The Madness of PaulO and the Hero Known As EL JEFE

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
Holy fuck. What bizarre riveting radio today. I was glued to the radio and didn't get a fucking thing done while it was going on.

I really hope PaulO gets the help he needs. Quite frankly he sounded psychotic. Assuming he was only drunk. It reminded me of those really crazy people you'd see in the movies.

And EL JEFE coming to the side of PaulO was fucking great. :clap::clap::clap:
Bravo Sir! He deserves to get hired for that alone.

Here are his plugs:

http://www.hideoutradio.com/

http://www.myspace.com/nextradio

Kid Brock

No longer VegasBrock
Jul 26, 2005
Las Vegas
It was strange as hell, but no way could I turn it off.

Garyisajoke

I created FRED, fuckface. Show some respect.
Nov 20, 2005
D.C.
I felt bad for Paul O. I enjoy his segments whether Gail's there or not. I hope he knows we're fans.

El Jefe, though... what a hero. Clearly he was taking notes when he was working with Bennington at WJFK.

mikek

Fatty made love to a cupcake
Feb 15, 2005
Massachusettsville
Poor fellah- obviously feeling that big Catholic guilt over Gail.

Regardless, R.B. was right- there was no need to bring the cops & EMT's into it; he would've passed out within the hour.

[unrelated]
p.s. if you agree, vote libertarian.
[/unrelated]

pmoney316

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville TN
Haven't felt that weirded out since Gail-O in studio almost a year ago. Started to fear he was being possessed by Chris Benoit.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The perfect example of why Ron and Fez is unlike any radio show ever put on the air.

O+A have another radio personality on the air, they have fun, they have a good time, it's just all around enjoyable. (This isn't a diss.)

R+F have another radio personality on the air. It's because he offered to check the health of their nervous-breakdown-having film critic.

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
The perfect example of why Ron and Fez is unlike any radio show ever put on the air.

O+A have another radio personality on the air, they have fun, they have a good time, it's just all around enjoyable. (This isn't a diss.)

R+F have another radio personality on the air. It's because he offered to check the health of their nervous-breakdown-having film critic.
Good post - well said. Love ONA too.

It gives me shivers to think about the strangeness of it all. The fact that El Jefe happened to live 10 mins away from PaulO, called in, went over there, and was caught up in this surreal situation. El Jefe, one of the best show friends. Wow.

They also talked about the strange/sad situations of other show friends.

Elfish: Has been suicidal, drug addict, been in and out of the nut hut recently.

Black Earl: Last year had constant fainting spells. Is currently having problems outside of the show (which would explain why he is getting soft treatment for his stupid bet).

Fez: Issues with depression and crying on the show.

Dave: Anger management issues, jealously issues, and is currently slumping on the show.

Alkey: Recovering now, but had a part of his colon removed due to health problems.

GailO: Passed away due to health problems and serious mental issues.

PaulO: Serious mental issues.

Billy Staples: Serious health issues related to drinking.

Al Dukes: Although now fine - he once crawled under a desk and cried after being tricked into kissing a man.

Big A: Tumor in his neck.

Kane/Pyle: Serious mental issues - mentioned that VT guy and has been banned from the show.

El Jefe: Health issues, his belly button is leaking fluid.

Damn - that's a lot. Am I missing anyone?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Good post - well said. Love ONA too.
Damn - that's a lot. Am I missing anyone?
Ron- well- pre WNEW.

Baby Love- sad, sad, scribbler.

Irish Alkey and his medical problems.

Bobo- he talked today how he's suffered problems before.

Maflia Life Chris and living his delusions.

Mikey D- HE BROKE HIS DICK EARL!!!!

Sep 23, 2004
god, i hope Paul isn't suicidal. i love Paul O man, get better buddy.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
WOW, I am listening to the show right now! Sorry he said that about Wackbag, he did not have to, but, he was drunk!

Had I been home listening to this live, I would have driven over there, I am only about 30 minutes from them.

I am cringing big time!

Sep 23, 2004
WOW, I am listening to the show right now! Sorry he said that about Wackbag, he did not have to, but, he was drunk!

Had I been home listening to this live, I would have driven over there, I am only about 30 minutes from them.

I am cringing big time!
this might have been worse than any Gail rant. goddam, i am kinda worried, i always loved Paul O on the show. Such a kind man, it is heart breaking.

blee

Will Drink Today
Dec 9, 2004
western ny
As soon as he came on I told my coworker that he was probably possessed by Gail-O. It ALMOST made me want to not drink tonight:D.

chickenfinger

Drink The Kool Aid! Drink It!
Nov 23, 2006
You all have seen the original Men In Black movie. Remember the farmer, played by Vincent D'Onofrio, that got turned into a skin suit by the giant alien cockroach? Anyway, the zombie chick that played his wife. Was that Mel? Shit, I kept expecting PaulO to tell her to get him a glass of sugar water!

I found her monotone, one word answers annoying.

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
2 points

Maybe Gails death finally caught up to Paul and he just tried to drown his sorrows. Most of us have probably been there at one point in our lives. It was definately have to listen to radio.

I listened to R&F before O&A, I love both shows, but R&F seems to be a big dysfunctional family that we are all a part of, and that's why a lot of will not miss a minute of their show, but will listen to O&A in bits and pieces with the replays.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I found her monotone, one word answers annoying.
Yeah, she should have been gabby during Paul's apparently weeklong breakdown. Fuck her for being scared/stressed/nervous. She should have asked Ron and Fez how they were doing, talk about her plans for that evening, etc..

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
As soon as he came on I told my coworker that he was probably possessed by Gail-O. It ALMOST made me want to not drink tonight:D.
thank GOD you came to your senses!!

:drunk:

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
That sums it up exactly. Today was shocking. Ron & Fez have some of the most riveting radio I have ever heard. I have never heard a show before with so many people's raw emotions pouring out over the air. Time and time again we are able to glimpse into damaged hearts and minds. It is a brilliant comedy show first, but it is also the best soap opera drama going as well. I can't get enough.

As for Ron, I think the demons, fears and depression of those around him help him at times to maintain his recovery. Lets face it, in any other situation Ron would be the guy everyone felt they have to keep an eye on. With this crew, ROn is forced to be the responsible, sober, logical thinker in the group and knows he can't ever allow himself the chance to relapse otherwise the whole fucking thing will come down. He's a pretty fucking amazing guy...oh yeah, and a hero.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Jan 13, 2005
Middletown NJ
Regardless, R.B. was right- there was no need to bring the cops & EMT's into it; he would've passed out within the hour.
I don't know man. I've seen a lot of bad drunks over the years, but never heard anyone sound like that. He really sounded like he was caught in a death spiral. I think the cops showing up definitely helped ground him. It not only made him calm down, but I think it woke him up a bit. I think without that intervention he definitely would have continued drinking hard, and who knows what left over Gail O. pills were on board as well. He sounded like he was on his way to alcohol poisoning or an OD. Obviously he is a grown man and should be responsible for himself and Ron can't play daddy and protect him all the time, but today sounded like one of those perfect storms in which someone can wind up dead.

ern

Hiding behind my keyboard
Jan 25, 2006
I found myself chuckling when you heard him ask mel if there were any guns. And Ron B. telling him what did he think he was a cop? And he replied that he was concerned for mel and the dogs safety...in that order.

chickenfinger

Drink The Kool Aid! Drink It!
Nov 23, 2006
Yeah, she should have been gabby during Paul's apparently weeklong breakdown. Fuck her for being scared/stressed/nervous. She should have asked Ron and Fez how they were doing, talk about her plans for that evening, etc..
Exactly! God she was boring.

Jan 22, 2007
LI
Yeah it was a hell of a show, and el jefe plays a damn good cop

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I listened to R&F before O&A, I love both shows, but R&F seems to be a big dysfunctional family that we are all a part of, and that's why a lot of will not miss a minute of their show, but will listen to O&A in bits and pieces with the replays.
This is a very good point. Opie and Anthony are two normal guys with a radio show. That isn't a knock on them, they just happen to be normal.

Ron and Fez, well, aren't. It's a show by, about, and for people with so much various issues. And not just your normal "crazy" definition but legitimate psychological/personal issues that shape who they are. O+A might draw more of the wild and crazy crowd, but R+F deal with the people whose emotional problems form the core of their being. You can tell Fez has it, we've known Ron had problems in the past, and that's why the show strikes such a chord with us.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Very bizarre show today. I love my booze but I dont think i've ever been like that on booze before...the guy lost his fucking mind

RMPGP

Feb 16, 2006
That sums it up exactly. Today was shocking. Ron & Fez have some of the most riveting radio I have ever heard. I have never heard a show before with so many people's raw emotions pouring out over the air. Time and time again we are able to glimpse into damaged hearts and minds. It is a brilliant comedy show first, but it is also the best soap opera drama going as well. I can't get enough.

As for Ron, I think the demons, fears and depression of those around him help him at times to maintain his recovery. Lets face it, in any other situation Ron would be the guy everyone felt they have to keep an eye on. With this crew, ROn is forced to be the responsible, sober, logical thinker in the group and knows he can't ever allow himself the chance to relapse otherwise the whole fucking thing will come down. He's a pretty fucking amazing guy...oh yeah, and a hero.
:clap::clap::clap:

I am cringing big time!
I wasn't cringing - I was worried for the man. It did sound seriously terrifying. In that state, if he had gotten violent, things could have really gotten crazy and tragic quickly. Jefe has balls for doing what he did.

I don't know man. I've seen a lot of bad drunks over the years, but never heard anyone sound like that. He really sounded like he was caught in a death spiral. I think the cops showing up definitely helped ground him. It not only made him calm down, but I think it woke him up a bit. I think without that intervention he definitely would have continued drinking hard, and who knows what left over Gail O. pills were on board as well. He sounded like he was on his way to alcohol poisoning or an OD. Obviously he is a grown man and should be responsible for himself and Ron can't play daddy and protect him all the time, but today sounded like one of those perfect storms in which someone can wind up dead.
Agree. Ron's point is that he's not the baby sitter of the show. He did send Jefe over there to assess the situation and that was the right thing. Bobo was worried and sounded panicky and I think that was frustrating for Ron since it cast some type of blame on him. But Ron handled it perfectly. He's so fucking cool headed it's amazing. And kudos for Fez for keeping his wits about him and throwing some much needed humor at various moments.

I found myself chuckling when you heard him ask mel if there were any guns. And Ron B. telling him what did he think he was a cop? And he replied that he was concerned for mel and the dogs safety...in that order.
That was great. And when PaulO said "FUCK JEFE" in the background Jefe sarcastically said "Hey!" made me chuckle.

BTW Here is how El Jefe was dressed when he showed up to fix the situation: