucked to listen to it. I listened to some of his last terrestrial broadcast and that is the last I've listened to him. Opie and Anthony took over on our airwaves shortly after and I've enjoyed them since. I've listened to older Howard stuff and I really liked it. I think anyone who does the same thing for so long is just going to get tired of it. No matter how much money he makes, I'm sure he is tired of it.

Ballbuster1

Cute I am.
Wackbag Staff
I gave him a listen when he 1st came to Philly years ago and he didn't impress me.
Never listened to him since. I'm sure he did good radio. You don't get that popular
being awful but I just didn't like him.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I've said it before, and I'm sure I'm not wrong. Most of us "anti-howard" people used to fuckin love the guy. I thought he was the greatest thing on the radio. My biggest problem with Stern is, simply, that he sold out and tried to brainwash his uber fans into believing he didn't. He is a phony, and I know he always was a phony. He used to tear the ass off the "hollywood elite", and now he sucks ass to them. Also, he used to take all comers in a fight, and beat them down hard, until a real threat to his airwaves superiority came along, in the form of O&A. Then he ran crying like a bitch, proving exactly what he was.

Okay, I'll step off the soapbox now.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
I listened to Howard Stern in the mornings here in Detroit and I stopped finding the show entertaining when he was trying to get everyone to vote against George W. Bush in the 2004 election. It wasn't that he was trying to get people to vote against him that I didn't like; I could care less about that. I just didn't like how much of the show every day leading up to the elections and even the few weeks after he was bitching about it. It wasn't entertaining to listen to. Much like it sucks listening to Ant complain about Obama. Sure, I can hear it for a little bit but day after day the shit gets old. Then after that he started to complain about his own censorship. It sucked to listen to it. I listened to some of his last terrestrial broadcast and that is the last I've listened to him. Opie and Anthony took over on our airwaves shortly after and I've enjoyed them since. I've listened to older Howard stuff and I really liked it. I think anyone who does the same thing for so long is just going to get tired of it. No matter how much money he makes, I'm sure he is tired of it.
I started turning off about that time too

The peak years were earlier but it was still a good listen until about 2000 & then a decline

The years they are doing now on the history of HS were incredible though. I havent downloaded today but its the time he ran for governor and freaked people out so it should be good and i look forward to it
its self-serving to listen to but at least those years he had a right to pound his chest

hardhead

i used to love stern i started listening to him in about 89 and listened off and on intil
about 96 but when i tryed to start again in 2000 it was painful and i gave up about a week later

I've said it before, and I'm sure I'm not wrong. Most of us "anti-howard" people used to fuckin love the guy. I thought he was the greatest thing on the radio. My biggest problem with Stern is, simply, that he sold out and tried to brainwash his uber fans into believing he didn't. He is a phony, and I know he always was a phony. He used to tear the ass off the "hollywood elite", and now he sucks ass to them. Also, he used to take all comers in a fight, and beat them down hard, until a real threat to his airwaves superiority came along, in the form of O&A. Then he ran crying like a bitch, proving exactly what he was.

Okay, I'll step off the soapbox now.
Pretty much what you said.

I wouldn't mind listening to HoHS, I just don't want to sign up for the rest of the year.