The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus [Terry Gilliam Ex-Film]

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm sure there are a few Terry Gilliam fans here. Brazil being one of the best movies ever made. Fear and Loathing, 12 Monkeys, etc.

Well his next movie was to be The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus starring Chrisopher Plummer, Tom Waits, Verne Troyer and, of course, Heath Ledger. And, as is so often the case with Gilliam, shit has hit the fan. With Ledger's death it seems as if the film shut down for good.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
It stinks, but we have to find out how far into production they were, how much Heath has filmed so far, and if it's possible to move forward.

Has it been announced if it's done or if they took a hiatus to regroup?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It stinks, but we have to find out how far into production they were, how much Heath has filmed so far, and if it's possible to move forward.

Has it been announced if it's done or if they took a hiatus to regroup?
From what I've read, it's on "break" so they can figure out what to do but a lot of the financing had to do with Heath's involvement and the future of the film doesn't look good.

http://www.variety.com/VR1117979535.html

But still, Gilliam is just so unlucky.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have friends who were doing rigging prep work for that show. On the day Ledger died, they were told to go home as the show basically went into "force majeure" mode.

As far as they know, there hasn't been an announcement on whether or not they know if they still have a job. I'd start looking if I were them. Apparently, Ledger shot a good month's worth in London before moving the production to Vancouver.

It's too bad. This was looking like a really good production.

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005
"What did Terry Gilliam do? Did he take a dump in an Indian Burial Ground?" some dope on Aint it Cool

Apr 12, 2003
cleveland
well his last movie sucked but everything before tideland was awesome. hope he finds a new project soon.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I was chatting with my buddy who was laid off from this show. The word is that the earliest that he might be going back to work on Imaginarium is next Thursday. So the show isn't quite dead yet.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Newest Rumor:

Despite reps for Johnny Depp offering an official denial the other week, AICN reports that the "Pirates of the Caribbean" actor is still very much involved in taking over part of the role left behind by the death of Heath Ledger in Terry Gilliam's "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus".

What's more interesting though is that they say two other actors will be joining Depp to film those segments that Ledger won't be able to do - Jude Law and Colin Farrell - and says that all three names are verified. Shooting is about to start up again in Vancouver on the project. More as it comes.

Barely Legal

Standing on his head
Feb 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As far as I know from my friends who are working on the show, the rigging/prep crews go back to work on Dr Parnassus this Monday and the shooting crew goes to camera the following Sunday.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Depp, Law, Farrell Take Over for Ledger
AOL
Posted: 2008-02-15 13:03:12
Filed Under: Movie News
(Feb. 15) - Right before he died of an accidental drug overdose, Heath Ledger was filming Terry Gilliam's 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.'

Unfortunately, his death left the movie without its star and in production limbo.

But the film may be saved. According to Ain't It Cool News, three actors have stepped up to take over Ledger's role -- Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell.
There is no word on whether Ledger's finished scenes will be used.
http://movies.aol.com/news/story/_a/depp-law-farrell-take-over-for-ledger/20080215115109990001

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35623
Can't say I have much faith in Ain't It Cool's News

silentbob8201

Jun 29, 2005