The Love the Yanks but dont want Arod

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
I am a die hard Yankees fan, and i do not want Arod back, as little Jimmy has said, wow 20 June home runs, wait lets see what he does in the post season..... oooo hes 2-24. God, he is an amazing player with a lot of talent but i do not want him back. He is just not a winner, he's in it for the money and i cant stand the guy.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
54 hr's this past season, 156 rbi's

you could say no one was going to give him the 350 mil and thats why he came crawling back. but id rather think that he was actually conflicted throughout all this and it was Boras manipulating him. if thats the case he made a mistake. but in the end he tried to make it right.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
54 hr's this past season, 156 rbi's

you could say no one was going to give him the 350 mil and thats why he came crawling back. but id rather think that he was actually conflicted throughout all this and it was Boras manipulating him. if thats the case he made a mistake. but in the end he tried to make it right.
i agree that it seems like Boras was manipulating him. There is alot of talk about Arod always looking for a father figure, and that maybe he looked at Boras as one. He probably trusted his judgement. He should have just kept his contract but cause he just comes off so greedy. Its not like he cant take a few million a year and invest it to make up for the 3-5 million a year to make up for the loss of income.

If Arod wants to repair his public image, he should take a contract for less than what he was previously making. That would be a start.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
The yankees didnt lose this post season because Arod didnt hit.
And if he didn't hit during the regular season then they aren't in the playoffs.

Posada and Jeter were the hitting shit machines this year.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Oh and Boras is involved now, but word is it's quite obvious who's working for who now. The preliminary numbers were agreed on without Boras but he's there to work the rest out.

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
I think the whole "in it only for the money" thing is a stupid argument. If someone can get better money somewhere else, why not do it? Granted, the more "likable" players are the ones who will stay with a team despite that fact but I don't think a player should ever be vilified for wanting more money. Especially someone as great as A-Rod.

Cybouncer

Not Fat, Big Boned!
Feb 26, 2006
Long Island, NY
1 or 2 players isn't going to win a championship. Team Chemistry is.

Arod is a great player, maybe one of the greatest of all time. That being said, he's also a cancer to any team which is likely why NOBODY wanted to touch him.

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
1 or 2 players isn't going to win a championship. Team Chemistry is.

Arod is a great player, maybe one of the greatest of all time. That being said, he's also a cancer to any team which is likely why NOBODY wanted to touch him.
part of the reason he is a cancer to teams is that most teams can't pay him and other key players to play around him. you can't blame a-rod for the last 3 years in the playoffs. did he hit well, no. but did anyone else pick the team up either? you can't blame everything on him.
i think the numbers reported sound fair, and he the american league mvp, so how could you not want him back? if the yankess go anywhere this year it will be because of good starting pitching. without good pitching the yankees are doomed like the last few years, no matter how many hrs a-rod hits.

Steam

May 18, 2003
I think the whole "in it only for the money" thing is a stupid argument. If someone can get better money somewhere else, why not do it? Granted, the more "likable" players are the ones who will stay with a team despite that fact but I don't think a player should ever be vilified for wanting more money. Especially someone as great as A-Rod.
I agree with you to an extent on this one.

The problem with ARod is that he went with Texas for the money. Granted he told everyone it was because they had a commitment to winning, Carlos Pena, blah blah blah but it was the money. And hey, that is all well and good but then when he left he said that he wanted to go to a team that gave him the chance to win. Right there with that statement he basically said that now it wasn't all about the money. Hell, the guy even was going to give up some money from his contract to get to Boston.

Then when he opted out it was once again about the money. The fact that he realized that it would lead to a repeat of the Texas situation if he didn't act fast showed to me that at least a part of him wanted to stay in New York.

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I want him back..But Ya think the fans will boo him opening day?

Yup Yanks can't put all there trust on one guy...Your type makes me vomit...Oh he didnt hit in october? So now baseball is a one man game? The whole team has been a let down for the past 5 years....Fuck Arod is the reason why this season was entertaining at least..Watching Arod hit all those Homers this season was great.

And Imo I feel arod trys harder then anyone in the sport...He puts his heart into the game...He actually hussles unlike alot of fucking losers in Major league baseball.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I think it had more to do with the 10 year/300 million contract demand. It's obvious now the Red Sox and Mets told him to go screw, why in the world the Yankees are going to pay 10/280 is beyond me. Of course, they've been pretty stupid with their contract offers this month. 4 years for Posada, 3 years for Rivera. What the F? If you were so unhappy with your team that you basically fired the coach, why are you overpaying to bring the whole roster back? The Yankees have become the worst-run franchise in Baseball basically 8 years running, and it's getting worse.

JimsInfectedEye

That's very hurtful, sir.
May 21, 2005
Philadelphia
The Yankees have become the worst-run franchise in Baseball basically 8 years running, and it's getting worse.
Yup, all those first place finishes can really get a guy down :action-sm

Try being a Phillies fan. At least the Yankees spend money.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
The Yankees have become the worst-run franchise in Baseball basically 8 years running, and it's getting worse.
Yeah, all those playoff appearances suck, and having the highest revenue of any team in any sport.

Oh yeah, and the organizational prospect ranking going from about 25 to 5 in three years.

PartyRock24

Lingering Longer since summer of '06
May 23, 2007
Washington DC
Originally Posted by fandango86
"The Yankees have become the worst-run franchise in Baseball basically 8 years running, and it's getting worse."

You couldnt more off sir,

Perch1019

Oct 4, 2004
White Plains, NY
I think it had more to do with the 10 year/300 million contract demand. It's obvious now the Red Sox and Mets told him to go screw, why in the world the Yankees are going to pay 10/280 is beyond me. Of course, they've been pretty stupid with their contract offers this month. 4 years for Posada, 3 years for Rivera. What the F? If you were so unhappy with your team that you basically fired the coach, why are you overpaying to bring the whole roster back? The Yankees have become the worst-run franchise in Baseball basically 8 years running, and it's getting worse.
You needed to pay Jorge whatever he wanted. If he came asking for 4 years, 60 mil, you give it to him. Jorge goes someone else, we watch Jose Molina start the season. Did you see who the Mets gave a 3 year contract to today? Torrealba. Do you think anyone would have known who the fuck he was without Colorado making the world series? Given they paid dick in comparison to Jorges but your not paying the money. You get a multiple time All Star, a leader and a fan favorite or you get some guy who hit .220 when not at Coors field.
Im sick of hearing how old he is. He just had his best season and show no signs of breaking down at the end. None. Even if hes good for 2, trails off the the 3rd year but then you have someone from the farm ready or you have a replacement in mind.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Not only that, but if he starts breaking down but is still hitting in year three they could always move him to first or make him full time DH.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

They are making a huge mistake,,,They said they wouldn't negotiate with anybody that didn't want to be a Yankee and regardless of what you all think A-Rod opted out because HE wanted more money,,HE wasn't happy, he didn't care about being a yankee, and now he's playing everybody saying how much he want's to be there= yea because nobody would take your contract or your virius that would destroy the best of the best team chemesty.

It's not all S.B. I thought the yankees had grown some balls and were going to put out a gritty team that was full of "TEAM CHEMESTRY," like the sox,,,that's how you win. Get great players who can bring an exciting, positive atmosphere into that clubhouse, it's more fun, and you win championships,,,let the beards grow!:D Get your fucking uniforms dirty! Don't be sissy's you......................... SISSY'S:icon_mrgr

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.

that might be true for the everyday working person but for a guy who was making 25 mil that argument doesnt hold water. how much does someone need? better yet if he wasnt such a douche he would be making a killing in endorsements. no one is worth what he was getting paid let alone ask for more. that said you will find some stupid owner to pay more. oops we just did, welcome to the club young steinbrenner

boras is as greedy as they come. proof is he let his client take another publicity hit and gained nothing. how do you opt out of a contract of that size without having another in your pocket? shame on the yanks for giving him any deal since the last contract had the rangers paying a significant portion. now the spend happy yanks get to pay all 28 mil a year congrats you dumb fucks

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

They are making a huge mistake,,,They said they wouldn't negotiate with anybody that didn't want to be a Yankee and regardless of what you all think A-Rod opted out because HE wanted more money,,HE wasn't happy, he didn't care about being a yankee, and now he's playing everybody saying how much he want's to be there= yea because nobody would take your contract or your virius that would destroy the best of the best team chemesty.

It's not all S.B. I thought the yankees had grown some balls and were going to put out a gritty team that was full of "TEAM CHEMESTRY," like the sox,,,that's how you win. Get great players who can bring an exciting, positive atmosphere into that clubhouse, it's more fun, and you win championships,,,let the beards grow!:D Get your fucking uniforms dirty! Don't be sissy's you......................... SISSY'S:icon_mrgr
He's the one that came to them.

And, team chemistry is irrelevant in baseball. Don't kid yourself that the red sox have it, they change players as often as the Yankees do.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
That part of your post doesn't make sense. The Yanks reduced their original offer by the amount Texas was supposed to pay to make up for the fact that they no longer have the RAngers paying part of his contract for those 3 years. Their original offer would have paid him about $295 million over the next 10 years. Now, over the same 10 years, he's getting about $275 million. So the Yanks are actually paying exactly what they were going to pay if he'd taken their offer before he opted out and A-Rod is getting less than he would have if he'd taken that offer.

And yes, they are still paying him a lot of money, but they also have him on the team when the new stadium opens and will have him on the team if/when he breaks the career HR record, which shouldn't be too hard since he only has to average 24.5 HRs per year over the life of the deal to pass Bonds's tainted mark. That's going to make the team a ton of money.

that might be true for the everyday working person but for a guy who was making 25 mil that argument doesnt hold water. how much does someone need? better yet if he wasnt such a douche he would be making a killing in endorsements. no one is worth what he was getting paid let alone ask for more. that said you will find some stupid owner to pay more. oops we just did, welcome to the club young steinbrenner

boras is as greedy as they come. proof is he let his client take another publicity hit and gained nothing. how do you opt out of a contract of that size without having another in your pocket? shame on the yanks for giving him any deal since the last contract had the rangers paying a significant portion. now the spend happy yanks get to pay all 28 mil a year congrats you dumb fucks

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
N-n-n-n-n-n-no, the Sox have Manny Ramirez, the best team player in all of sports. He's never sat out with minor injuries or imaginary ones and he always plays hard in the field. That's what "Manny being Manny" is all about--100% effort 100% of the time. He's just like Derek Jeter. You know, cuz the Yanks have tried to trade Jeter every year for the past 3 years, too.

He's the one that came to them.

And, team chemistry is irrelevant in baseball. Don't kid yourself that the red sox have it, they change players as often as the Yankees do.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
Yep, you'll see in the next few years as he gets to 600 and so on that the national perception of ARod is going to change big time. Especially if Bonds is in jail.