The Iceman - Richard Kuklinski

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Movie about the mafia hitman, some say he was full of shit, anyway

[video=youtube;hdxKdtt1PjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdxKdtt1PjU&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Was he full of shit? I personally wouldn't want to ask him.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
According to a lot of flipped mafia members he is full of shit. He claims he was in on the Big Paul Castelanno murder, All of the people who were in on the murder were identified by various sources, none of them mention Kluklinski. I do believe he was a hitman, but I don't think he worked for the mafia. The westies, maybe. But not the mafia. I'll see this either way.
I think they should make a movie bout Roy DeMeo and his crew. Those guys were the real deal, they killed an estimate of 200 people for the Gambino family. They were so feared that John Gotti was offered the contract to kill Roy and he refused because he was afraid of him.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
The Iceman Tapes on HBO freaked me out as a teen.
yeah, i saw a thing about him on tv once, he was interviewed in jail. he just didn't give a shit about human life. he acted like killing was just like a bodily function. it was chilling to hear him talk about a hit.

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
I would definitely see this movie.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I'll say this, Micheal Shannon sure knows how to play some real creeps.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
I think it was Kuklinski that said he was on his way to do a hit, got a call,did another hit on his way to do the original hit. He also said he would do things like wear a rainbow colored clown wig, cap some guy right on the street, and the only thing witnesses remember is the clown wig.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
He said he used to kill people by putting liquid cyanide in a glass at a bar and walk up to his victim and act drunk and spill it on him. The cyanide would absorb into the guy's skin and hilarity ensued.

Frankie_b

It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
I think it was Kuklinski that said he was on his way to do a hit, got a call,did another hit on his way to do the original hit. He also said he would do things like wear a rainbow colored clown wig, cap some guy right on the street, and the only thing witnesses remember is the clown wig.
it was a crossbow to 'see if it worked'

cyanide was his poison of choice and he dress as 'a big flamboyant gay man' to get close to someone to kill them

[video=youtube;psoq8qYvx18]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psoq8qYvx18[/video]

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I remember HBO did 3 of those interview shows with him. I tink the one posted was the last. I remember seeing one from the 90's where he was in that ugly sweater. They showed some of the b-roll of that interview in the one posted above.
EDIT: I found it. I think the third is a compilation of the other two.
[video=youtube;Tv4c3flhSaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv4c3flhSaU[/video]

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
[video=youtube;007UO2aOm-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=007UO2aOm-U[/video]

justifyyourgarb

You drab South Bend cocksuckers are all the same.
Mar 15, 2007
I always remember him talking about dismembering someone while eating a pizza. That's stuck with me for ten years now.

Movie looks good. Chris Evans looks like Peter Stomare. It's the perfect role for Shannon.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
seriously, the world is a better place without this guy around.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
According to a lot of flipped mafia members he is full of shit. He claims he was in on the Big Paul Castelanno murder, All of the people who were in on the murder were identified by various sources, none of them mention Kluklinski. I do believe he was a hitman, but I don't think he worked for the mafia. The westies, maybe. But not the mafia. I'll see this either way.
I think they should make a movie bout Roy DeMeo and his crew. Those guys were the real deal, they killed an estimate of 200 people for the Gambino family. They were so feared that John Gotti was offered the contract to kill Roy and he refused because he was afraid of him.
quoted for truth.
demeo was a fucking serial killer. that crew would have whole meals and barbecue when they were draining blood from the victims bodies in the bathroom,then they would chop them into little pieces.
a real charmer
iceman was definitely a killer and i think he did take liberties, but i think it was business for him more so than demeo. i think he would kill you for a piece of pizza

Frankie_b

It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
So has anyone actually watched this? I'm gonna buy it but wanna know if it's worth watching

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
So has anyone actually watched this? I'm gonna buy it but wanna know if it's worth watching
I saw it on Netflix and enjoyed it. Not an action thriller, but very interesting.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
I'll say this, Micheal Shannon sure knows how to play some real creeps.
None creepier than Kim Fowley in THE RUNAWAYS.

The Iceman Tapes on HBO freaked me out as a teen.
No shit. I watched that a few years ago and when it was over I got up and locked my front door.

Agent47

New Wackbag
Apr 1, 2014
It was a decent movie. Shannon does a good enough job portraying The Iceman although as expected they tried to portray him in a positive light at times leaving out some of the more brutal stuff he did. Overall I wouldn't recommend a purchase unless you are a major fan of mob movies.

Frankie_b

It's My Birthday!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
No shit. I watched that a few years ago and when it was over I got up and locked my front door.
:haha7:

It was a decent movie. Shannon does a good enough job portraying The Iceman although as expected they tried to portray him in a positive light at times leaving out some of the more brutal stuff he did. Overall I wouldn't recommend a purchase unless you are a major fan of mob movies.
Ah good, seems like something i'd like then.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
I think the only "positive" stuff has to do with his family, which seems to be pretty accurate. He still comes off as a cold killing machine. I wish the movie went a bit deeper than it does, but it's a good flick.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I enjoyed it. Low key, but got the job done.

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I read this book on vacation. Exactly the type of story you want to read about while relaxing on a beach.
Do they show the part where he cuts the chicks tits off? That was just brutal sounding.