The Mist

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Anybody see this movie yet ? I read the story, part of "Skeleton Crew", about 20 years ago and have been waiting for the movie ever since. I'm kind of glad they waited until now, instead of having it with "Creepshow", in the age of shitty special FX.

One thing I thought of what they should do at the end, zoom out and eventually show the earth from space covered in mist. That would be a great ending. The book ended with them just driving seeking an end to the mist.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Anybody see this movie yet ? I read the story, part of "Skeleton Crew", about 20 years ago and have been waiting for the movie ever since. I'm kind of glad they waited until now, instead of having it with "Creepshow", in the age of shitty special FX.

One thing I thought of what they should do at the end, zoom out and eventually show the earth from space covered in mist. That would be a great ending. The book ended with them just driving seeking an end to the mist.
Dude, trust me. The new ending is fucking awesome. I don't quite say it's better than the one in the book, but it's goddamn good.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I read the story and loved it, (I'm a huge King fan anyway), and I'm actually going to see the movie tonight, hopefully it will measure up to the novella's quality.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Just got back, and I have to say it was a pretty damn good movie. All the actors did a good job, Thomas Jane did a great job, IMO. I liked the ending very much, I don't know if it measures up to the book's ending, but it was pleasing. I'd recommend it to King fans and anyone who likes a good creepy flick, very good movie all around.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
I loved it. Did anyone else notice that in the opening scene he was painting what appeared to be a movie poster for "The Dark Tower"?

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
Dude, trust me. The new ending is fucking awesome. I don't quite say it's better than the one in the book, but it's goddamn good.
I never read the story, but I just got back from the movie- Damn, what a great horror flick!! Best horror/suspense movie in I don't know how long. Can't think of one that compares right now. Just was amazing.
I was wondering how the book ended, and seems the movie ending was actually better IMO than the one mentioned here. Just great.
Yeah, I'm gushing.
Can't wait to hear the boys talk about it, especially since the director was there.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Just read an article about how King likes this ending better than the book ending.

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
Just read an article about how King likes this ending better than the book ending.
I'm not surprised. It is pretty cool. Not beyond some critism, but very cool! and nice to hear such honesty from Mr King.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
I loved it. Did anyone else notice that in the opening scene he was painting what appeared to be a movie poster for "The Dark Tower"?
Same, great flick. Yeah, I noticed that too. He was painting Roland from the Dark Tower and in the background if you noticed, he had painted the poster for The Thing. And, finally, I know this is a stretch, but they mentioned he painted "movie posters", so I'm hoping that's a hint towards a Dark Tower movie.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Dark Towers Movie!?!?!?!? No fucking way,,,,that would be the greatest ever! I have only read the Dark Towers that he wrote for his short stories book (also has 1408 in it), called "the road virus heads north," great book.

So before I dereail the thread I just wanted to say im going to the movie tonight and can't wait! I loved 1408 and was excited to see the changes he made from the book to the movie (was hoping for it to be as authentic as possiable), and I thought the movie was great!

So= what is the order of the Dark Towers series?

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (1982)
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands (1991)
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass (1997)
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla (2003)
The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah (2004)
The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (2004)

I've still only read the first 4, and that was a while ago. Good stuff, though.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger (1982)
The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three (1987)
The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands (1991)
The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass (1997)
The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla (2003)
The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah (2004)
The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (2004)

I've still only read the first 4, and that was a while ago. Good stuff, though.
Great series, I just finished it recently, stick to it, and the ending of the whole thing will please you. I highly reccomend it.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Holy shit....The Mist fucking owned....Best ending ever.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
Dark Towers Movie!?!?!?!? No fucking way,,,,that would be the greatest ever! I have only read the Dark Towers that he wrote for his short stories book (also has 1408 in it), called "the road virus heads north," great book.

So before I dereail the thread I just wanted to say im going to the movie tonight and can't wait! I loved 1408 and was excited to see the changes he made from the book to the movie (was hoping for it to be as authentic as possiable), and I thought the movie was great!

The book you're thinking of Everything's Eventual (the title of the short story collection, and also a story in it), and the short story is "The Sisters Of Eluria"...or something like that.

Obviously, the order of the stories are 1-7 :action-sm

Honestly, though....you can pretty much skip The Waste Lands (3), aside from finally bringing a character into the fold, the novel doesn't do SHIT for the series. Well...actually, there's one other important plot point, but it's nothing you can't pick up from a Cliff's Notes version...the novel, on a whole, sucks.

I would suggest reading most of his other novels first (not that I'm assuming you haven't), as he tries to tie every character he's ever even thought of into the Dark Tower series. It's a great idea, but doesn't always work out so well.

Oh, and to keep it on topic (too late), the novel ends with:

the crew ending up in a hotel where they get a ham radio and hear a single word - "Hartford", so they start heading that way, hoping for the best, not sure of what is going to happen.....as opposed to the movie ending which
isn't as open-ended

Yep, I'm a trivia-laden fanboy.

Dre

(Insert Witty Line Here)
Mar 11, 2006
Facing a monitor.
Yep, I'm a trivia-laden fanboy.
Same, I have such a King obsession it's not even funny. Great books, I still got like 1 or 2 of the most recent ones to read, (Lisey's Story etc.), but other than that I've read all of his books.

Bunny™

The mod who didn't
Staff member
Jun 12, 2005
Li'l Rhody
I've read the story many times, I just want to see if the movie is close to how I imagined it.

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
I've read the story many times, I just want to see if the movie is close to how I imagined it.
I think you will be satisfied. I never read it, but the movie was really well done. The whole thing was just good scary fun. I read somewhere that Mr. King actually likes the movie ending better than his books.

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
Same, I have such a King obsession it's not even funny. Great books, I still got like 1 or 2 of the most recent ones to read, (Lisey's Story etc.), but other than that I've read all of his books.
I like this with Dean R. Koonts books. I've read about 35 of 'em. Great stuff.

Trippy

GO TEAM PESTS!!
Mar 4, 2005
I just saw the movie and i was pleased on how fucking good it was!

Now i wanna read the story.....

Shane1V

Eggnog Flavored Cum
Jun 8, 2004
Brooklyn
I just saw the movie and i was pleased on how fucking good it was!

Now i wanna read the story.....
Yeah, I felt great after seeing it! Just so pleasantly surprised.

I wish Dean Koontz could get his movies that well made. He has some fantastic books that could be great movies but they just come out like B-movies unfortunetly. I'd like this director and screenwriter to take one on.