The Noose An American Nightmare

ruinedbitredd

Feb 10, 2007
God Bless CNN and it's hard hitting news service. Set yer Tivo's for the very special broadcast.

Here's a tease:
The noose, a symbol of hatred from America’s dark past, has resurfaced. Why is it back? CNN’s Kyra Phillips investigates the shocking history of the noose and its re-emergence across the United States. Watch Saturday and Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/siu/the.noose/

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
My dad taught me to tie a noose correctly when I was a kid. Neither he nor I have ever hung anyone.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Im not big on hate crimes. If I get mugged and beaten up for being a jew, or for my wallet, I dont see the difference in terms of how the law should punish the crime. but a putting a noose on someones door, given the historical context, is a bit of a threat in my opinion.

FredThe4thMic

Censorship goes Cumsies
Feb 11, 2007
I fuck nooses with my ASS.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
It's amazing to me how people intepret symbols. Case in point, the burning of a cross on someone's lawn. My grandmother told me that back in the good old days a cross was burned on someone's lawn if there was behavior going on in that household the community frowned upon. Let's say your wife starts showing up around town sporting some bruises and black eyes. You're probably going to have a cross burned on your lawn. If that doesn't work then an assbeating would soon follow unless you skipped town. It's a form of intimidation but it wasn't always about race even though most people nowadays associate it only with that. I've never heard about the noose thing though.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
The noose was the symbol of the lynch mob. You know, they didn't hang black people alone. Nor did they focus on innocent people. Most people who got lynched weren't angels.

Sure, some innocent black people got lynched but this is getting ridiculous.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Lynching should be brought back. It's a great way to rid ourselves of crooked politicians, criminals, and other undesirables.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

And best of all it's a reusable resource.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
The noose was the symbol of the lynch mob. You know, they didn't hang black people alone. Nor did they focus on innocent people. Most people who got lynched weren't angels.

So Lynch mobs were doing God's work? I agree. Usually the people they lynched were guilty. I remember reading a story of a black who was lynched because he looked at a white woman. You are correct sir, he was guilty and should have been killed.

ruinedbitredd

Feb 10, 2007
I actually watched part of this late last night and it went from imformative to absurd in about fifteen minutes twenty minutes. I think the imagery is bad and CNN has its heart in the right place but the execution of the program is just terrible.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Way back in the days after the mob killed a cop in New Orleans everyone gathered up a bunch of mobsters and hung 18 of them.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
So Lynch mobs were doing God's work? I agree. Usually the people they lynched were guilty. I remember reading a story of a black who was lynched because he looked at a white woman. You are correct sir, he was guilty and should have been killed.
Like I said....that was the minority of cases and not the ones I'm defending.

eating chicken:black folks::lynching:innocent black folks

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

Out of curiosity how do you know this? The in depth records they kept or the DNA evidence?

I feel sad for the person who tries to hang himself and gets accused of committing a hate crime.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY

eating chicken:black folks::lynching:innocent black folks
I'm not going to disagree with you on the fact criminals were lynched, but I thinked happened alot more to blacks than you think.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I'm not going to disagree with you on the fact criminals were lynched, but I thinked happened alot more to blacks than you think.
No, no, no. It happened a lot but only to utterly guilty criminals except for like one or two mistakes.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I tend to side with Opie on this.

Why are nooses popping up all over the place? Because people, especially stupid young people, realize now that they can piss off a LOT of people by hanging them. So, they're doing it.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
65% of lynchings from the time America became a nation were done to black folks. That leaves a whole third of them done to white folks. And the reports I seen most of it was mob justice over a criminal act. So yea....literally hundreds...maybe even a thousand or two black folks were lynched across 2 centuries. If white folks wanted to really throw up a symbol of killing poor innocent black folks they'd display 40s and crack rocks.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
65% of lynchings from the time America became a nation were done to black folks. That leaves a whole third of them done to white folks. And the reports I seen most of it was mob justice over a criminal act.
the criminal system at that time was horribly unfair to blacks. yet you think street justice at that time was on the mark and fair?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
65% of lynchings from the time America became a nation were done to black folks. That leaves a whole third of them done to white folks. And the reports I seen most of it was mob justice over a criminal act. So yea....literally hundreds...maybe even a thousand or two black folks were lynched across 2 centuries.
But why do you act like it was only guilty people who got hanged? Or make it seem as though only a tiny, tiny minority of those lynched were guilty.

If white folks wanted to really throw up a symbol of killing poor innocent black folks they'd display 40s and crack rocks.
Would they?

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
The noose, a symbol of hatred from America’s dark past, has resurfaced. Why is it back? CNN’s Kyra Phillips investigates the shocking history of the noose and its re-emergence across the United States.
Because you're on the news talking about it stupid...

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
No, no, no. It happened a lot but only to utterly guilty criminals except for like one or two mistakes.
Between the years of 1880 - 1968 there were 4,743 people killed by mob viloence. (These are just the documented ones) Of those killings, 3,446 were black. In 1892 alone there were 230 lynchings. ONE OR TWO MISTAKES were made, so you were correct sir. They were all justified killings.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 1 or 2 mistakes?.....:(

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Between the years of 1880 - 1968 there were 4,743 people killed by mob viloence. (These are just the documented ones) Of those killings, 3,446 were black. In 1892 alone there were 230 lynchings. ONE OR TWO MISTAKES were made, so you were correct sir. They were all justified killings.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 1 or 2 mistakes?.....:(
He was being sarcastic dum-dums. And nice Wikipedia cut n paste, you're a regular fucking scholar.

I just can't get over the fact that the recent noose sightings are being taken seriously like the KKK is back in full effect. IT'S A BUNCH OF RETARD TEENAGERS, CALM THE FUCK DOWN. They are watching the dopes on the news and laughing their asses off.

Stop acting like it's still 1950s Mississippi, get over yourself. It's your constant whining that pisses people off, not the color of your skin.

Zona992006

New Wackbag
Jan 26, 2007
He was being sarcastic dum-dums. And nice Wikipedia cut n paste, you're a regular fucking scholar.

I just can't get over the fact that the recent noose sightings are being taken seriously like the KKK is back in full effect. IT'S A BUNCH OF RETARD TEENAGERS, CALM THE FUCK DOWN. They are watching the dopes on the news and laughing their asses off.

Stop acting like it's still 1950s Mississippi, get over yourself. It's your constant whining that pisses people off, not the color of your skin.
I didnt get those facts from Wikipedia, but I will check them out. Just by posting facts I learned constitutes Whining? As far as all the sudden attention, black people dont run the media. Black people are not the ones who decide what stories to run. You do realize the media tells you what black people are upset about...wow.

You seem to be the only one whining in here Sir.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
I didnt get those facts from Wikipedia, but I will check them out. Just by posting facts I learned constitutes Whinning? As far as all the sudden attention, black people dont run the media. Black people are not the ones who decide what stories to run.

You seem to be the only one whinning in here Sir. Dont' worry though, I wont hate you because of the color of your skin.
It's whining, not whinning, stupid. And you are right, they don't run the media. A white reporter just happened to be at Columbia and found a noose hanging on the doorknob and said "My big break! Finally!"

Why I continue to argue with mental defectives on messageboards is beyond me.