The next remake on the list: 'Hellraiser'

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
Following the recent success of the "Halloween" remake, Dimension is moving ahead on reinventing "Hellraiser," setting Julien Maury and Alexandre Bustillo to write and direct the remake of one of horrormeister's Clive Barker's best-known creations.

Released in 1987, "Hellraiser" told the story of an unfaithful wife who attempts to assist her dead lover in his escape from hell. The movie introduced viewers to a race of demons called Cenobites, most notably one nicknamed Pinhead -- who became one of the most enduring horror characters of the decade -- who was summoned using an antique puzzle box.

Based on Barker's critically acclaimed novella "The Hellbound Heart," "Hellraiser" was written and directed by Barker and spawned a lucrative film franchise.

Dimension is aiming to make the movie pre-strike.

Senior vp production Matthew Stein will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension.

French filmmakers Maury and Bustillo come to the project off the strength of their supernatural thriller "Inside," about a pregnant woman who loses her boyfriend in a car crash and subsequently is violently haunted by a mysterious woman. The Weinstein Co./Dimension picked up the distribution rights to their film debut this year.

The filmmakers said they had the blessing of Barker to reappropriate his story and also had a playful message to any horror fans that were ready to trash the idea of a remake, "No tears, please; it's a waste of good remaking!"

Dimension's "Halloween" remake, directed by Rob Zombie, grossed more than $57 million.

Maury and Bustillo are repped by Paradigm.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i0c86abe9c72f2e6e48f0d6925af276c0

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
did cigarsandscotch write that?

and... WHYYYY??? are they remaking that one now??!?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
And they want to MAKE it pre-strike giving it all the care and attention a movie deserves.

Aug 11, 2005
Hellraiser was really shitty, what could it hurt remaking it?
Clive Barker movies suck ass

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Exactly. At least they are remaking a movie that actually needs it this time.

Dec 3, 2005
These horror movie remakes are pissing me off. Get your own ideas you fucks. Remakes, WHY!? Untalented fucking douches.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
On the contrary, Hellraiser is actually a pretty solid horror flick.

And not all films based on Clive Barker's properties have sucked. Most have, primarily because they made like a dozen sequels to Hellraiser, and all but about one of them stunk. But Hellraiser was good, and the original Candyman movie was a fucking great horror film.

I'd love for them to do a Weaveworld miniseries on HBO or Showtime.

reverend chapel

Feb 12, 2007
Scotland
Weren't they supposed to be doing a weaveworld miniseries? I know he`s got some movie out starring Vinnie Jones
I`d be fucking happy if he`d finnish off The books of the art trilogy instead of writing shortstories and Pinhead going emo and offing himself.
Fucking Scousers!

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
If it's not broke don't fix it.