The Mother Of All Emulators

SallieTomato

Here'sh The Thing
Jul 25, 2012
SOL.3
It's called MESS: Multi Emulator Super System
What MAME does for arcade games, MESS does for .... everything.

Instead of having to deal with seperate emus for this console or that computer or the other arcade game,
MESS's goal is to be the one single solitary emulator that runs everything from Magnavox Odyssey,
to the ATARI 2600, Intellivision, ColecoVision, the 8-/16-bit consoles, the Apple ][,
all the Commodore 8-bitters [PET/VIC-20/64/etc.], the AMIGA, the ST, PC-AT/XT,
68000-based Macintoshes, GameBoy, GameGear, Lynx and everything else in between.
Yes, even that shitty black & white handheld from Tiger Electronics called ".somethingorother".

Progress is being made with the final goal being to have MESS runable in any browser -- no app downloading necessary.
MESS even includes the legally obtained ROMs for each of the various machines plus an on-screen virtual keyboard.
All you have to do is pick a platform from a drop down menu,
then pick a game from that platform's own drop down menu & play.

MESS

Works great on iPad, too!

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
I doubt it. They can't even a single device emulator that gets everything right.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
could they have chosen more boring/bad games in the demo screen cap?

My friend recently made me a custom XBox that has a bunch of emulators on it...NES, SNES, N64, Atari 2600/7800, Coleco, arcade, Turbo Grafix, PS1, Virtual Boy, Sega, etc etc. I don't have enough years left in my life to play every game that's on it.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
Shitloads of great games on the C64, too many for HBB to list. Loderunner, Cyberpunk, Autoduel, Ultima 2 and 4, Wasteland, Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday, Starfleet Battles, Roadwars 2000 and Europa were some of my favorites. Not to mention all Scumm based games from Lucas Arts. The only thing that sucked was the really really long load times, sometimes 10-15 minutes to load a game.

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Yeah, there was one or two :action-sm
Shitloads of great games on the C64, too many for HBB to list. Loderunner, Cyberpunk, Autoduel, Ultima 2 and 4, Wasteland, Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday, Starfleet Battles, Roadwars 2000 and Europa were some of my favorites. Not to mention all Scumm based games from Lucas Arts. The only thing that sucked was the really really long load times, sometimes 10-15 minutes to load a game.
Well ok then. Looks better than Atari but worse than NES. I'm in. Let's get a C64 party going.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
They really stretched the capabilities of the old 8 bit hardware to digitize real audio. As crappy and distorted as it was it blew me away at the time.

Sent from my SHARP-ADS1 using Tapatalk 2

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
Well ok then. Looks better than Atari but worse than NES. I'm in. Let's get a C64 party going.
The C-64 smashed the NES.

Just before the format took a shit they released arguably the two most technically accomplished games of the time, TURRICAN 2 and LAST NINJA 3.