The Many Saints of Newark - David Chase's Sopranos Prequel Film

Okay, I looked it up.The Newark Riots were 1967 and Tony Soprano was "born" in 1959, so he would be 8. Michael is 19, but who wants a series about an 8-year-old Tony?

Actually, now that I think about it, "Lil Sopranos" starring an 8-year-old Ton' might be hilarious. What a great children's show.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Okay, I looked it up.The Newark Riots were 1967 and Tony Soprano was "born" in 1959, so he would be 8. Michael is 19, but who wants a series about an 8-year-old Tony?

Actually, now that I think about it, "Lil Sopranos" starring an 8-year-old Ton' might be hilarious. What a great children's show.
That's what I thought. I pegged him at around 10.

And that's what I wanted this movie to be. "Lil Tony Soprano meet Lil Tony Walnuts."

LiddyRules

"My datter Lil Carmela Soprano will never marry that no good Lil Tony Soprano. She'll be with a nice boy! Like Lil Stevie Van Zandt! Now look at Lil Johnny Cakes over there, mincing, making fun of the broads. He's all man!"

Last edited:

LiddyRules

In all seriousness, I would be more interested in the movie if it was a 10 year old Tony Soprano. Him being a fourth tier character in his really formative years is something I'd rather see than him as an adult taking part in this.

I would also give the movie all the credit possible if as soon as the riots are about to begin, it cuts to black and silence.

Fred West

I'm fine with whatever Chase is happy with. If Gandolfini jr passed his test, so be it.

LiddyRules

I'm fine with whatever Chase is happy with. If Gandolfini jr passed his test, so be it.
I got it. He's 19 but playing 8. So short pants, suspenders, and helicopter beanie. But all of his friends are actually 8 year olds.

Warner Bros Dates ‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘Newark’ For Fall 2020
  • Anthony D'Alessandro
  • March 14, 2019
New Line’s Sopranos prequel feature will hit theaters on September 25, 2020. The movie’s current working title is Newark(nee The Many Saints of Newark). The Sopranos series creator David Chase is co-producing and writing with Lawrence Konner.

LiddyRules

Warner Bros Dates ‘Sopranos’ Prequel ‘Newark’ For Fall 2020
  • Anthony D'Alessandro
  • March 14, 2019
New Line’s Sopranos prequel feature will hit theaters on September 25, 2020. The movie’s current working title is Newark(nee The Many Saints of Newark). The Sopranos series creator David Chase is co-producing and writing with Lawrence Konner.
Johnny Chantix is also in the movie.