TV The Mandalorian: A Star Wars TV Series - Disney Streaming

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
They officially announced it stars Narcos: Kingsman. Which is better than if it starred Narcos: Predator. But not as good as Narcos: Luis.
That’s awesome.

What the hell is Narcos?

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
That’s awesome.

What the hell is Narcos?
A Netflix show. It's about a guy named Johnny Narcos.

Narcos: Kingsman is that guy from Kingsman 2 who replaced Channing Tatum who left like he was the break out star of a TV series three seasons in.
Narcos: Predator is that guy from The Predator. Sergeant Guy Man.
Narcos: Luis is Michael Pena.

LiddyRules

Action legend Carl Weathers, documentary filmmaker Werner Herzog, “Breaking Bad” star Giancarlo Esposito, veteran Nick Nolte and rising actors Omid Abtahi (“American Gods”) and Emily Swallow (“Supernatural”) have all been announced as joining Pedro Pascal and Gina Carano in Jon Favreau’s live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian”.

Action legend Carl Weathers, documentary filmmaker Werner Herzog, “Breaking Bad” star Giancarlo Esposito, veteran Nick Nolte and rising actors Omid Abtahi (“American Gods”) and Emily Swallow (“Supernatural”) have all been announced as joining Pedro Pascal and Gina Carano in Jon Favreau’s live-action “Star Wars” series “The Mandalorian”.
Giancarlo Esposito joins the dark side once the Empire brings him back to life Vader style after he's nearly killed by a Carl Weathers, Nick Nolte, and Werner Herzog wheelchair bomb trifecta. Fucking guy falls for it again!

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Giancarlo Esposito joins the dark side once the Empire brings him back to life Vader style after he's nearly killed by a Carl Weathers, Nick Nolte, and Werner Herzog wheelchair bomb trifecta. Fucking guy falls for it again!
This is all prep for the sonic the hedgehog, breaking bad, Solo cross over.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
But did you know IG-88 is in it too?
Wouldn't R5D4 have been destroyed on Tatooine? Either by the Jawas when it became obvious he was broken, or by the Stormtroopers when they ransacked the Sandcrawler?

Why am I putting any thought into the fate of R5D4?

LiddyRules

Wouldn't R5D4 have been destroyed on Tatooine? Either by the Jawas when it became obvious he was broken, or by the Stormtroopers when they ransacked the Sandcrawler?

Why am I putting any thought into the fate of R5D4?
Looks like someone didn't read the R5D4 comic series.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
I wouldn't mind if the R5 story was a sidebar on an overall story arc that takes The Mandalorian (TM) to the ruins of Jabba's palace, the Sarlacc pit, Tosche Station and the cantina.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
For all the faults of Episode VII, at least they had the wherewithal to create new characters. Sure, they were just updated reskins of existing characters, but it wasn't something we'd already seen in 1981. Every time they bring an old character up, it makes the universe seem smaller and smaller. Marvel keeps building their universe out and makes it seem bigger, even when we see familiar characters. Star Wars makes it seem like there's only been about 20 characters in the whole universe that we can possibly pay attention to.

LiddyRules

For all the faults of Episode VII, at least they had the wherewithal to create new characters. Sure, they were just updated reskins of existing characters, but it wasn't something we'd already seen in 1981. Every time they bring an old character up, it makes the universe seem smaller and smaller. Marvel keeps building their universe out and makes it seem bigger, even when we see familiar characters. Star Wars makes it seem like there's only been about 20 characters in the whole universe that we can possibly pay attention to.
BUT I DON'T KNOW NEW CHARACTERS!! I KNOW OLDE CHARACTER!!! MEE TOOOYS!!! ME TOOOOYS!!!

Listen. I spent $500 on a movie accurate R5D4. The craftsmanship is impeccable. This means it was not a fool hardy purchase.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
BUT I DON'T KNOW NEW CHARACTERS!! I KNOW OLDE CHARACTER!!! MEE TOOOYS!!! ME TOOOOYS!!!

Listen. I spent $500 on a movie accurate R5D4. The craftsmanship is impeccable. This means it was not a fool hardy purchase.
It's important to memorialize the droid that wasn't good enough for 1977 and make him a thing 40 years fucking later.

LiddyRules

It's important to memorialize the droid that wasn't good enough for 1977 and make him a thing 40 years fucking later.
If he didn't fail, Luke doesn't get R2 and then where would the galaxy be? Can't answer that can you, in your ivory freakin tower.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
If he didn't fail, Luke doesn't get R2 and then where would the galaxy be? Can't answer that can you, in your ivory freakin tower.
Okay, so then Luke goes home with a droid that can actually help his father out with the moisture farming who doesn't wander out in the middle of the night to bring a message to Obi Wan. R2D2 could figure out a new way to escape and make it to Obi Wan, or he gets decomissioned and sold for scrap. If so, Alderaan still gets blown to shit and Leia gives up Dantooine as the rebel base and the Empire moves to that solar system to destroy that planet too. The existence of the rebel base, however, is NOT compromised because no tracker was put on the Millennium Falcon because there's no Luke to go rescue. So Dantooine is destroyed but then the rebels are still free to plot an attack from their secret base on the moon by Yavin IV.
At some point, the rebels, knowing that they had already sent Jyn Erso to get this secret information, are wondering why they trusted the key Death Star weaknesses to a flash drive plugged into an R2 unit that was picked up by scavengers as soon as it hit. They might try a salvage mission to try to get the wreckage of the Correllian Cruiser because surely that data was cached on there somewhere, and since the whole empire is floating around Dantooine now, one imagines that it wouldn't be that hard to find some sort of black-box hard drive that received the little missile-through-hole icon that broke everything wide open for the Rebellion. Of course then they could try another assault on the death star if they finally get the information that way, and assuming Porkins gets his act together and uses his targeting system like a pro instead of the farm boy who had to talk to some guy who cut his dad's legs off and acted like he didn't know who he was to get the shot off, they still destroy the death star.
Now the Empire has no death star and no knowledge still of the Yavin IV base because Han Solo just goes on being a 'famous' smuggler so he doesn't get captured in Bespin and sent to Jabba, but the Bothans can still sacrifice themselves to bring the Rebellion the knowledge that the new construction of the Death Star is protected by a moon shield. There's no Han Solo or Lando, so now it's up to Admiral Ackbar to fly the routes while someone else handles the stuff on the ground. Are they successful? Maybe, maybe not, but since the Empire never caught on to their base, they've still got a safe base of operations to keep trying this shit and pull back if unsuccessful.

Seems like things work out better.

LiddyRules

Okay, so then Luke goes home with a droid that can actually help his father out with the moisture farming who doesn't wander out in the middle of the night to bring a message to Obi Wan. R2D2 could figure out a new way to escape and make it to Obi Wan, or he gets decomissioned and sold for scrap. If so, Alderaan still gets blown to shit and Leia gives up Dantooine as the rebel base and the Empire moves to that solar system to destroy that planet too. The existence of the rebel base, however, is NOT compromised because no tracker was put on the Millennium Falcon because there's no Luke to go rescue. So Dantooine is destroyed but then the rebels are still free to plot an attack from their secret base on the moon by Yavin IV.
At some point, the rebels, knowing that they had already sent Jyn Erso to get this secret information, are wondering why they trusted the key Death Star weaknesses to a flash drive plugged into an R2 unit that was picked up by scavengers as soon as it hit. They might try a salvage mission to try to get the wreckage of the Correllian Cruiser because surely that data was cached on there somewhere, and since the whole empire is floating around Dantooine now, one imagines that it wouldn't be that hard to find some sort of black-box hard drive that received the little missile-through-hole icon that broke everything wide open for the Rebellion. Of course then they could try another assault on the death star if they finally get the information that way, and assuming Porkins gets his act together and uses his targeting system like a pro instead of the farm boy who had to talk to some guy who cut his dad's legs off and acted like he didn't know who he was to get the shot off, they still destroy the death star.
Now the Empire has no death star and no knowledge still of the Yavin IV base because Han Solo just goes on being a 'famous' smuggler so he doesn't get captured in Bespin and sent to Jabba, but the Bothans can still sacrifice themselves to bring the Rebellion the knowledge that the new construction of the Death Star is protected by a moon shield. There's no Han Solo or Lando, so now it's up to Admiral Ackbar to fly the routes while someone else handles the stuff on the ground. Are they successful? Maybe, maybe not, but since the Empire never caught on to their base, they've still got a safe base of operations to keep trying this shit and pull back if unsuccessful.

Seems like things work out better.
@BIV ?