I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Okay. That could work.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
@Pigdango is going to be so pissed if the Mando is Sabine Wren.

She's Mando, we know she's around post Jedi, they have done nothing with her character but the last we saw of her she was on a mission to find Ezra.

And Favreau recently posted a picture on instragram of him and the creator of Rebels at Skywalker Ranch.

And they havevlooted the animated shows a few times already. The fanbase for those shows are in their late teens to early 20s now, which is the money demo.

Just sayin'.

For the record, I really hope not. I want something all new.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I'll take "The Mandalorean" for 800, Alex.

What is what you would get if you crossed a Delorean with the Mandrell Sisters?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
@Pigdango is going to be so pissed if the Mando is Sabine Wren.

She's Mando, we know she's around post Jedi, they have done nothing with her character but the last we saw of her she was on a mission to find Ezra.

And Favreau recently posted a picture on instragram of him and the creator of Rebels at Skywalker Ranch.

And they havevlooted the animated shows a few times already. The fanbase for those shows are in their late teens to early 20s now, which is the money demo.

Just sayin'.

For the record, I really hope not. I want something all new.
Actually I think that would be kind of cool. There’s a big difference in doing that, where they would have 10 episodes to (re)establish her character for people that never watched Rebels, and doing something like “Rey’s mother is Ashoka Tuna!! Cue the dramatic music while everyone says ‘WHO?!?’” Plus - tv to tv is fine due to similar small audience size, where tv to movie is not fine.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Actually I think that would be kind of cool. There’s a big difference in doing that, where they would have 10 episodes to (re)establish her character for people that never watched Rebels, and doing something like “Rey’s mother is Ashoka Tuna!! Cue the dramatic music while everyone says ‘WHO?!?’” Plus - tv to tv is fine due to similar small audience size, where tv to movie is not fine.
I don't think there's a problem using characters or concepts from other parts of the universe. But if they're jumping from smaller to bigger, a) they pretty much need to introduce the character from square 1 because hardly anyone is going to go back and watch and read hours of material and b) the nichier audience needs to accept that it won't be 100% their character.

Look at what happened with Darth Maul in Solo. That entire scene was confusing for 95% of the audience because they forgot to set up anything related to his re-appearance.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I don't think there's a problem using characters or concepts from other parts of the universe. But if they're jumping from smaller to bigger, a) they pretty much need to introduce the character from square 1 because hardly anyone is going to go back and watch and read hours of material and b) the nichier audience needs to accept that it won't be 100% their character.

Look at what happened with Darth Maul in Solo. That entire scene was confusing for 95% of the audience because they forgot to set up anything related to his re-appearance.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Huh, okay then. I wasn't expecting that.

On the flip side, they wouldn't really have to change the character. After the first season, Rebels heavily skewed adult.

But you're right. They would need to figure out some way to introduce her.

Then again, it's a pretty clean break. If they were clever with the script they could reveal who she is and who she's looking for over several episodes as part of the plot.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
That's not her.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
So the Boba Fett movie has to be officially dead now.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Wait...what's wrong with that?
FYI: Piggy tries to avoid Sharks in public and going grey gives them some camouflage.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
I just recently re-watched "The Chef" and have zero faith in this as consequence.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Obviously not her but it doesn't mean she isn't in the series.
That was just a 1st look teaser pic and could have been any Mandalorian.
It doesn't mean it had to be a shot of the main character.
All true.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Um a) the colors are still wrong, b) her breasts are the wrong size, c) the antenna is on the wrong side of the helmet, and d) that's not the way someone who fought the Krellicks of Sandovar would stand.

Either you do it 100% correct, including using the elements from the limited edition comics only available for two weeks five years ago and the stuff in the novels including the stuff that contradicts other stuff in other novels, or why even bother? You're doing Star Wars. You need slavish accuracy to details only known to .0001% of the audience.