• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

The Moment you Stopped Being a Fan

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
So I just heard the first song from the Lou Reed/Metallica horseshit collaboration of the decade, and I'm no longer a Metallica fan. Maybe if they'd put it out as a Hetfield/Ulrich/Reed joint I wouldn't feel so strongly, but to get poor Kirk involved and call it "Metallica" - Nah, I'm done.

It got me thinking - what bands are you no longer a fan of, and is there one moment/song/album that made you say "Enough"

Queensryche was one of my favorite bands in the 90's. Things got progressively worse over the past 10 years, but I still bought their shit and went to their concerts. Until they did this:

[YT]2aPl_CeV_SA[/YT]

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing, here's the scoop: They made an album about soldiers, and this song is about a dad leaving his kid behind. It starts off kind of nice, but then the lead singer's tone-deaf kid starts singing. Yes, his real kid. To say it's bad does it no justice at all. It's nice that he loves his daughter, but she stinks.

If you want to hear the exact moment I stopped being a Queensryche fan, go to 3:23 of the video.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I think it happened after they signed their last contract and bitched the day after.

Fustercluck

Jul 25, 2005
FEMA Region 9
First episode of this season's Burn Notice. As soon as i saw michael was back in Miami and fucking jessie was back as well, i turned it off and haven't bothered to go back.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
So I just heard the first song from the Lou Reed/Metallica horseshit collaboration of the decade, and I'm no longer a Metallica fan. Maybe if they'd put it out as a Hetfield/Ulrich/Reed joint I wouldn't feel so strongly, but to get poor Kirk involved and call it "Metallica" - Nah, I'm done. .
I guess you just have to be a fan of the right people, to avoid being disillusioned. Metallica are well known for "evolving with the times", as opposed to believing in who they are and sticking to it. You shouldn't be a fan of anyone like that to begin with.

Good artists don't really pull that kind of shit. A person has to believe in who he is and what he stands for, before he can be a good artist.

(Don't get me wrong, I used to like all kinds of horseshit that I stopped liking once my tastes matured. But I think I'm passed that. I'm pretty sure I'll die still liking the artists I like now - and that, with small exceptions, they'll keep creating the kind of art I like until they die.)

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
With Metallica, even though I didn't like Load and Reload, I started to find them annoying during their fight Napster. Then came St. Anger and how pathetic they looked in the Same Kind of Monster Documentary. Finding out how they treated Jason Newsted while he was in the band made realize how big a douchebags both Lars and James were. The only person I respect in that band is Robert Trujillo.

Sep 28, 2010
I don't get too hung up on taking things personally if a band puts out something I don't like or goes in a certain direction.

I just can't stand when I have to wait 5-6 years in between albums because of some self serving cheese dick project like Puscifer or when I'm anxious for some Tool news and the only thing I can find is a news clip about Maynard James Keenan making his wine...........rolley eyes.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
With Metallica, even though I didn't like Load and Reload, I started to find them annoying during their fight Napster. Then came St. Anger and how pathetic they looked in the Same Kind of Monster Documentary. Finding out how they treated Jason Newsted while he was in the band made realize how big a douchebags both Lars and James were. The only person I respect in that band is Robert Trujillo.
I don't feel bad for Newsted, he made millions & lived a great life
He was more than compensated for his time & hassles
But I am glad Hetfield was shown for being a huge dick bec everyone just thought it was Lars

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I can't go as far as saying I "stopped being a fan", but...

..Rush's load of mostly boring preachy horseshit 'Snakes and Arrows' album made me angry on a level I never felt before with a band I grew up with and practically worshipped. I kept trying to give it a chance like the rest of the uber-fans urged but couldn't get more than 2 minutes into any given song before skipping to the next one. I almost tossed the CD out of the car window at one point.

At least the tour (minus the new songs) was good.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
The only time Metallica has done any wrong was St Anger. Granted, that was a whole lotta wrong.

I've come to the conclusion that most of the whiners just like how they felt when they introduced people to a "cool underground band, maaan", and seeing that cool underground band reach mainstream status just makes them wish they could take credit for every. single. person who ended up liking them, and they realized in hindsight they blew their opportunity to be the cool inside hookup guy, and they've always been bitter about that.

I don't buy for a second that these twits have nearly as much "respect for the genre and good music/art" that they claim.

DerFuhrerScooby

I poop too much
Feb 1, 2009
Kansas. Where common sense goes to die.
This.

Some Kind of Monster was like hot needles to my eyeball.

Whiny, coddled millionaires are going to therapy.

Yep, that's metal all right.

Loved Trujillo in ST, but lost a lot of respect from me
because he wasn't smart enough to steer clear of the Metallica job.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I still listen to the first four albums and Garage inc. The rest are garbage.
Yup.

I still got the Black album, but it was one of those that I listened to once, then the radio made me hate it.

Whoever posted "Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire" made me laugh... Everything after Black was dogshit, and Black was about half shit.

Top Bottom