The Inventor And Epschtine Featuring Sam And Steve C Episodes 1 & 2

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I take it as a humorous serial that gets more involved and better as the story progresses.

The gentle kind-hearted, naive inventor has developed an elixir that will eliminate obesity worldwide. Of course, Epschtine has to weigh in on the invention... get it? Obesity? Weigh-in? Ooof.

The Inventor and Epschtine - Featuring Sam and Steve C.

The O&A Show staff prides themselves on their ability to come up with strange and unusual characters for use in radio bits. Thanks to Steve C., Sam, and production wiz Derek, there are two new characters to add to the stable - The kind, good-natured Inventor and his assistant Epschtine.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
My new Xpress RC radio shows a picture of the boys as part of the display. I couldn't even look at them during this break yesterday.

McGuirk

doesn't overanalyze comedy radio
Jul 13, 2006
This is terrible, and I hope Sam and Steve are sorry.

TheSqueakyWheel

Jul 14, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I get the "Stinks on purpose" bit, but this stinks at stinking even.

Seriously seems like some project some 19 year old did instead of his homework.

I know Opie hates when people say they don't like something, but this whole bit is very "morning zoo with bad words"-ish to me

Melk

Listening from the Future
Nov 14, 2005
Japan
I was just listening to the second episode...

FOR CHRIST SAKE STEVE! Just come out of the closet and begin sticking things in your ass for pleasure. Save the suffering for your own rectum and keep this crap off the radio.

TallBaby

Unregistered User .
Sep 9, 2005
Dallas, TX
I'm not a big fan of the bit yet. It also just doesnt seem like its going to go anywhere besides the inventor making something and epstein shoving it up his ass. At least the Ramon promos took place in different settings and situations, and built up to a punch line. And then the mystery behind the two characters made for good discussion.

That being said, I think Sam's voice work in this new bit is pretty good, but Steve sucks. It would be better if the inventor designed something and then epstein was his test subject, and every potion/invention had some sort of weird side effect. Shoving stuff up your ass just isnt that funny. It seriously seems like Steve coming out of the closet through a bit.

xloosefusionx

May 23, 2007
What a fucking waste of air time.
and to add, its definitely something another radio show could lift and use for their "worst radio bit"...bit, against the boys. It pains me to hear Opie say its not bad when I believe he knows its terrible.

Lil' Alex

Dec 20, 2007
NYC
These bits are worth 30 seconds of on air commentary before Sam and Steve are tossed unceremoniously from the studio. I know it's hard to fill all those hours but the boys shouldn't be pretending there is any value at all in airing this drivel. This is what Stern does, throws on every stupid bit or phone call from some schmuck intern named schlomo as if it's funny.

funky_treasure

rat soup eatin' motherfucker!
Mar 7, 2005
I like it as a launching point to bust Steve and Sam's balls, but otherwise it stinks.

A.J. Poopyshitz is just a straight rip off of Dana Carvey's Lyle the Effenimate Heterosexual.

MarshmallowRain

Jan 19, 2005
Bakersfield
To the person who said that they tooling on this is what stern does, well yes but stern actually I believe thinks its genuinally good bit whereas the boys here are tooling on it and basically do the episodes as a way of heckling steve.

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
Jul 3, 2006
Cortland, New York
Sam has always grated on me, and now we know why Steve has worked primarily "behind the scenes" (huh huh, behind!) for his whole post-Foundry career.

Melk

Listening from the Future
Nov 14, 2005
Japan
I assume the Professor and Epschtine is a satire of what is actually going on behind the scenes of the O&A show.

Steve, stop shoving comedy gold up your ass.

Lil' Alex

Dec 20, 2007
NYC
To the person who said that they tooling on this is what stern does, well yes but stern actually I believe thinks its genuinally good bit whereas the boys here are tooling on it and basically do the episodes as a way of heckling steve.

Either way it's given more time and attention than it deserves.

dorryfunk

Sep 29, 2006
Wait what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????