The Love Mattress

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
This thing rules...who wants to test it out? ;)

Sleeping entwined with another is a novel concept, but there's always the problem of that extra arm. Where does one put it? Mehdi Mojtabvi's Love Mattress offers a simple solution for the chronic limp arm that often results from sleeping while wrapped in a prolonged embrace.

Mojtabvi has studied the embracing styles of couples while in bed and has confirmed what we all know -- that having your arm flattened under your partner's body for prolonged periods of cuddling isn't exactly comfortable. What's more, it may even prove detrimental to your health! Technically speaking, it puts abnormal pressure on the muscles, blood vessels and nerves, and over time can result in a condition termed "radial neuropathy," whose symptoms include weakness in wrist dorsiflexion and finger extension.

Finally, an answer to this age-old predicament has arrived! Winner of the red dot design concept award in 2007, the idea of the Love Mattress is simple: A solid unit makes up the middle portion of the bed, with several adjoining strips of foam connected at either end. Between these slats one can drop their shoulder or arm, allowing for a much more comfortable sleeping position while remaining all snuggled up.

Each polyurethane-injected foam strip is covered with a smooth fabric which allows for easy sliding, and after assembly the whole mattress can be covered with a standard bed linen. Not only is it good for sharing with another, but it also works for other positions, like stomach sleeping, where you can let your foot dip into the gaps.

So, say goodbye to that slack arm. Right now it's still only a concept, but if the Love Mattress hits production mode you'll be good to go for hours of fine spooning action.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/love_mattress_modern_sleeping_so_9568

I'm sold since I sleep on my stomach, buuuuuut I don't quite get how to put the sheets on; am I missing something?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
I'm up for it!
I've always said that cuddling creates a third arm where no human being actually needs one.

Nothing like being in bed with someone to feel like a non-super hero mutant, I say.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
Fucking awesome. I hate it when im laying with lady and my whole arm falls asleep because shes gotta cuddle up real snuggly. This would also alow for an easy escape when needed.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I'm guessing there are no sheets, custom sheets, or you get king size for a queen mattress & tuck them.

This looks awesome, but I'm not giving up my pillow top mattress for it.

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
I'm guessing there are no sheets, custom sheets, or you get king size for a queen mattress & tuck them.

This looks awesome, but I'm not giving up my pillow top mattress for it.
It says after assembling it, that a sheet slides on top no problem. To me, that defeats the purpose of the fucking invention! I'd still rock it, though.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Yet another invention to remind me how horribly alone I am. Thanks.

Ack's Grl

New Wackbag
Sep 21, 2005
Wow, if that works that's awesome! I always sleep cuddled up to the person in bed with me (Anthony, my sisters, my mom, my nephews- I sleep around ;) ). I'm perpetually cold and love to sleep in the small of someone's back. But it has killed my shoulder joints! This would be awesome....if it works.

Apr 22, 2005
Bucks Co., PA
Nice. Now there's a place for my hand when I'm fucking it alone.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
This thing rules...who wants to test it out? ;)

I'm sold since I sleep on my stomach, buuuuuut I don't quite get how to put the sheets on; am I missing something?
There's nothing sexier than waking up all sweaty and not only sticking to your bed-mate, but the plastic mattress as well! :D

(but it does look like a cool mattress to sleep on!)

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I think the last time I had anyone share a bed with me was AF & Balzac's cat. And it was the cat's bed. Oh, and I'm allergic to cats.

I stink.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
Simby, I would like to do you on that bed. :icon_mrgr

BigWilly

Just thoughts, no prayers.
Dec 11, 2004
Lakewood, CO
Don't need it, I don't cuddle with prostitutes.:icon_bigg

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
There's nothing sexier than waking up all sweaty and not only sticking to your bed-mate, but the plastic mattress as well! :D

(but it does look like a cool mattress to sleep on!)

ohhhhh.....plastic mattress not sheets :D
Cool, now I can get enough leverage to deliver that quarter inch she's been missing out on. :icon_mrgr
:haha7::haha7: you read my mind