Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001
:icon_eek: :icon_cry:

SuperGolfer

I got it from a negro
Nov 6, 2004
They get what they deserve. They should sit for the next four months and think about what they did to us.

fucking jerks.

Mother Shucker

I'm over here now.
Oct 13, 2004
Your Mom's box.
2007/2008 Mets off season thread.

For some bizzare reason, the Mets thread is closed already. So vent here.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
What a disgusting end to a promising season. There needs to be some house cleaning this off season especially with the bull pen.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
The more I think about it, todays game was a massive exclamation point on the past month. What a blown season. I need a drink.

VilleDick

Fuck the Mets
May 14, 2006
DC now, Philly originally
Tough luck fellas, this is not me gloating. Good season, but you oughta castrate Lastings Milledge and Jose Reyes for dancing like fools and waking up the Marlins yesterday.

Papagolash

24.24.2.2194 [Incarcerated]
Wackbag Staff
Nov 11, 2001
billy wagner in NY POST We’ve been throwing four innings a night – for months!” Wagner told the magazine. “Our pitching coach has no experience talking to a bullpen. He can help you mechanically, but he can’t tell you emotions. He has no idea what it feels like. And neither does Willie. They’re not a lot of help, put it that way.”

RobeSoup&Tears

Get 'em while they're hot
Aug 16, 2005
Riverdale, New York

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
billy wagner in NY POST We’ve been throwing four innings a night – for months!” Wagner told the magazine. “Our pitching coach has no experience talking to a bullpen. He can help you mechanically, but he can’t tell you emotions. He has no idea what it feels like. And neither does Willie. They’re not a lot of help, put it that way.”
wow. you can tell wagner has a temper. but thats a brutal statement. not that I disagree. its just rare a player goes all out against his coaches like that

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
It's funny. All season while the Yankees were struggling and trying to catch up in the playoff race, whenever I went to my parent's house and put on the Yankees game, my dad would taunt me by saying, "You can't watch that game here. We only watch teams that are going to the playoffs in this house."

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
Jan 26, 2006
Brooklyn, New York
Mama Cass actually didn't choke...click here and find out....only the Mets did.

I got tired of hearing it from Met fans back in '04.

7 game lead with 17 to play...that's never been done before.

Question for Met fans...what's worse: Seeing Carlos watch strike 3 with his bat sitting clamly on his shoulder last year or this recent collapse?
Actually the same thing happened to the Phillies back in the 60's. They led the division by 6 and a half games by early September only to blow the division by seasons end. So its happened before. Sorta.(Not sure of the dates but it has happened before)

Never before in sports history has a team blown a 3-0 lead in the playoffs, at least until the Yankees did it in 2004. So that little piece of history will remain intact, even after the awful collapse of the 2007 Mets in regular season.

In a wierd way I'm glad they didn't make the playoffs. The way they played the last few weeks at least I won't have to see them get embarrased in the playoffs. By mid August they looked like they deserved a playoff shot. Holding on the lead for most of the season. In September they did not. Alot of the teams already in do deserve it, even the Phillies. Coming back like that to threaten both the NL East lead and the Wild Card spot(Same thing the Yanks did over in the AL!)

So my congrats to all those teams!

I want to yell at Glavine for what happened today but it's not totally his fault. It should have never come to this. This should have been a throwaway game. Much like the Yanks/Orioles game tonight. Really doesn't matter to either side. In fact this past week should have been throwaway games because the Mets should have had already clinched. So instead they still remained throwaway games...too bad it was the season that got thrown away...

My prediction for this year's series:
Angels vs. Cubs(pick 'em!)

JMCC

Oct 4, 2004
Unreal.

Never liked Willie, even more when he tried to bring that "Yankee mentality" to the Mets a few years ago. With that said, Willie needs to go, he alone cost the Mets at least 5-8 wins this year. You think that would have a made a difference? His constant "I trust my gut" or "i got to stay true to the guys that got me here" its so fucking gay. The Mets need a coach that understands the NL rules, that can actually pull a successful double switch.

Because he was reluctant to try something different and try so hard to be like his mentor, the Mets blew it. Doesn't he realize that burning your pitching staff in May-June will come back to bite you in the ass? How many times do you bring in Mota before you realize the guys sucks?

Finally, for someone who is know as a players coach, he really isn't. He lost his team months ago and wasn't able to get through to his players when it matter most. His methods sucks and he should be fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
Wagner blows his arm out every year, the Mets overused him as he's lights out at the beginning of a season. We had him here, we know. I dont understand them putting him in that much at the end. Then again he's a whiney pussy so glad Pat cranked out 2 off him.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Actually the same thing happened to the Phillies back in the 60's. They led the division by 6 and a half games by early September only to blow the division by seasons end. So its happened before. Sorta.(Not sure of the dates but it has happened before)
Yes it did:
1964: The Phillies looked destined all season for a trip to the World Series with Richie Allen exploding on to the scene earning the NL Rookie of the Year. The season was full of magic moments such as Jim Bunning's Perfect Game during a Father's Day Double Header in New York against the Mets. The Phillies would make more magic in Shea that summer when Johnny Callison won the All-Star Game with a walk off Home Run. The Phillies looked unstoppable as their lead for the NL Pennant grew though out the summer. With 12 games remaining in the season the Phillies held a 6 and half game lead over the St. Louis Cardinals, as World Series tickets were going on sale. However the Phillies would begin to struggle, causing manager Gene Mauch to shorten the pitching rotation to two. However, Jim Bunning, and Chris Short got tired fast, and the Phillies began a historic collapse losing 10 straight, as the Cardinals flew past and into a memorable Fall Classic, while the Phillies could only had a remember a classic fall and a second place 92-70 record.