'The Office' spin-off?

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
TV Guide reports that NBC is developing an episode of comedy "The Office" that would introduce several new characters who would then be spun off into a new series.

The proposed "Office 2" is not expected to include any of the mother ship's core cast, as producers are already casting about for a "name" to headline the potential show.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=38911

Spin-off's are so hit or miss. I really don't want them to mess up this show!

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
They recently started French, French-Canadian, and German versions of the show. I'd be curious to see those. They aren't just subtitled versions of the UK and US shows,they're brand new programming.

I don't think it's a smart idea to try to brand a show as a spin-off unless it has a principal character from the original show. As soon as you call it a spin-off, you're kind of noting it as second-hand. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a spin-off version about the warehouse - it'd be nice to see Patrice have a steady role in a series.

As it stands right now, I wouldn't be surprised if the US version of The Office has only one or two more seasons left. They're going to have to keep adding and subtracting characters to keep things moving. My guess is they add a second version of Jim the way they added Andy as a second version of Dwight.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
the us version is a spin off - or rip off
good but not as good as the UK original
What I like about the US version is that you get to see where the UK version would have gone if there was just a slight turn in the plot. The UK version left you wanting more and, because of the US version, you get more without risking ruining the UK version.

Overall, I think the supporting cast on the US version is much better than the one on the UK version - though the UK cast was good, as well. I can't really think of a character on that show that I don't like or doesn't make me laugh. The woman who plays Angela does an amazing job - she's probably the best one on the show.

AngryPest

Mar 3, 2005
You could have a show about Dwight's cousin. Secluded cabin, forced sex and outhouses. Call it the Orafice...

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
This is what I thought Jim transferring was going to turn into.