19 Oklahoma State
20 Virginia Tech
21 Kansas State
22 Boise State
23 Florida
24 Notre Dame
25 Auburn

icculus1284

I'm not going to get to see a whole lot this year. My job has me at 2-10 PM EST every Saturday.

icculus1284

Yeah, I've got DVR, but I dunno if I'll be able to avoid receiving score updates.

I'll probably be able to listen to games on the XM and possibly be able to stream games from the computer. However, my job doesn't permit me to be able to sit in front of the computer all day.

I'm sure I'll get to see plenty of Michigan home games and West Coast teams.

SEC Pride...

For whatever reason, even though I 99.99% know it's not true, a tiny part of my brain keeps thinking that MIZZOU actually moved campus to the South somewhere.

It makes no sense, but I'll be like, "Yeah now that MIZ is down in [Georgia]..."
I expect them to break the top 25 in a few weeks; I think most polls have them around 30 range in the "also receiving votes"

Does anyone else's team do this bullshit Pay Per View for the first few "WGAS Games"
And it's no like $5.99, which I might pay, it's $39.99 or something to see them play Eastern Illinois State Tech or whoever

Does anyone else's team do this bullshit Pay Per View for the first few "WGAS Games"
And it's no like $5.99, which I might pay, it's $39.99 or something to see them play Eastern Illinois State Tech or whoever
How the hell are they're getting away with that? Are Missouri games not shown on local television in your neck of the woods?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I'm pretty sure Nebraska has been pulling that shit for a while now.

How the hell are they're getting away with that? Are Missouri games not shown on local television in your neck of the woods?
No, they are. They're either on the Nat'l regional coverage like ABC,CBS or whatever, or Fox Sports Midwest locally.
But for the last 5 years or so, they only offer the first 2-3 games on PPV. I'm not really sure what the logic is, maybe they need to pay for their crews to film and go to a shitty game? And the ratings are shitty, so they need incentive? Not sure.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
No, they are. They're either on the Nat'l regional coverage like ABC,CBS or whatever, or Fox Sports Midwest locally.
But for the last 5 years or so, they only offer the first 2-3 games on PPV. I'm not really sure what the logic is, maybe they need to pay for their crews to film and go to a shitty game? And the ratings are shitty, so they need incentive? Not sure.
ESPN has a shitload of broadcast teams. Typically they also over-hire a bunch of teams early in the season to try out new talent, since there are more games in the early season (fewer bye weeks, and playing I-AA teams increases the total). The big regional/national games get their usual play, but a local station can pay ESPN/ABC a fee and broadcast a PPV game as a "free" game, if the local station has the money and think it's worth it.

WADR, I don't think the local stations think Mizzou games are worth the fee.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

icculus1284

One hour until USCe/Vandy.

I've got a feeling that Vandy may surprise some folks this year.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I can see it now. PSU is going to go 8-4 in a shitty Big 10 and everyone is going to act like they accomplished some great feat.